Passing on the highway (US)

When we did the behind the wheel our instructor had peddles on his side. I was the last that day. While I was driving (trying to be careful) he floored it. Latter u asked him why he did that. His answer I new you could handle it. I new but little did he know that I would one day become a professional driver. He must have seen something in me. 1 accadent and 3 tickets for no seat belt hm imagine that. I grew up when seat belts where an after thought nowbody used them. It took a 3rd exspensive ticket to get me to wear it Dam Binoculars. The last cop said atleast make it not so obvious. A white shirt and a missing black belt hmm pretty obvious.

Kirisin said:
I have seen some passing on the right on a 2 lane interstate. Those passing on the right on these Highways are just stupid drivers in a hurry to kill themselves. There in so much of a hurry that they can't wait the 5 seconds for the person in the left lane to get back in the right after a pass. The thing is they hope you will see them and not hit them. I personally have and also witnessed these drivers run off onto the sholder. We trucks have hudge blind spots called NO ZONES usually where paying attention until one if these idiots comes flying around us. It's dangerous and it's stupid nothing can be that important. I also have watched and sat in a line of traffic approaching a closed lane as people fly up in the closed lane and jam thereself in making the rest of us wait for there inpatients. They sometimes in some states call this a zipper merge except nobody knows how to do it. There was a video running around a few years back. A construction zone dump truck got the ultimate revenge on one of these car drivers. As the small car tried to run up the shoulder the dump truck just moved a little to the right. The car driver panicked jurked his car to the right flew past the Dump Truck and flew into the construction zone full of mud. I couldnt find it on YouTube. The extra 100 feet is it really worth your life.
And when the car doesn't move back to the right? That's what I find frustrating.

Reactions: chamberpot, Kirisin and BobbiSueEllen
1987 Driver's ed for me. I swear that was no more than 12-15 years ago!

Reactions: Kirisin and BobbiSueEllen
Back