Onsie questions?

UnderTheRadar

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I know a lot of people suggest wearing a onesie if you are going to wear diapers in public

I will be traveling by car, on a 12-hour drive, here in about 2 and 1/2 months... I wet when I sleep, I'm trying to make it less obvious, I don't want my kids to know about it, my wife obviously knows about it cuz we sleep in the same bed... Lol 🤣

So I think that this might be a good option... Because I likely be sleeping on a 12-hour drive at some point, figured it was a good idea to wear protection, it's kind of hard to hide a diaper, but it's even harder to hide peat in clothes and a wet seat in a small car.

I'm looking for an affordable onesie the looks like a normal undershirt.

Thoughts on a onesie

1.) They help hide the diaper
2.) They help keep the diaper properly in place
3.) Because they keep the diaper properly in place, the diaper is less prone to leaks
4.) They help keep the diaper quiet
5.) They make the diaper less noticable as they hide the lines more
6.) They keep the diaper from sagging

Reactions: skylanderpamp, newAB43 and wearforsafety
There are plenty of places you can get a simple onesie that will go unnoticed, I imagine members from the states can give you better sources than me right now so I will leave that to them but most of the bigger places online where you buy adult diapers these days will also sell onesies.

Etsy is always a good place to look and I know there are stores that sell them that look like t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, button down and 1/2 button down shirts, Polo necks etc. depending on what you normally wear (smart or casual) you can find something suitable. All in plain colours or simple patterns like tweed or stripes, these would all easily just look like a normal shirt.

All your points above are right, you could also add.
7.) They are very comfortable.
8.) They can help you feel more confident while wearing knowing the diaper is well hidden and well supported.

Reactions: newAB43, wearforsafety and UnderTheRadar
Oh yeah. A onesie is your solution for sure! Then you can drive, ride along and sleep in wet confidence! I got mine from Rearz and tend to wear it more in cooler weather as a first layer beneath an untucked shirt. Does want you want it to and is fun to wear!

Reactions: newAB43 and UnderTheRadar
Tykables Snappies.

Reactions: PatrickABDL
I have a couple of these...they are lighter fabric and only 3 snaps. I added some snaps as I wear bulky cloth diapers

I also have 2 from this company. Actually was able to stop in at their little store when on vacation this year. I like AB Universe's a lot better

Lane

Reactions: PatrickABDL
I have no idea how to size an adult onesie... Would I get one that's intentionally a little tight? Or I just don't know

I would need to get a few of them.. But I'm just not sure how that works exactly

Reactions: newAB43 and PadPhilosopher
UnderTheRadar said:
I have no idea how to size an adult onesie... Would I get one that's intentionally a little tight? Or I just don't know

I would need to get a few of them.. But I'm just not sure how that works exactly
The ones I bought said to buy your usual T shirt size. I did, and they worked fine. I probably could have gone one size down for more compression, but it would have made it more difficult to fasten and looked strange as I never wear skin tight shirts. :eek:

Reactions: newAB43, Seasonedcitizen and UnderTheRadar
I wear them every night and a lot in the daytime too. Usual t-shirt size; Use in place of an undershirt. All of those thoughts are valid. They work very well with cloth diapers and plastic pants.

InvestigativePhilosopher said:
I bought these in the past and was very pleased with what I got for what I paid. https://www.ebay.com/itm/155222932524
I have these in black white and also a blue one. they are great. I can walk about in public n do wat ever and looks just like I'm wearing a t-shirt. no one knows that underneath I'm wetting my nappy.

UnderTheRadar said:
I know a lot of people suggest wearing a onesie if you are going to wear diapers in public

I will be traveling by car, on a 12-hour drive, here in about 2 and 1/2 months... I wet when I sleep, I'm trying to make it less obvious, I don't want my kids to know about it, my wife obviously knows about it cuz we sleep in the same bed... Lol 🤣

So I think that this might be a good option... Because I likely be sleeping on a 12-hour drive at some point, figured it was a good idea to wear protection, it's kind of hard to hide a diaper, but it's even harder to hide peat in clothes and a wet seat in a small car.

I'm looking for an affordable onesie the looks like a normal undershirt.

Thoughts on a onesie

1.) They help hide the diaper
2.) They help keep the diaper properly in place
3.) Because they keep the diaper properly in place, the diaper is less prone to leaks
4.) They help keep the diaper quiet
5.) They make the diaper less noticable as they hide the lines more
6.) They keep the diaper from sagging
onesies can be great for all the reasons you listed. good quality onesies are not cheap. Tykables has very good one that are t-shirt style and polo shirt style. Changing Times Diaper Company also have very good onesies along with Rearz. You can look of Esty at Big Tot. another suggestion which would be cheaper option over onesies with the same benefits are sport compression shorts. On a long road trip I would say the onesies will be more comfortable. i wear 24/7 and always have and trying to the need to wear diapers around family i have found to be extremely hard, stressful, uncomfortable, and emotionally draining. your family isn't going to love you less because to need to wear a diaper. my daughter has always been aware that i wear diapers. what i wear as underwear has never been an issue with her or family. it is only seen a shameful and/or embarrassing if you treat it that way. have a great trip and try not to worry about needing to wearing diapers. beside kids are too focused on themselves to truly notice much when it comes to their parents.

• Love
Reactions: UnderTheRadar, Seasonedcitizen and PadPhilosopher
An important measurement is the shoulder to crotch length. Women have shorter torsos so a woman’s onesie/body suit/leotard/bathing suit might be too tight.

Well depending on your normal attire....

If you are a polo/golf shirt tucked in type, i've seen ones that would go for this no issue, that is if that is your normal attire.

If your more a casual than business casual then a tshirt in white would be the best option.

I've always ordered the same as my t-shirt size (Albeit that can vary especially from cheap MFG).

I have a few still kicking around, but these days more wear a suit from preventawear under if either i care if someone sees(usually in a wheelchair when out so not that worried about it) or moreso to keep things in place (yes sometimes both ways).

Reactions: UnderTheRadar, PadPhilosopher and newAB43
I have a few but usually for sleeping when it gets cold. I got them (solid colors) at Padded Bums.com ~ $20. I liked the ones with 5 snaps. Keeps the diaper secured. I'm sure others are available but more money. $20 sounded cheaper and they have the 5 snap closure.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, UnderTheRadar, PadPhilosopher and 2 others
I love my ABU onesies, but man… The stock situation is pretty rough. From what I can tell, they haven’t restocked in like a year. The patterned onesies have been unavailable for what seems like about six months now, maybe longer. Also, they say you can return the white onesies, and to buy one of those first if you don’t know your size, but I think those have been out of stock since last year. I fortunately do know my size, but I’ve been hoping to add a LittlePawz onesie to my collection.

Probably time to consider other sources. 😕

Reactions: UnderTheRadar, PadPhilosopher and newAB43
Back