One would assume mainstream diaper companies must be aware and actively promoting to the ABDL community

Status
Not open for further replies.

paddeddownthere

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
When you type in ABDL in Amazon, you will often get sponsored results from mainstream adult diaper companies. Today I got Prevail, a company called “Newclears” and Wings as sponsored ads. Do you think they are deliberately promoting? Or are Amazon algorithms picking up on ABDL diapers via search and showing you other options and billing the mainstream companies for the ad? Just curious.

Reactions: TigerDL and Diaperlover40
Most program algorithms and word parsers will look for certain words or phrases so although you put in abdl nappies the algorithm sees Adult nappies and produces ads that match. If you ask a question in Google, if you look at the search results you will see some that come up with one or more words in your search with a line through or it will say "with xxxxxxx omitted" it's the same sort of process.

I definitely think they must know. I can’t imagine top management would cut off a possible major stream of income that Clearly exists.

Diapereddrummer15 said:
I definitely think they must know. I can’t imagine top management would cut off a possible major stream of income that Clearly exists.

amd yet most mainstream adult nappy suppliers only supply or produce medical type ones and don't appear to actively support the abdl market.

I think they, being businesses, would love to have as many customers as possible. They're just concerned about alienating the big majority of their medical customers, so those that do market to ABDL are usually discrete about it. They may not pick up as many new customers as if they had marketed more aggressively, but then that might have lost them more on the IC side than it gained them on the ABDL side.

Believe it or not, we are not a market they want to reach, we may be a lot in this community as we think, but we are fairly not enough for main stream manufacturers to risk their business on ABDL market which is a very small market compared to IC people or baby/toddlers that will always require diapers. And Main market isn't ready to see ABDL diapers appear at regular stores, which would be a requirement for any mainstream company to mass produce ABDL diapers, they won't do it if it can't be placed in stores and be purchased by a lot of people.

Of course, researching adult-size diapers will get you results for incontinence products. People who search for AB/DL also search for diapers, and as such the search results are correlated.

As for why AB/DL products wouldn’t end up in stores, the justification is pretty clear - it simply doesn’t make much financial sense. For most incontinent people who aren’t part of this community, their condition requires completely separate needs - discretion is often a must, and most would likely feel embarrassed with the babyish prints AB/DLs appreciate.

Moreover, most products sold in stores are designed as being a barrier for light incontinence, prioritizing light weight and value. These are the Depends and Attends of the world, the kind of things that are cheap and might hold a leak in an emergency.

AB/DL diapers, in comparison, are often are deliberately designed in the opposite direction - they swell and crinkle and squish, and are often design to hold liters of liquid more in comparison. AB/DL diapers are in essence “enthusiast-grade”, trying to push the limits with capacity, performance, and comfort.

This, in turn, drives up the price, leading individuals with heavy incontinence to invest in medical diapers instead. Designed mainly for nursing homes and similar care facilities, these diapers are often designed in between the two - they straddle price, performance, and weight, to meet the needs of that market. Many AB/DLs buy these products, as for a cost-conscious individual it can provide far better performance in terms of mL/$.

Now, let’s imagine that a normal store put AB/DL diapers on their shelf. Who would buy them? Normal customers who purchase cheap diapers wouldn’t go for them - they look too babyish, they cost too much, and they’re way too thick.

What about someone who normally buys medical diapers? They likely wouldn’t go for the AB/DL print, as the medical diapers are cheaper and more adult-looking to boot. Medical facilities probably wouldn’t invest in them, either, as imagine visiting someone in a nursing home and seeing a baby-block print out the edge of their pants. Some self-righteous individual would have a field day about that.

Finally, let’s explore the target demographic - the actual AB/DLs in the store. Would they buy it at the counter? It’s a product pretty obviously designed for this type of behavior and age play - would you be willing to go through a store full of normies, up to a cashier, and purchase it? I can imagine a lot of people wouldn’t, myself included. The current approach - delivering orders discreetly via mail - works just as well for most consumers. For the brands that exist - ABU, Bambino, Tykables, Rearz, etc. - they make good money from customers shipping the product to the home. There simply isn’t a motivation to ship product out across the country to stores.

Last edited:
Reactions: Florencio
I'm sure the mainstream diaper Co.s are well aware of the ABDL community - but have never that I know of shown any real interest in marketing anything to us.
If any ever actually were interrested in this market - it sure would not take much on their end to do it!

Northshore and Betterdry are both fully abdl-aware. XP medical had a rep post on here once but they never verified their account and haven't been back since.

I've heard several rumors that abena knows of abdls and they don't appreciate being associated with us.

On top of all the reasons already stated, I also have to assume that mainstream diaper brands are very much aware of the very low opinions AB/DLs have about their products. Depends are hands-down the laughingstock of the "diaper enthusiast world", I guarantee the company would lose money if they tried marketing to our demographic because nobody ever has anything good to say about them, let alone would want to buy any Depends.

irnub said:
I've heard several rumors that abena knows of abdls and they don't appreciate being associated with us.
Bloody facists! 🤪
So much for 'the free world'; bring on the PRC!
😁
Such discrimination isn't confined to dispies, though. As a backstreet engineer, discrimintory sales practices have been a pain in the arse for years.

Another point to consider, though, may be that those who run dispy companies, and those who design dispies, just have no concept of aesthetics and wouldn't have a clue how to satisfy the various markets with even something as simple as the colour or shade of the outer foil/cover.
Thinking about it, that's also true of the ugly baby dispies, too.
Of course, they'd come back with excuses of costs of designers, etc.

It seems that a lot of people nowadays just lack the brains to realize that thought is free
(touching on many current topics, there).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back