Nye?

MixerOp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I read, yesterday, that crowds in Times Square are so packed for New Years Eve that you can't get out. So a lot of adults wear adult diapers for it. Has anyine else read this? Or can someone confirm this?

Stay padded, my friends,
MixerOp

I have heard this. It was a "joke" mentioned on the radio that it was so packed and for so long that everyone needed diapers. Though nobody admitted they used one and moved on to the next topic.

Another poster here also mentioned he saw his non-dl neighbor return home with a leaky diaper on.

Yes they do.

A year or two ago I was watching the Dick Clark in Time Square... they went to two women on the street to talk with (on camera). The two women were in their 20s and were cool, happy, and having fun! When asked about worrying about the washroom they revealed that they were both wearing diapers and didn't seem embarrassed at all!! Seems to come up each year at some point on the show.

Maybe it will become a trend :smile1:

I saw 2 young women interviewed on NYE day in Times Square. Asked if they were going to wait there for 14 hours until midnight, one replied, yes unless my diaper is full. When asked if they were wearing diapers they both said, Yes.

Rufusc24 said:
I saw 2 young women interviewed on NYE day in Times Square. Asked if they were going to wait there for 14 hours until midnight, one replied, yes unless my diaper is full. When asked if they were wearing diapers they both said, Yes.

I would be willing to bet that before the spot was recorded they milled around in the crowd asking around "is there a couple here that's wearing diapers that would like to say a few words about it on TV?"

You're not just going to pick two randoms out of a crowd like that and hit jackpot.

I am hardly suprised by this news. People go to <insert genre> concerts diapered all the time. Just ask the custodians who have to clean it up; and New Years events are no different.

I have not heard this but I've heard similar things. Like I've heard about people wearing diapers to big music festivals when they're crowded and especially if they're moshing. I've never been to Time square at NYE but if I did I would definitely wear a diaper and love it if whoever I was with also participated in wearing one. It would be great if this were more of a mainstream thing. Imagine like a diaper stand where you can buy your padding before going into concerts or crowded events. Now that would be a fun place to be. Sorry got off topic a bit XD

A few recent news articles :sweatdrop: - Easy to convince anyone to join the crowd and trend, wear a diaper!

I like this from nytimes, they indirectly say yes, it's advisable to wear a diaper!
FAQ: Should you wear a diaper? Some people actually do, given the bathroom access challenges
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/31/nyregion/newyorktoday/2019-new-years-eve-ball-drop.html

Ayame Yamakawa (in white coat), who traveled from Okinawa, Japan, shows off her adult diaper as she waits with her friends.
https://nypost.com/2018/01/01/adult-diapers-and-cold-weather-didnt-stop-these-people-from-welcoming-2018/

Wait. There are no bathrooms? There are no bathrooms. I repeat: There are no bathrooms! You must choose between purposefully dehydrating yourself -- risking both death and your skincare routine -- or wearing a diaper. Cops usually look the other way when little kids are passed over barricades to pee in the street, but you’re not a baby, are you? No? Then put on your diaper.
https://www.thrillist.com/lifestyle/new-york/times-square-new-years-eve-ball-drop-guide

Back