Not sure what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BukLau

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have read some post that many of you remember wanting to wear diaper again at the age of 4.

My son who is 4,5 years have told me three times with 2-3week intervall that he wants to wear diapers. He was potty trained 1,5 years ago. At that time I told him that he is a big boy now and can manage well to go to the toilet. He did not protest my awnser and just changed the subject. He has not asked me again in two months now.

However. Im not sure if us parentes denying this need will make him want this more and more later. Well.. for most of us i guess it has? Should I Just buy him a pack of diapers and let him try them again and hope that it ends his feeling for needing them? Or will it Just add fuel to the fire?

I Just think he he is to little to decide if he is a DL, like his father :p

Do you think your mental need for dipers wolud have been cured if your parentes did not make you miss them for years of your life?

Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover
I don't know the answer to your question but I will add my experience. When I was about four or five, a cousin left a pack of pampers at my house. I used every one of those diapers. The urge to wear them was already there when the diapers showed up and I just got lucky to get some. Being able to try them out didn't lessen the desire to wear diapers. I don't think it increased the desire either. That desire was there long before those diapers showed up.

Reactions: Lewis Badger
This is something you should bring to a pediatric/childhood/parenting forum, not this one.

If he hasn't asked you in 2 months I'd leave it be and not bring it up again. At that age it was probably just something going through his head based on something he saw or heard from someone else and you can support his needs and development in other ways, it's possible he's just trying to get attention

Last edited:
Reactions: TyphaHare, Jonnythepony, Deleted member 48219 and 2 others
AT this age, try to distract him from it if he asks again. Do you really want your child to be an AB/DL, try to discourage it if you can.

I keep my DL very well hidden and private. I don’t even talk about diapers around my kids.

One day my child under 5 saw an old pampers diaper we still had from our younger child, he asked if he could wear it and pee in it, I was flabbergasted and ashamed of myself thinking it was somehow my fault. I said no and changed the subject.

My wife one time let my 3 kids for fun put on the diapers and run around the house, I asked her to not do that.

I think as a DL I need to tread lightly and definitely do not bring the subject up. If the child is persistent then I honestly don’t know what to do. Don’t encourage it.

Obviously a part of me understands DL and would want to allow the child to be happy. But my kid also wants a lot of things I say no to.

I think this is probably a conversation that a lot more parents have than we expect. Certainly more often than ABDLs are the result. Children have wide-ranging curiosity and lots of different things can come up. My mom was pretty non-judgmental when it came up as a little kid but I quickly internalized that it was inappropriate from TV and other kids. I doubt it was set at my first iklings; it likely took years of just the right circumstances.

Lots of men wind up with kinks. It's unlikely to be what you expect. While you're watching out for diapers, it'll be mayonnaise instead. Leave it alone.

Reactions: PullupAndy, Andustar, reval and 1 other person
Trevor said:
Lots of men wind up with kinks. It's unlikely to be what you expect. While you're watching out for diapers, it'll be mayonnaise instead. Leave it alone.
😂😂😂

To be honest, you probably should let him wear on his own conditions and time. Just set rules and boundaries. At his stage/point in life, it's not a sexual thing/kink/whatever, but a learning experience. He may end up deciding that he doesn't like them.

Reactions: egor, LittleMissPink and anton
That’s a tough question, and one I have thought about a lot as my children grew. I would not hold back something any of my kids wanted to try as long as it was not illegal or unethical. Diapers didn’t end up being an issue for any of them (that i know of), but there were other things that my wife and I allowed that quickly faded because we didn’t make a big deal of it. For me, the desire was there early, and I’ve always wondered how different things would be if diapers would have been the answer for my bed wetting instead of ridicule and shame. I grew up wishing to be back in diapers, rather than happy to not be waking in a wet bed. At the end of the day, you need to make the decision that you think is best for the child. Sounds like you are a thoughtful parent, let that continue to guide you.

mayhem said:
To be honest, you probably should let him wear on his own conditions and time. Just set rules and boundaries. At his stage/point in life, it's not a sexual thing/kink/whatever, but a learning experience. He may end up deciding that he doesn't like them.
It would be important for a parent to set boundaries, not just let the child do whatever they want. For example wearing at school could cause issues with peers and wearing all the time if that's what they wanted would almost certainly impact other parts of their development if it was an ongoing thing

Reactions: mayhem
My first thought is transgender kids. It's getting more common now. I think if it were my kid who wanted to be transgender,, I'd make them wait until adulthood, but let them play with opposite sex toys at home.

Katie2fingers said:
My first thought is transgender kids. It's getting more common now. I think if it were my kid who wanted to be transgender,, I'd make them wait until adulthood, but let them play with opposite sex toys at home.

You want someone to allow their young child, pre adolescences, to play with sex toys? That is disturbing.

mayhem said:
You want someone to allow their young child, pre adolescences, to play with sex toys? That is disturbing.
I hope you joking. She obviously meant let boys play with toys that are usually for girls and let girls play with toys that are usually for boys. Obviously not letting children and adolescents play with sex toys

Reactions: PullupAndy
On the idea of boundaries a good ebook is "so, your teenager is wearing nappies" by Rosalie Bent it goes into placing limits on wearing and when they can use them if at all. Boundaries I think are a good idea and balancing it with their childhood social life.
Another note I'd like to suggest is that just because they want to wear them doesn't mean they are or will be ABDL. I'd say more likely than not it will be a phase they will grow out of so why not let them try it and if by some chance they are attracted to nappies then you will have gained their trust in you as someone who will love them despite those attractions.
My parents ignored my pleas for wanting to wear nappies and eventually I gave up asking them not because I "grew out of wanting them" but because I eventually realized they couldn't be trusted to help me. So for me that's why it's so important for my future kids to feel they can always come to me to talk about anything (not just nappies).
If a child wants to wear or even if they'd said it just once and you brushed them off and they haven't brought it up since, doesn't mean they are over it. They could be internalizing it inside themselves (like I did). I'd encourage just sitting down somewhere with them and talking it through. Let them know that they can always talk to you about things (and to your surprise it might end up being nothing about nappies but other issues). I think that reassurance helps for future problems they have.
To my parents I seemed like a normal kid yet my desires were still there and was such a hard battle, especially in my early teen years as the transition to more responsibility came about, along with puberty and other dilemmas and with no one to talk about these volatile issues made me feel incredibly alone and shameful.
I told my one of my best friends since preschool about how I am ABDL a couple of months ago and he is totally fine with it (he even said he wished he knew this sooner). The feeling of finally having someone in my life who is accepting and doesn't care if I like what I like is the most elating feeling ever.
For me I wish this day came sooner and you as a parent can make that day happen sooner and it doesn't have to be just about nappies but anything that troubles them.

Reactions: anton
DanielW said:
How generous of you
That was sarcasm; wasn't it? Also, Katie, puberty blockers are a thing. What if the kid was right about being trans the whole time, and went through the wrong puberty because you made the kid wait? Kids without access to puberty blockers don't generally pass as well as those with access to them.
mayhem said:
I'm pretty sure Katie2fingers meant she'd allow her TG kid to play with age appropriate toys associated with the gender between the child's ears. Nothing to do with sex, ( as in intercourse) at least I hope not, or even sex in the chromosomal sense of the word.

I certain it won't make any difference if you buy or don't buy him diapers. We are who we are I think there is more to abdl than just some event in our life that cuased it to be this way.

If it comes out again, just ask why. Pretend you're asking why he likes his favorite song, that way, you don't sound angry, or look angry, for that matter. Yeah, with me, it's several things, that, when taken together, make my ABness clear to me. The light switch moment didn't happen until between 5 and 7.

Maybe he saw a kid wet his pants somewhere and has become self conscious about it. But I would say don't do it because it will only renew his memory about diapers. And I don't think that's a good idea. The more distance you can place between his last real need for them the better.

I don't think anyone here can reasonably answer that, it's your responsibility as a parent to consider the issue and act accordingly, I don't think there's necessarily a right way to respond.

I would say, though, that it may be a good idea to try and understand why you child wants to wear diapers if he asks again, talking to a 4/5 year old is obviously difficult, but you may get some answers with patience.

Personally, I didn't get many opportunities to wear diapers when I was younger, but even if I had I doubt the desire would've gone away. I've by no means dependent on it and have gone years without wearing any until more recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back