Northshore now for ABDL

Status
Not open for further replies.
carol said:
I don't know who you mean, but I've done that exact test for myself, to determine which diaper for nighttime I'd order from then on. I tested Northshore Supreme, 24/7, BetterDry/Crinklz, Wellness, and Abena -- the first three were all in the top tier. Sorry Adam, but NS Supreme did not exceed 24/7 nor BetterDry. Furthermore, in actual usage at night, the Supremes leaked out the back sometimes. The winner in both testing and everyday usage was BetterDry.

Adam,
No other independent review that I've seen has put NS Supreme ahead of all else. I'd be interested if you could find one. And I've tested/reviewed myself as I said. You really ought to include some other diapers in your top-tier "5 drop" rating -- that's all. Even *if* Supreme were slightly better, others deserve to share the same top-tier.

I'm not the only one who sees it that way.

Ok no problem. I can understand your view. We'll have them all retested. Unfortunately, quantities and positions are never identical in "actual use" so those results are anecdotal but can't be repeated. There's lots of ways to test diapers that would produce different results from test to test. We'll certainly be re-evaluating the absorbency scales more as more newer diapers are introduced.

NorthShoreAdam said:
The link is good to the Dotty Pony briefs. We carry printed diapers Dotty the Pony and Crinklz and many popular white briefs like NorthShore Supreme/Supreme Lite, BetterDry, Dry 24/7 Wellness Superio, and Abena. We do not carry any Rearz products at this point.

We have two links we use from various postings/ads:
More AB Focus: https://www.northshorecare.com/abdl
More DL Focus: https://www.northshorecare.com/abdl-incontinence-products.html

The second link is found on our site if you click on the main "Shop-For" menu and scroll down
https://www.northshorecare.com/shop-for.html

Our next new products will be colored versions of Supreme Lite briefs and a new all-white NorthShore diaper for DLs where absorbency is even higher than Supremes and sizing is better for those that are in-between sizes on Supremes. Due to the extra-heavy capacity, we added a frontal landing zone for the tapes. More details about the new products in a couple months. They are expected to be available around the end of the year. Planning a bunch of new products for next year as well...

Thank you! I don't keep up with abdl news much so the clarification helps

NorthShoreAdam said:
Ok no problem. I can understand your view. We'll have them all retested. Unfortunately, quantities and positions are never identical in "actual use" so those results are anecdotal but can't be repeated. There's lots of ways to test diapers that would produce different results from test to test. We'll certainly be re-evaluating the absorbency scales more as more newer diapers are introduced.

Just curious, but what are your standards for testing diapers anyways?

Slomo said:
Just curious, but what are your standards for testing diapers anyways?

We use "absorption before leakage" methodology, similar to what has been published in last couple years by EDANA, the European standards organization.

We've gone ahead and changes BetterDry, Crinklz and Dry 24/7 to 5 drops on our site since their results are pretty close to the NorthShore Supreme/AirSupreme Diapers. I appreciate all the feedback as we always strive to improve.

NeverKnow said:
As I said, very transparent. ;)

I'm excited to hear about the all-white DL diaper. I personally find that I get the best fit with ConfiDry 24/7s, so I hope they'll work well for me.

Thanks for everything you do.

Thanks again for the feedback. Regarding the new NorthShore all-white "DL diaper", I wanted to provide a bit more clarity on the sizing. It will come in S, M and L. The Small is in between NorthShore Small and Medium, slightly smaller than ConfiDry 24/7 Small. The Medium is in between NorthShore Medium and Large. And the L is pretty much the same size as the current NorthShore Large. So the three sizes will be a little closer together than the NorthShore Supreme's so there won't be such a big jump from size to size. The only downside is that it won't fit great for those that are very small waists or those who need a true XL size. We're still a few months away, perhaps some better details available in about 2 months.

NorthShoreAdam said:
The link is good to the Dotty Pony briefs. We carry printed diapers Dotty the Pony and Crinklz and many popular white briefs like NorthShore Supreme/Supreme Lite, BetterDry, Dry 24/7 Wellness Superio, and Abena. We do not carry any Rearz products at this point.

We have two links we use from various postings/ads:
More AB Focus: https://www.northshorecare.com/abdl
More DL Focus: https://www.northshorecare.com/abdl-incontinence-products.html

The second link is found on our site if you click on the main "Shop-For" menu and scroll down
https://www.northshorecare.com/shop-for.html

Our next new products will be colored versions of Supreme Lite briefs and a new all-white NorthShore diaper for DLs where absorbency is even higher than Supremes and sizing is better for those that are in-between sizes on Supremes. Due to the extra-heavy capacity, we added a frontal landing zone for the tapes. More details about the new products in a couple months. They are expected to be available around the end of the year. Planning a bunch of new products for next year as well...

I had heard about the colored versions of Supreme Lite briefs but I wasnt aware of the new all-white diaper planned. I am very excited for both of these. I can hardly wait!!!

paddedcowboy said:
I had heard about the colored versions of Supreme Lite briefs but I wasnt aware of the new all-white diaper planned. I am very excited for both of these. I can hardly wait!!!
Super curious about the colored supreme lites as well.

That's really cool that north shore is expanding both their own product line and the other brands they carry. I get so burned out on plain medical diapers it's nice to see a company add things with a little more flair, I would really like to see them carry a few of the rearz diapers as well as foresite or mydiaper!

NorthShoreAdam said:
We've gone ahead and changes BetterDry, Crinklz and Dry 24/7 to 5 drops on our site since their results are pretty close to the NorthShore Supreme/AirSupreme Diapers. I appreciate all the feedback as we always strive to improve.
Adam,
Great -- thanks for listening!

It is a rare and lovely thing to see one's bitching turn into tangible results so quickly. ;-)

carol said:
Adam,
Great -- thanks for listening!

It is a rare and lovely thing to see one's bitching turn into tangible results so quickly. ;-)

I'd wager a guess it's because he was scared that the trash panda in your avvie would come and stare at him through his kitchen window like that. ;D (Sorry, it makes me giggle every time. *Stares back with her own woozle-face*)

And Sheepies: Adam has said they're not going to be plain colors, there'll be some subtle patterns on them. Which just makes me more excited to see what they look like. LOL

Look forward to the day when Northshore finally brings their products to the UK and Europe. Hopefully, it's not too long in the distant future!

NorthShoreAdam said:
Yup...designs for 3 colors of Supreme Lite are done and production is being readied. They will have some fashionable printing on them so they are not totally vanilla. They printing will not be characters or ab-themed, just something to add a little personality to the briefs.

If launch of these initial colors goes well, we'll launch a couple more colors next year as well as adding colored models of the Supremes.
Would it be possible to do a car/transportation themed diaper. There are car people that would probably love to wear a diaper with that kind of theme on it. Me being one of them.

BabyDL44 said:
Would it be possible to do a car/transportation themed diaper. There are car people that would probably love to wear a diaper with that kind of theme on it. Me being one of them.

That's a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

NorthShoreAdam said:
That's a good idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

Oooh, oooh. And with disappearing tire tracks as the wetness indicator. :laugh: (That might be too hard to do. XD)

NorthShoreAdam said:
Yup...designs for 3 colors of Supreme Lite are done and production is being readied. They will have some fashionable printing on them so they are not totally vanilla. They printing will not be characters or ab-themed, just something to add a little personality to the briefs.
As an IC non-AB who likes prints (there are probably many such customers), this would be great. Perhaps also for Supreme and/or Air Supreme?

And, two words: Abstract Art

carol said:
As an IC non-AB who likes prints (there are probably many such customers), this would be great. Perhaps also for Supreme and/or Air Supreme?

And, two words: Abstract Art

If all goes well, Supreme would be next later in 2019. Thx!

NorthShoreAdam said:
If all goes well, Supreme would be next later in 2019. Thx!
I can't wait for this! I had actually contacted you about this idea a little over a year ago, and at the time it wasn't feasible with your vendors you had mentioned. I looked into starting my own line, having custom backsheets printed and applied to adult diapers with a decidedly adult theme. I decided against it, as not only would I have to test certain diapers, find vendors to contract with, and get warehouse space, deal with the logistics of having the custom backsheets sent to the factory, then the product shipped here, and after all of that, I don't even have a customer base to market to!

The risk profile was way too high, and I'm sure I wouldn't have ended up with as good of a diaper as the Supremes are (at least certainly not in the first pass!). Wonderful to hear your vendors have started to consider otherwise, and I hope you're successful with the new line!

PlotTwist said:
I can't wait for this! I had actually contacted you about this idea a little over a year ago, and at the time it wasn't feasible with your vendors you had mentioned. I looked into starting my own line, having custom backsheets printed and applied to adult diapers with a decidedly adult theme. I decided against it, as not only would I have to test certain diapers, find vendors to contract with, and get warehouse space, deal with the logistics of having the custom backsheets sent to the factory, then the product shipped here, and after all of that, I don't even have a customer base to market to!

The risk profile was way too high, and I'm sure I wouldn't have ended up with as good of a diaper as the Supremes are (at least certainly not in the first pass!). Wonderful to hear your vendors have started to consider otherwise, and I hope you're successful with the new line!

Thanks very much for your support. It means a lot. We agree it is very risky to customize colors and patterns, even when you have established business. There are a lot of costs involved to customize diapers like this and it's very difficult to find colors and patterns that are pleasing to a wide audience. We've got some ideas that we're working with some factories on that may allow us to customize colors and patterns in much smaller quantities so we can test out a wide variety of options and change/update frequently to keep current. We're probably a couple years away from being able to test out that technology. In the meantime, we hope that our initial color selections will be a good start...we do have additional colors ready to go next year as well...but we decided to limit the initial launch to only 3 due to the high cost of starting out. Also, we settled on a pattern that we feel should have unisex appeal and is very open to interpretation. Not quite abstract art, but along that same thinking...

CuddleWoozle said:
I'd wager a guess it's because he was scared that the trash panda in your avvie would come and stare at him through his kitchen window like that. ;D (Sorry, it makes me giggle every time. *Stares back with her own woozle-face*)
Thanks! I like your avvie's stare too. I had hoped mine would at least make someone laugh.

Then again, I wonder if it's too in-your-face -- quite literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back