patrick1776

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
For all the middles and littles that are on the older end of the spectrum, do you have a Nintendo switch or other child-centric video game consol?

I am a gamer, but usually opt for complex simulation or engineering types of games for PC that are challenging and not very kid friendly. I have been looking for new ways to tap into little space, and handheld gaming systems are very popular among kids and synonymous with childhood for many of us that grew up in the 80s or later. Is it worth getting a Nintendo Switch, or maybe a 3DS etc. to be able to get into the headspace of a little/middle?

I am worried that the games for them are too childish and simple for an adult to really engage in and enjoy. I can thoroughly enjoy a coloring book or kids cartoon while in little space, but it can get boring after not too long and my adult mind takes over and I switch back to adult mode.

Is it possible to truly enjoy a handheld game system as an adult without getting board or wanting something more engaging and stimulating?

Reactions: PlastiBrain
I have almost every game console since the NES. I've always preferred Japanese console games to western PC games. Action, adventure, beat em ups, JRPG.

Most of the games on Switch are amazing and you can't really replicate those kinds of games on a PC.

Super Mario Odyssey
Zelda
Metroid
Bravely Default
Octopath Traveler
Xenoblade Chronicles
Pokemon
Etc.

They are so much different and way more fun than your typical green and brown western army man on steroids style competitive macho FPS games. They can be hard and frustrating too, don't let the pretty vibrant colors fool you into thinking they are easy kids games.

All the west cares about is impressive realistic graphics and money and games that favor the lower common denominator aggressive western male demographic asserting dominance on each other. Japan knows how to make actual fun classical VIDEO GAMES that you can enjoy offline by yourself.

Last edited:
Reactions: KittyninjaW and dogboy
Indeed 😊
It can help set the zone a bit

Ever since the last one had was Gameboy Advance and then N64 took over and then an Xbox 360 along with a lot of long gapping over time and missing out on much previous or future versions

Nintendo Switch really tied it all up in above portable device 🕹️🎮📺

I play Rocket League on my PC, and I use something called Bakkesmod to use all the items in the game to customize your car (your teammates/opponents won’t see it), and I made a preset called LittlespaceRL, which reflects my “little” side playing RL. The designs were inspired by an ABU and Rearz print.

Blue Team
IMG_0921.jpeg

Orange Team
IMG_0922.jpeg

Car/Body: Octane (Fennec, and Dominus can be used. In fact, all the bodies are usable)
Decal: Star Power
Paint: Sky Blue (or Cyan) for Blue Team, Pink for Orange Team)
Wheels: Cristiano (Sky Blue for blue, Pink for orange)
Topper: Bunny Ears (or none)
Antenna: None
Goal Explosion: Buffy-Sugo for Orange Team, Big Splash for Blue Team (search these ones please)
Engine Audio: Motor Buggy

patrick1776 said:
I am worried that the games for them are too childish and simple for an adult to really engage in and enjoy. I can thoroughly enjoy a coloring book or kids cartoon while in little space, but it can get boring after not too long and my adult mind takes over and I switch back to adult mode.

Sounds to me that there's two separate things here: 1. The medium through which you play, and 2. The game that you're playing.
There's lots of combinations that you can do here depending on how you feel about each part individually.

For example, if you want to play Nintendo games without buying a new console for it, you can just emulate it and then the medium is the same but you can play a child-ish game.
Or on the opposite side, if you're worried certain games would be too easy, the Switch has a giant library of games with lots of different options, and I'm sure something would work for you. Alternatively, you could get a handheld console like a Steam Deck, and then you'd have access to just about any PC game in a handheld medium. So different medium, but same games.

I'd really recommend looking into the games LittleAndAlone said though, as they're "child-ish", but also engaging for adults aswell.

patrick1776 said:
Is it possible to truly enjoy a handheld game system as an adult without getting board or wanting something more engaging and stimulating?
Personally, I find when I'm little, I don't like anything too complex because then it means I need to put more adult thought into it. If for you, you want more stimulating games though, then there's lots of options that can satisfy both sides.

My favorite games as a kid was stuff like Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Zelda, Metal Gear, Resident Evil, Star Ocean, etc.

Those are pretty heavy games, not to be scoffed at as childish. These are all my favorite games and genres today still.

As a kid playing these games I thought "kiddy" games were stuff like Mario Math or Elmo ABCs or something. The stuff I listed above are hardcore gamer staples for any age and are still considered some of the greatest games of all time.

Don't let stuff like Mario fool you either. They are super engrossing with tons of hidden things and complex advanced mechanics and secrets to find and challenges that will make even grown adults throw controllers when you start trying to 100% it. The cute stuff you see with kids playing the first intro world or two is barely scratching the surface. Super Mario Odyssey is AMAZING for both adult you and your inner child. Most Nintendo gems are like that. They keep your adult brain engaged but also make you feel warm and tingly like a kid again at the same time when you discover a new area. That's Nintendo magic.

I always pulled 100% as a kid but I was and am a devoted gamer. Doubt many kids today raised on ipad can beat Super Mario World let alone grasp everything needed to get all 96 stars. Battletoads and Ninja Gaiden and Contra were HARD. Ever heard the phrase "Nintendo hard" ? 🤣

As long as you're not buying like Sesame Street or Thomas the Train sort of games intentionally made for preschoolers, I think you'll be plenty engaged.

Start with Super Mario Odyssey and Metroid Dread and Metroid Prime Remaster. You'll be back for more. If you're into LOOOOONNG emotional stories and want something more advanced, the Xenoblade Chronicles trilogy will sunder your soul.

Last edited:
sorta... I've always enjoyed Nintendo Games so my tastes haven't changed with age

I have a switch and 3ds and game boy advance which I love playing in both adult mode and little space. A few games I play now are stuff I played as a child like harvest moon, animal crossing, Mario, pokemon and ace attorney. Some newer games I started in recent years are kid friendly like splatoon and rune factory. I still play games that are complex or geared towards older teen and adult audiences but only when I’m in adult mode.

LittleAndAlone said:
I have almost every game console since the NES. I've always preferred Japanese console games to western PC games. Action, adventure, beat em ups, JRPG.

Most of the games on Switch are amazing and you can't really replicate those kinds of games on a PC.

Super Mario Odyssey
Zelda
Metroid
Bravely Default
Octopath Traveler
Xenoblade Chronicles
Pokemon
Etc.

They are so much different and way more fun than your typical green and brown western army man on steroids style competitive macho FPS games. They can be hard and frustrating too, don't let the pretty vibrant colors fool you into thinking they are easy kids games.

All the west cares about is impressive realistic graphics and money and games that favor the lower common denominator aggressive western male demographic asserting dominance on each other. Japan knows how to make actual fun classical VIDEO GAMES that you can enjoy offline by yourself.
Aggreed. I think the west needs to get back to making fun games. At least indies are a thing.

patrick1776 said:
I'd argue the simplicity and cute nature of Nintendo games are why they're so popular. Hell look at how big Animal Crossing got, not counting the lockdown measures, and how how many people were having fun just playing with cutesy villagers and decorating. The Switch is great for ABs and non-ABs alike. If your issue is it being too simple then you might just want to reconsider Little activities as a whole, most of them are pretty simple and childish as they are effectively revolving around simple child activities.
PumpkinPrincess said:
Some newer games I started in recent years are kid friendly like splatoon and rune factory.
Splatoon is probably one of the best of the newer entries. You can be good or bad and you'll always have fun especially in Salmon Run. Thank god they made it permanent.

Reactions: PumpkinPrincess
Noodle said:
Splatoon is probably one of the best of the newer entries. You can be good or bad and you'll always have fun especially in Salmon Run. Thank god they made it permanent.
Yeah. I spend most my time playing salmon run on it and was so happy when they made it open 24/7.

Ni No Kuni and Ni No Kuni 2 are awesome to play on switch.

• Love
Reactions: LittleAndAlone
DiaperedJoey said:
Ni No Kuni and Ni No Kuni 2 are awesome to play on switch.

🎶

Over hills green as the springtime, chasing a lonely cloud, white as snow. Some day soon, I mean to catch it, hold tight, and up into the sky I'll go

🎶

Reactions: DiaperedJoey
PumpkinPrincess said:
Yeah. I spend most my time playing salmon run on it and was so happy when they made it open 24/7.
Yeah, definitely the best change they made. Looking forward to the DLC story. Hopefully its as good as the Octo Expansion.

Reactions: PumpkinPrincess
Back