NIGHTMARE Turning off Minecraft

DiaperedCherub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I started a subscription to Minecraft, called Minecraft Realms. It basically takes the world you built on your drvice (phone, Xbox, PC, ect) and puts it on their server. It's supposed to be a good thing as it allows you to free up memory on your device as your work is now stored elsewhere. It also allows you to increase the number of friends you can play with online from 5 to 10.
However, my problems started the moment I subscribed and migrated my game to their server. My Mincraft world began to lag, the lag got really bad, then glitch so that things would not work properly. It got bad enough that I needed to reload my world. It would NOT reload. I tried to erase it to start over, no go there either. It got to the place where I could not even edit my world at all, so I decided I'd had enough and went to cancel my subscription. What a surprise, couldn't do that either.
I tried to contact Mincraft (MoJang). No phone numbers at all. No e-mail responses either. So go to the next step, get ahold of Xbox. NOPE! they're owned by Microsoft. Call several support lines and was told they don't handle my type of problem.
I had to go to my bank and explain to them I was being charged for a subscription I can't get out of. They looked up my history, located the charges and provided me a phone number that was attached to the transactions. I call the number and low and behold it's friggin PAYPAL! I managed to FINALLY get ahold of a real person. I explained everything to them. They sympathize with my frustration but at least they had the power to halt the charges to my bank account. They even gave me an e-mail confirmation that it has been canceled.
What a frigging nightmare. Anyone else have such a problem with this?

• Thinking
Reactions: Cottontail and PadPhilosopher
These corporation don't care about the consumer. They got rid of consumer support. You can't call them if you do it's a script they follow and sometimes can't help you. It's very hard to do emails support they can miss interpret what you are telling them.
Then they send you a canned message they send every one.
They only want to take your money.
Roku just forced everyone to agree to arbitration or there TV wouldn't work. Because they don't want to be sued. So now if you are un happy then you must go through someone they hired to arbitrate with you.
Companies don't want to talk to you.
But hand it over your money.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and DiaperedCherub
DiaperedCherub said:
What a frigging nightmare. Anyone else have such a problem with this?
Gosh, for anything Microsoft, you should just be able to log in on http://accounts.microsoft.com with your Microsoft ID, click Subscriptions and Services, and cancel anything you want. Did you try that and not find it? If so, maybe you have multiple accounts? In my experience, although Microsoft loves to take your money, they're never particularly secretive or difficult about it. Everything's consolidated under your Microsoft account and has been for some time.

Back