New tykables diaper - plastic shell with positional printing

Ordered a 10 pack, but generally, I agree with the other comments - the art is always off. ABU dominates the market in design.

Reactions: TigerDL and DloverUK
Are they available or are they pre-order?

Kayleigh said:
Are they available or are they pre-order?
Pre-order. Shipping in July, according to the website.

PaddedBass said:
Do you plan on keeping some things at the lower capacity (like the little builders)?
Yes we do, and will expand the EveryDay Line of diapers as well.

avery said:
I have a lot of trouble believing that the majority of your customers actually want 7000 ml worth of absorbency. It just sounds like an excuse to raise your prices. You would make way more of your customers happy (and gain new customers) if you made your diapers more affordable.
I see your point, but let me ask this question. Have you ever known a diaper company to release a new thicker more absorbent diaper and not had that be their new best seller? Have you ever seen an ABDL company release a lower capacity diaper and have that be their new best seller?

Don't get me wrong, we will make more 5000ml EveryDay diaper prints but the thicker the better is the general rule of thumb currently in this market.

Reactions: WillFord384, BabyZinga, KooshyX and 4 others
Don't get me wrong. Tykables has been my go to for quite some time now. They fit me better then almost any diaper out there. I just wish they would change up there design more. This is why abu diapers are so popular. The gatorz and little kings are so new and different and absolutely adorable and these are literally just a different design of the same thing they always put out. Really hope tykables changes it up and does something new and improved. Would love to see more dino diapers from them or something with turtles or a kitty cat print would be awesome.

Reactions: TigerDL and odd1inSyde
ABU & Tykables have been rivals for years now. But they are just over-priced over-designed & dare I say ghastly looking products at times when all many want is a good value reliable white diaper!

Travis9800 said:
ABU & Tykables have been rivals for years now. But they are just over-priced over-designed & dare I say ghastly looking products at times when all many want is a good value reliable white diaper!
Our 7000ml line is cheaper per diaper than Northshore MegaMax while our 5000ml Little Builders is about the same or less than their comparable once you include their tax and shipping, just saying. While I am not saying people don't want an all white diaper, we have made them and so have and do many others that we work with. We know exactly how well all white diapers sell compared to printed diapers in our market. They can sell well, but not as well as printed diapers. Design is subjective so I can't say that your option is wrong, only that I and many others would disagree.

Diaperedlife13 said:
...these are literally just a different design of the same thing they always put out. Really hope tykables changes it up and does something new and improved. Would love to see more dino diapers from them or something with turtles or a kitty cat print would be awesome.
The Waddler is a product that people have been asking us to bring back for some time, so while you say that we brought out something that looks like what we have in the past... Yea that was the point, people literally asked us to do just that. We have the Little Rawrs dino diaper, do you want a second dino diaper from us?

Reactions: WillFord384, odd1inSyde, MostlyDL1 and 1 other person
todaler said:
I see your point, but let me ask this question. Have you ever known a diaper company to release a new thicker more absorbent diaper and not had that be their new best seller? Have you ever seen an ABDL company release a lower capacity diaper and have that be their new best seller?
I see your point, but I counter with...
Have you ever seen ANY new diaper be released and not be one of if not the new best seller? It isn't about it being more absorbent than what was out before. It's a best seller because it's new.

And from a business standpoint, diapers that are less absorbent make good sense. Less absorbent means they have to be changes more often for people that wear 24/7 or close to it. And for those that don't, a super mega 3 million ML diaper isn't really the best option all or even some of the time. Why would I want a diaper designed to be worn and used for 8+ hours, when I can only wear it for 2 at most?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying high compacity diapers are a bad thing and should stop being made. I'm just making the argument that there is a place in the market for lower too.

BabyCorry said:
I see your point, but I counter with...
Have you ever seen ANY new diaper be released and not be one of if not the new best seller? It isn't about it being more absorbent than what was out before. It's a best seller because it's new.

Lavender, Fun N' Sun', Bloomeez, Play Dayz, PreSchool, Catstronaut, skooldoodle, Rebel, Little Builders... I could actually name several more. What do they all have in common, all 5000ml or less. The prints themselves can also be subjective in that not everyone likes them but they are also all thinner diapers. When you hit over the 5000ml mark you have a much better chance of it being both new and a best seller.

BabyCorry said:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying high compacity diapers are a bad thing and should stop being made. I'm just making the argument that there is a place in the market for lower too.
You are correct, but that market is just smaller... much much smaller.

Reactions: WillFord384
todaler said:
Our 7000ml line is cheaper per diaper than Northshore MegaMax while our 5000ml Little Builders is about the same or less than their comparable once you include their tax and shipping, just saying. While I am not saying people don't want an all white diaper, we have made them and so have and do many others that we work with. We know exactly how well all white diapers sell compared to printed diapers in our market. They can sell well, but not as well as printed diapers. Design is subjective so I can't say that your option is wrong, only that I and many others would disagree.

The Waddler is a product that people have been asking us to bring back for some time, so while you say that we brought out something that looks like what we have in the past... Yea that was the point, people literally asked us to do just that. We have the Little Rawrs dino diaper, do you want a second dino diaper from us?
Absolutely! The little rawrs are always sold out. And frankly there can never be enough dino diapers. And go have a dino diaper with the positional print would be awesome. Don't get me wrong my comment wasn't a dig at you. Literally am a subscription holder for your diapers. And the last 2 shipments the one was all kodas and the next was half koda half galactic ( I was thankful for that. Haven't had galactic in awhile). I get another shipment today and am really really really hoping I get some little rawrs in it.

todaler said:
Lavender, Fun N' Sun', Bloomeez, Play Dayz, PreSchool, Catstronaut, skooldoodle, Rebel, Little Builders... I could actually name several more. What do they all have in common, all 5000ml or less. The prints themselves can also be subjective in that not everyone likes them but they are also all thinner diapers. When you hit over the 5000ml mark you have a much better chance of it being both new and a best seller.

You are correct, but that market is just smaller... much much smaller.
Just out of curiosity, what plans are there for the mid-grade diapers, the 6000ml ones? You mentioned the 7000 and 5000ml lines, but not the mid-grade. I only ask because that line (Little Rawrs, Puppers, etc) suits my needs perfectly and I hope they will continue to be available in some capacity going forward. They are all wonderful products as-is already 😁

Diaperedlife13 said:
Absolutely! The little rawrs are always sold out. And frankly there can never be enough dino diapers. And go have a dino diaper with the positional print would be awesome. Don't get me wrong my comment wasn't a dig at you. Literally am a subscription holder for your diapers. And the last 2 shipments the one was all kodas and the next was half koda half galactic ( I was thankful for that. Haven't had galactic in awhile). I get another shipment today and am really really really hoping I get some little rawrs in it.

We have been working on the Waddler for a while now which is why we went years from the last version, and it still isn't 100% what we wanted but it is a huge step in the direction of what we want. A fixed-printed Little Rawrs would be nice too as a refresh to that line, but I don't think we will keep two versions of the same print.

PaddedBrony said:
Just out of curiosity, what plans are there for the mid-grade diapers, the 6000ml ones? You mentioned the 7000 and 5000ml lines, but not the mid-grade. I only ask because that line (Little Rawrs, Puppers, etc) suits my needs perfectly and I hope they will continue to be available in some capacity going forward. They are all wonderful products as-is already 😁
Only time will tell. We have discussed leaving them at 6000, raising them to 7000, or even dropping them to 5000. Any change would probably have a refresh to the print so only time will tell and we still get feedback from people about that, which really determines what we do.

Reactions: billybobtombo
todaler said:
We have been working on the Waddler for a while now which is why we went years from the last version, and it still isn't 100% what we wanted but it is a huge step in the direction of what we want. A fixed-printed Little Rawrs would be nice too as a refresh to that line, but I don't think we will keep two versions of the same print.

Only time will tell. We have discussed leaving them at 6000, raising them to 7000, or even dropping them to 5000. Any change would probably have a refresh to the print so only time will tell and we still get feedback from people about that, which really determines what we do.
That’s good to know. I know for me personally, and I think for a lot of other folks, that range works really well as it sits. The 6000 range is my go-to all purpose diaper, thirsty enough to hold up overnight while still light and thin enough for daytime use and discretion. I’d hope at least a few stay at that range. I like the 7000 diapers, they’re great for little space and extended use, but sometimes it can feel a bit wasteful for my needs being I don’t wear and use all the time. Just my two cents though. 😁

Reactions: TigerDL and perlFerret
Since we have a company rep actively engaging in this thread, is there a technological reason why fixed printing couldn't be used on the front? Not meant as a dig at all, I know it's your first one with it, and it's still a cute design. I'm mainly just wondering if, in the future, we'll see full front and back fixed-printed diapers from Tykables, or if some work still needs to be done to get there.

Rakvirsza said:
Since we have a company rep actively engaging in this thread, is there a technological reason why fixed printing couldn't be used on the front? Not meant as a dig at all, I know it's your first one with it, and it's still a cute design. I'm mainly just wondering if, in the future, we'll see full front and back fixed-printed diapers from Tykables, or if some work still needs to be done to get there.
I mean technically the front is a fixed print and there is a spot for the printed landing zone. It is all one image, and then the landing zone is placed on it as normal. Maybe I am misunderstanding the question... We can have a printed front image rather than on the landing zone, but then you can't have multiple printed landing zones or several different ones in the same bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384 and Rakvirsza
todaler said:
I mean technically the front is a fixed print and there is a spot for the printed landing zone. It is all one image, and then the landing zone is placed on it as normal. Maybe I am misunderstanding the question... We can have a printed front image rather than on the landing zone, but then you can't have multiple printed landing zones or several different ones in the same bag.
Thanks for the response!

I guess what I was asking is mainly, the landing zone print cuts off part way down since it doesn't cover the whole front naturally, which isn't a big deal, but does bug me a little. A full front design with a clear landing zone (full example, the unicorns diapers have a transparent landing zone rather than a printed one) would give a bit more room to design the front. So I was just wondering if future diapers might see a full front fixed-printed design in addition to back design.

I see what you mean though about not being able to have multiple designs in the same bag if you didn't do the printed landing zone. That makes a lot of sense for why these diapers still use landing zone print instead of fixed-printing for the front. I still wouldn't mind seeing some with full front fixed-printing though in the future though.

Reactions: TigerDL
Rakvirsza said:
I still wouldn't mind seeing some with full front fixed-printing though in the future though.
I see what you are saying, but let me present this slightly differently. Pretend you are outside of your house looking inside through a window. If someone inside walks by the window you probably will not see the whole person. Think of the landing zone as a window. To print directly on the plastic limits a lot of what we can do actually, if you want more than one landing zone. I think the thing that bothers you visually is there is not a printed defined line at the bottom at the landing zones, would that be accurate?

You say that if we just printed directly on the diaper, rather than the landing zone, would give us more space... Not really in a design like this. The front does have a print that wraps around the landing zone and you can see that through the printed landing zone. With this being the first fixed printed diaper to mix multiple fixed-printed landing zones with fixed printed back sheets we opted to be more conservative on this one to see what the accuracy would be and would help us with future designs that are similar to this. If we did the printed background on the landing zone we would have had to make sure there was a defined edge which would have had to line up with something on the back sheet and fit into a window as well. The larger area that the image on the landing zone takes up the less margin of error we would have in production, which means more waste and higher cost of production. Will or could we do one with just a fixed print front and back without multiple printed landing zones, sure... but we wanted to offer more variety in the bag.

Our Waddler design was intended to focus on the top half of the character so we could show more details, larger, with cute facial expressions. Had we wanted to print this in the same way directly onto the plastic we would have only gotten one design and would have had to make them smaller than they are else their legs would just be 'there' in a weird place wrapping under the front of the diaper on most people. We opted to go with the character only on this landing zone as to simplify the design but did look at a few options that had a printed background on either the plastic of the landing zone or the plastic back sheet itself.

Reactions: WillFord384 and Rakvirsza
todaler said:
I see what you are saying, but let me present this slightly differently. Pretend you are outside of your house looking inside through a window. If someone inside walks by the window you probably will not see the whole person. Think of the landing zone as a window. To print directly on the plastic limits a lot of what we can do actually, if you want more than one landing zone. I think the thing that bothers you visually is there is not a printed defined line at the bottom at the landing zones, would that be accurate?

You say that if we just printed directly on the diaper, rather than the landing zone, would give us more space... Not really in a design like this. The front does have a print that wraps around the landing zone and you can see that through the printed landing zone. With this being the first fixed printed diaper to mix multiple fixed-printed landing zones with fixed printed back sheets we opted to be more conservative on this one to see what the accuracy would be and would help us with future designs that are similar to this. If we did the printed background on the landing zone we would have had to make sure there was a defined edge which would have had to line up with something on the back sheet and fit into a window as well. The larger area that the image on the landing zone takes up the less margin of error we would have in production, which means more waste and higher cost of production. Will or could we do one with just a fixed print front and back without multiple printed landing zones, sure... but we wanted to offer more variety in the bag.

Our Waddler design was intended to focus on the top half of the character so we could show more details, larger, with cute facial expressions. Had we wanted to print this in the same way directly onto the plastic we would have only gotten one design and would have had to make them smaller than they are else their legs would just be 'there' in a weird place wrapping under the front of the diaper on most people. We opted to go with the character only on this landing zone as to simplify the design but did look at a few options that had a printed background on either the plastic of the landing zone or the plastic back sheet itself.
Thanks for the information! That makes sense.

PaddedInHaslet said:
Man I just want a good, all white plastic backed diaper with hook and loops tabs. That’s all I want.
How about the incontrol elite?

It's thread-jacking, but since Tykables is reading and responding to this thread I wanted to say it's a shame to see the cheapening of the clothing line. Yes, the new clothes look nice, and I'm glad to see the stock coming back. But the substitution of snaps for velcro is exceptionally dissapointing. I'm hoping it's a supply chain issue, not a financial decision.

Back