New tykables diaper - plastic shell with positional printing

pampers4U

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Wow - tykables also just released a new 7,000ml positional printed diaper, more anime’ish for my liking but wow!! That was fast and there will probably be a lot of excited people after this

Attachments

• 5CB7769A-31F2-4B51-8048-8B9F492EE9C1.jpeg
    5CB7769A-31F2-4B51-8048-8B9F492EE9C1.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 350
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: littledreamers333, Prillprillprill, RuffRuff and 9 others
I personally wish they weren’t plastic backed 😭😭 Kinda takes away the super babyish feel of positional printing to me but I bet they’re still great!

Reactions: bigtoddler96, abdilly, Diaperluver10 and 3 others
Man I just want a good, all white plastic backed diaper with hook and loops tabs. That’s all I want.

Reactions: Travis9800 and tails1234
Why stop at white? I'd love good plastic backed hybrid diapers in multiple plain colors.

Reactions: Furrytum, Jk95 and TigerDL
Looks super cool, but the price!

Reactions: DLScottsman, Deleted member 57387 and lilbabyjooce
Tykables should focus on getting their stock levels back up. Probably dealing with supply chain issues like a lot of people.

PaddedInHaslet said:
Man I just want a good, all white plastic backed diaper with hook and loops tabs. That’s all I want.
XP 5000?

Any one in manudacturing with any types of plastics is having a problem. There is a resin shortage going on that is affecting all markets. I place my pending order for a full case. I have found both from rearz and tykables that placeimg a larger order is a way to drive down costs.

Reactions: TigerDL
tails1234 said:
I’m talking all white. No markings. The Incontrol Elite Hybrids are close. But just give me an all white Tykables overnight.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BLtheDL and tails1234
Anyone else notice that they used the phrasing "fixed printing" instead of "positional printing"? Are they just doing that to differentiate themselves from ABU, or is that the more correct/common term?

I also wonder if they're using the same machines as ABU or if they separately came up with this/have another manufacturer that now has the technology.

pampers4U said:
Wow - tykables also just released a new 7,000ml positional printed diaper, more anime’ish for my liking but wow!! That was fast and there will probably be a lot of excited people after this
OMG so want some of these

Nice to see it's not just ABU that has that technology now. I noticed this earlier, thought it was positional printing, then looked more and thought it was just all around + landing zone, but I didn't notice the back. Happy to see my first thought was correct though. The more positional printed diapers we get, the better.

I'm not sure if I like these quite as well as Little Kings and AlphagatorZ, but they're still very cute. I'm with @lilbabyjooce that I would have preferred cloth backed to be closer to actual modern baby diapers. Still, I think these are the first positional printed plastic backed adult diaper, so happy to see that for those those that'd prefer it.

Reactions: lilbabyjooce and TigerDL
Those of us who prefer plastic backed want positional printing too!

Reactions: Prillprillprill and PlastiBrain
I’m glad they’re releasing this in plastic back. I think I still have a few bags of the original waddler diaper. At $4 a pop, dang! But, ABU right now is $3.99 a diaper since they’re only selling them by the package, no case pricing. I’ll give them a try!

Reactions: Prillprillprill
It's always exciting to see a new diaper. I may give them a try eventually but I will never be able to wear them all the time. Tykables and ABU have just become too expensive. I can get nearly the same performance out of a dry 24/7, with better leak protection, for less than half the cost.

Reactions: Honeywell6180
TigerDL said:
Anyone else notice that they used the phrasing "fixed printing" instead of "positional printing"? Are they just doing that to differentiate themselves from ABU, or is that the more correct/common term?

I also wonder if they're using the same machines as ABU or if they separately came up with this/have another manufacturer that now has the technology.
We have always called it fixed-printing. The original Waddler from 2014 was supposed to be a fixed-printed diaper. Fixed and Positional mean the same thing in this context, one just sounds like a bigger and more complex word. It is the same as saying "We are a car company" and "We are an automobile company." We do not use the same manufacture for our fixed print as they do for theirs.

Reactions: BabyZinga, WillFord384, Blue2006 and 2 others
askmelater47 said:
It's always exciting to see a new diaper. I may give them a try eventually but I will never be able to wear them all the time. Tykables and ABU have just become too expensive. I can get nearly the same performance out of a dry 24/7, with better leak protection, for less than half the cost.
This has also been my experience. Bambino has also had the same reliability. I do, however, like the packaging and appearance of the Tykables products, and they work well even if t hey are a bit pricey. Inflation has become a big problem, and this is very unfortunate for those who have the need for these products.

lilbabyjooce said:
I personally wish they weren’t plastic backed 😭😭 Kinda takes away the super babyish feel of positional printing to me but I bet they’re still great!
Eh, it’s a generational thing. I wanted plastic back diapers when I was denied them. I’m in my late 30’s and you’re in your 20’s I think. Babyish still feels plastic backed to me, and I could take or leave HnL vs adhesive.

I’m sure there’s a marketing calculation to all this. The adults with disposable income and these preferences are reaching a critical mass to support these designs.

Reactions: PlastiBrain
pampers4U said:
, more anime’ish for my liking
Yeah, I’m not down with the squee-face on the red character. Other than that, it seems okay.

Reactions: TigerDL
Back