New Password Policy

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
When choosing a password for your ADISC account, the following requirements must be met:
- Length must be at least 12 characters
- Complexity must be adequate
- Password must not be compromised (there are databases of commonly used passwords on the internet, if your password is in them, its considered compromised)

If you're logging in, and the system detects you are using a compromised password, you'll get a notification asking you to change your password.

I also want to take this opportunity to remind everyone that password managers, like LastPass and Bitwarden, exist, and frankly, you should probably be using them. If you're struggling to remember/manage all your passwords, if you're resorting to easy passwords so you can remember them, or if it just takes you time to remember/type passwords, then please consider using one of these password manager tools. They will not only keep track of all your passwords for you, but they can also fill them in for you when logging in, saving you from having to manually type them every time.
No, these companies aren't sponsoring us or anything, but I have personally used them and found them extremely helpful. So now I recommend them to other people.
Of the two, LastPass is easier to use and free for desktop or mobile use, but not both, whereas Bitwarden is slightly harder to use but free for both desktop and mobile.

Last edited:
Reactions: babygirlnikki0, Haveagr8life, Deleted member 56273 and 9 others
Back