New MegaMax Air Diapers

Diaperman95 said:
Landing zone on the plastic back is the best....I always like the fit of a 6 tape diaper.
It's strange that I agree that a landing zone on plastic backed works the best. Allows greater adjustability and security...but I really don't like them. I find the plastic used in them to be hard, uncomfortable, and unsightly. If they blended in with the products better I would be much happier. That said, I prefer them over plastic backs that don't use them. They are much nicer than "double tapes" such as on the Supremes. I really wished there was something better than the Blue base layer tape used on dual tapes.

And I agree, a six tape product fits so much nicer. I've always found that two tapes per side seems to be a little off. Either they're spaced too far apart from each other and leave a massive hole/leak point between them, or they're so close together they might as well be a single tape leaving the lower area loose and prone to leakage. But, I'm sure there are reasons that the new industry standard is two tapes per side now (unfortunately it's probably just because they're cheaper to manufacture).

Reactions: GatoChihuahua, Billybatts and Diaperman95
Llayden said:
It's strange that I agree that a landing zone on plastic backed works the best. Allows greater adjustability and security...but I really don't like them. I find the plastic used in them to be hard, uncomfortable, and unsightly. If they blended in with the products better I would be much happier. That said, I prefer them over plastic backs that don't use them. They are much nicer than "double tapes" such as on the Supremes. I really wished there was something better than the Blue base layer tape used on dual tapes.

And I agree, a six tape product fits so much nicer. I've always found that two tapes per side seems to be a little off. Either they're spaced too far apart from each other and leave a massive hole/leak point between them, or they're so close together they might as well be a single tape leaving the lower area loose and prone to leakage. But, I'm sure there are reasons that the new industry standard is two tapes per side now (unfortunately it's probably just because they're cheaper to manufacture).
I would imagine cost has a lot to do with the decisions on these diaper manufacturers make. I like the reliability of the plastic Mega Max but these are softer and quieter and less likely to be noticed. I can see a use for both if they van get the tapes figured out.

Will Mega Max or ABU fix thier cloth backed tape issues? who will come out on top? who will be first?....Find out next week on Dragon Ball Z

Reactions: Diaperman95 and NorthShoreAdam
I just got a sample of these with my latest order from Northshore. Bummed I got a size smaller than usual (I'm a small, got sent an extra small) but hey can't complain about free diapees! I can still wear em, they just don't fit comfortably as they are legitimately too small to reach up to my waist. That's not really anything against the diaper though, that's just from getting the wrong size.
I have my first one on right now and they are super comfy (despite the fit) and very breathable. It's a humid day in New England and I had just showered so it was nice to put em on and not feel all sticky lol. We'll see how they hold up!

Reactions: Billybatts, NorthShoreAdam and GatoChihuahua
lilbabyjooce said:
I just got a sample of these with my latest order from Northshore. Bummed I got a size smaller than usual (I'm a small, got sent an extra small) but hey can't complain about free diapees! I can still wear em, they just don't fit comfortably as they are legitimately too small to reach up to my waist. That's not really anything against the diaper though, that's just from getting the wrong size.
I have my first one on right now and they are super comfy (despite the fit) and very breathable. It's a humid day in New England and I had just showered so it was nice to put em on and not feel all sticky lol. We'll see how they hold up!
Sooo...I'm in love with em!!
They handled three whole wettings (before the straps broke, my butt was just too big for the XS 😅😂) and were comfortable all day, even when I had to walk home in the humid weather. The straps only broke after I kept readjusting em, and as I used it obviously the diapee weighed down a bit which must've put more tension on the straps. Again that's just from it not being the right size and can't imagine this being an issue with proper sizing.
I can say if you readjust your straps often the verrryyy thin top layer of the exterior fabric can disconnect a lil, but I find that to be a trend in cloth backed in general. I'm not sure if they would've held more than three wettings regardless of the straps breaking, but that's still really impressive imo--especially compared to the TENAs I normally get for this kinda use. Ofc there's a big difference between Northshore and TENAs just in general.
I think for the comfort, fit (even as one size too small) and absorption level, the price point for a diaper like this is reasonable. I did see some complaints about odor control but I had no issue. Drinking a lot of water helps with that issue (just means more diapee changes lol).
Also as an addition I had gotten wipes and disposal bags. I was worried about the new bags especially seeing reviews about the powder smell being overpowering. I am super sensitive to smell but I've never been disappointed with Northshore so I still wanted to try anyways, plus the combination of no diaper genie + plastic bag ban + OCD involving cleanliness has had me going through a lot of energy with finding effective disposal removal so I was a lil desperate anyways 😅🙈 Even with my sensory issues the smell wasn't too bad! Definitely more strong than the old Heaven Scent bags but I didn't find the smell wafting around as others had experienced.
All in all I'm happy with northshore again! 😋💕

Reactions: Littlerobbydubbs, WillFord384, NorthShoreAdam and 1 other person
Quick review : So far so good! they hold up for a bout 12hrs and the leak guards are 11/10! honestly i had no trouble with tapes falling off just some slight understandable sagging issues

Reactions: Littlerobbydubbs
MASONJAR said:
i had no trouble with tapes falling off just some slight understandable sagging issues
Me too. I dont think I will ever get as much use out of them as the standard Mega max because they do sag after wet and I don't like that feeling. But I can use them for 5 or 6 hours or so before they stretch enough I bothers me. I can re adjust them if they sag before then but I do not see them being as good as the standard Mega Max and that's fine because I do not always need that long of use out of them and they are slimmer and cooler. They hold up better than most clothback I have tried. Maybe I will get a onesie or something to support them.

Reactions: MASONJAR
I honestly think they don't sag as much as other cloth backed diapers, but I can't stand how the tapes pull the little fibers on the shell like every other cloth backed diaper. If I have to readjust the tapes, they don't hold up as well.

Reactions: Billybatts, MASONJAR and lilbabyjooce
Yooo said:
I honestly think they don't sag as much as other cloth backed diapers, but I can't stand how the tapes pull the little fibers on the shell like every other cloth backed diaper. If I have to readjust the tapes, they don't hold up as well.
I agree. I am going to keep a bag or 2 around but I am going to only use them when I want a cooler more discrete diaper. Other wise I will stick to my PB MM. Adam said something about possible changing the tapes on the next run and that they are looking for feedback on what people think and changes they want. I could of miss understood this but I think that's what he said. I personally would be happy if they put the same landing strip and tapes from the PB MM on the. That or a bit wider tapes and maybe add 2 more tapes making them 6 wide tapes that shod

Reactions: Yooo and MASONJAR
whelp of course it passed with flying colors all weekend and leaked at work :(
12 hrs of soda water and beer and it didnt leak....oh but 6 hours of only water and it leaks, hoping it was just a bad diaper in the batch not fretting yet.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: Yooo and Billybatts
Back