New lil monsters any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to hear your tapes are fine. I probably won't order again. Too expensive compared to other options.

Idk what this whole smell is about but mine are non Scented :eek: wonder if i am missing out or not

not sure i havnt tried them yet but now that i see it has good positive review i may def check into them now, I just hope they will actually fit and not have an odd or bad fit design to them like being way too wide

bambinod said:
Well my lil monsters came in today so I have some first impressions to give.

...feels like it was based off the Inspire. Shell's the same, but the tape panel is thicker. folded size and shape is identical to inspire.

Ta for this, very helpful info!

bambinod said:
- tape placement suffers from the same problem as the PeekABU... the upper tapes are down very far, close to the lower tapes (why you do this?!) so the fit is off. As with the peekabu I've tried to compensate by attaching the upper tapes higher and it fits a little better but it's not ideal. It's like I need to add a tape above the top one.

Damn that’s a real turn off, have you checked how different the tape placement is against the Inspire (or could you put up a photo?)
bambinod said:
- standing leak guards have only one elastic band in them instead of the two (with the fold-over) we see in most premiums nowadays,
- waistband elastic (front and back) is a little weak

Sounds cheapened out sadly.

bambinod said:
- the perfume on these diapers is unusual... Ive seen comments they didn't notice it (when dry?) but mine seem to be very pungent. I put this diaper on hours ago and its still somehow dry, and the perfume is still very strong. this is another aspect of them not being discrete for me.

Is it a baby style perfume or like walking into a department store?

bambinod said:
Maybe we need to establish a scoring system for diapers....

AB look: 10
tape reliablity: 10
tape placement: 4
waist elastic: 7
crinkle: 8
inner softness: 10
outer feel: 6
wing art: 8
leak guards: 7
fit: 7
leg elastic: 10
shell durability: 9

I'll find out more about capacity tonight I suppose ;)

Sounds a great idea and keen to hear how they actually work.

Argent said:
Ta for this, very helpful info!

Damn that’s a real turn off, have you checked how different the tape placement is against the Inspire (or could you put up a photo?)

Sounds cheapened out sadly.

Is it a baby style perfume or like walking into a department store?

Sounds a great idea and keen to hear how they actually work.

OK I've had some time to take a closer look and reflect. The elastic is NOT over the padding, not sure where I got that in my head (maybe the padding shifted inside the shell? I don't think so?) These are a reskin of the Little Squirts / Vintage. Same size, shape, weight, tape panel, tapes, shell texture, and padding feel. (though slightly more similar to the vintage, which had four tapes rather than the little squirts that had only two wide tapes)

The top of the top tape is 3" down from the top of the shell. I looked back at the medium peekabu I got and those are also 3" from the top. Compare that to say, Safari, which is 1" from the top. Two inches makes a big difference in fit. (this affects the PeekABU more because its shell is also two inches shorter in length than their typical Large)

Perfumes can be hard to describe if they don't smell like something familiar, and that's the case with these. I don't know what I'd call it. It's not medical/sterile like some diapers, and it's not like a cosmetics or cologne smell either. I've never smelled anything quite like it before.

Looking back on the Vintage, I think I slightly prefer them for their babyish look. They take a very different approach to it though... the Vintage aimed to look more like an infant pattern, very lightweight and calming, quiet, very little color, etc. The lil monsters look to be aiming more for the toddler look, with active, colorful, vibrant, with their colors and art. But I think both of them really nail the "real diapers like I remember" look. I could totally see a tyke stomping around in the park wearing a diaper that looks just like these Lil Monsters.

I see Rearz has training pants with the Lil Monsters characters on it, but what would really go well with these diapers is a white t-shirt with just a few LARGE monsters on it. (not a bunch of them like is on the diaper) Maybe one big monster in the middle flanked in the distance by 3-4 much smaller ones off to the side or in the corner. (and same on the back) If I wanted to play the AB tromping around in the park, that's the shirt I'd want to wear with these diapers, that would really complete the look.

tried another lil monsters. Still having issues with the tapes. they started to peel off the back of the diaper. They are definitely not the same tapes as the rebel. really sucks because the print is awesome. i emailed rearz, and will be emailing cooshietooshiez, where I purchased them from. They definitely need to fix this for the next run.

One other thing I'll point out about the Lil Monsters... they're very crinkly. This applies equally to the Vintage and Little Squirts also, they all use the same stiff shell and lightweight padding, which gives them an incredibly obvious crinkle when you walk across the room. Not something you can be discrete with.

The shell is the same as is on a lot of other Rearz products, but the padding on them is different on some and that affects the sound. Safari are fairly quiet, but the inspire and spoiled are very similar to the monsters.

I too hate the tapes on these, I've worn 2 so far and each time the tapes have either come unstuck or nearly snapped off the nappy itself!!

It's such a shame as they look and sound great, but for the premium price, these are not a premium nappy!!

Rearz needs to have a loud word with the manufactures as these will tarnish their good name.

I'm definitely not going to be purchasing any more until they sort out the tape issue!!

Hi Everyone,

I´ll be traveling to Canada in some 10 days and I would like to buy some Rearz Lil Monsters while I am in there. However, I would like to get your feedback on them before deciding if I should give them a try or not. I consider myself a DL with a bit of an AB side, just starting to discover little by little my adult baby side... Anyway, I do like the baby themed diapers and I already have tryed Rearz Spoiled and Rearz Safaris. I did loved the Safaris so much! In my opinion they are the best ABDL diaper on the market, even better then the ABU Space ones... Anyways, I also suffer from an overactive bladder and sometimes (quite often in fact) wet the bed at night... This is just an introduction to say I need verry protective and thick diapers for nightime use and that I also love if they feel and look as those for babies...

The features that I love the most in any ABDL diapers are: 1 - thickness: the thicker the better. 2 - wide in the crotch area: I love the feel of a wider diaper in between my legs, but also for practical reasons as this usually helps avoid diaper leaks in that area. 3 - smoothness, in both plastic exterior as well as on the inside... So with these features in minde, could the ones of you who have already tryied out the Rearz Lil Monster indicate if they arerealy thisk diapers, wide enough in the crotch area, and smoth to the thouch of your skin? Reading your comments I can easily tell that the Rearz Lil Monsters are not in pair with the Safaris or the ABU Space in therms of thickness, however, that´s not of a big problem since in that case you can perfectly add an insert to make them more thick. But how about the area in between the legs, is it wide enough as the Safaris? Any other comments or suggestions are more than welcome. Thank you!

Isidro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back