New Job

BabyHailey1977

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I’m so excited about my new job. I start next week and this will be my first office job. That being said, I’m trying to figure out if I want to tell HR about my incontinence or if I should keep it private.

Until I start, I’m not going to be able to figure out the logistics for changing. But I’m not looking forward to taking a backpack into the bathroom at a new job.

Does anyone have any pointers?

• Thinking
Reactions: ChristianDiaperLover, PearlandDL, Angelapinks and 3 others
If it's the sort of thing where trips to the bathroom can easily be made on a need basis, then I'd vote for keeping it private. HR probably doesn't care unless they need to work with your manager to put in place special accommodations.

Reactions: PearlandDL, Lostdiapersboy, FatalGeometry and 5 others
Cottontail said:
If it's the sort of thing where trips to the bathroom can easily be made on a need basis, then I'd vote for keeping it private. HR probably doesn't care unless they need to work with your manager to put in place special accommodations.
I was thinking the same thing. The bathroom is really close, and shouldn’t be a problem.plus back to working 8 hours, I can make that with the right diaper.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Angelapinks, Lostdiapersboy, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
If this was me, I'd ensure HR was at least aware, just in case. The last thing you want (or need) is someone making a scene out of what kind of underwear you need. In a perfect world, this would NEVER be an issue. Sadly, >ESPECIALLY TODAY< nothing in the US is "perfect". If you make them aware of this going in, you have nothing to hide and far less to worry about. How can you properly focus on your job if you're too worried about someone "discovering" your secret.

I owned my own business (until I had to sell due to no longer being physically reliable) for years and honestly, I'd rather know of any issues. By knowing, I could snip the rumor mill in the bud before it becomes an issue. I had one guy who tried hiding the fact that he was a total alcoholic who would do nothing but drink on his lunch break (he was fired after 3 days after being sent home and warned that a 2nd incident would result in his termination) which was a shame as he really knew what he was doing. I had a female (rare in the automotive world) who'd need 15 minutes here and there to get her kid from school to her mother's and so long as I knew that, I could have her road test a vehicle while she did this which still kept her productive. Like I said, if I know in advance, there are ways to work around most issues. The problem starts when I don't know.

CptKirk

Reactions: depta99, PearlandDL, Seasonedcitizen and 7 others
they dont need to know anything, also if you have a diaper on, you wouldnt need lots of trips to the bathroom, mabye you can run to your car or if your a girl just bring your purse

Reactions: BabyHailey1977
Dry247 said:
they dont need to know anything, also if you have a diaper on, you wouldnt need lots of trips to the bathroom, mabye you can run to your car or if your a girl just bring your purse
I’m trans only in mind not presentation. I’ll have to see how it plays out when I start. Should be able to change at lunch though.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Angelapinks, BBBen and 2 others
BabyHailey1977 said:
I was thinking the same thing. The bathroom is really close, and shouldn’t be a problem.plus back to working 8 hours, I can make that with the right diaper.
my diaper , a megamax or bedry can last 8 hours no problem, hopefully you can change if needed without anyone knowing

Reactions: PearlandDL and BabyHailey1977
i just wear dark colored clothes just in case i have a leak, and just bring a backpack with me wherever i go, if i worked in a office i would bring it to my desk, why not

BabyHailey1977 said:
I’m so excited about my new job. I start next week and this will be my first office job. That being said, I’m trying to figure out if I want to tell HR about my incontinence or if I should keep it private.

Until I start, I’m not going to be able to figure out the logistics for changing. But I’m not looking forward to taking a backpack into the bathroom at a new job.

When u do Drug screen let them know so they can tell your work for you. So it's listed so they know so they can't Held accountable for you for Incontinent they will work with u

When I worked for our public schools, the school I was in had private, single toilet bathrooms for all the faculty and staff so anyone wearing diapers would be safe from exposure. I wonder if your workplace has a single bathroom with a lock?

good luck with your new job! generally speaking in my experience you don't have to tell an employer of a medical problem unless you feel it will interfere with your performance, or, if you need accommodations. if you feel you would need some kind of accommodation, it's definitely worth bringing up but if you think you can manage it on your own and won't need things like extra/longer breaks, etc. then it's okay to keep that to yourself. in the future if you think it will become a problem you can always tell them that there was a change in your health or something that lead to you needing the accommodations now as opposed to before

dogboy said:
When I worked for our public schools, the school I was in had private, single toilet bathrooms for all the faculty and staff so anyone wearing diapers would be safe from exposure. I wonder if your workplace has a single bathroom with a lock?
That’s one of the questions I’ll ask during orientation.

dogboy said:
This is basically the point I was going to bring up, while it may be awkward telling HR it's not likely to effect your work in an office and if the site has a disabled use bathroom (usually larger single person toilet) they may be willing to let you use that, if it is locked normally then telling HR might get you a key, if you are IC and can provide medical proof if they ask. No one else needs to know why you have access to it, it could simply be mobility issues.

Reactions: PearlandDL, dogboy and DreamerBenenedicte
Hope you will enjoy your new job 👍

Maybe you can wait until lunch with the same protection (use the bathroom in between if you have some control left). And change at lunch while there is less people around?
That's what I do and didn't felt the need to advise HR.

In my office bathrooms are one floor above so it's not making things easier. In exchange, there is 4 separate fully closed stalls. So I feel confident to replace my protections. Only downside is the very small trash bins inside (fixed to the wall). One is labeled as handicapped but still without trash big enough for my needs. I can dispose pads but rolled pull ups prevents the lid to close completely... So when I hear no-one, I use the bigger one outside. Also the trash are emptied only at the end of the day so I better dispose of it discreetly. Thankfully I didn't heard anything about "diapers " around the office.

Reactions: PearlandDL
Cottontail said:
Agree with that one corporate are far from understanding or work colleagues keep private as much as you can

BabyHailey1977 said:
But I’m not looking forward to taking a backpack into the bathroom at a new job….
It won’t look suspicious if you take your bag with you during lunch.

LePew said:
It won’t look suspicious if you take your bag with you during lunch.
That’s what I’m hoping

I would not tell anyone unless you feel that your trips to the restroom are more than usual. And the most important person to potentially communicate with would be your boss. No need to have it documented on their personnel system unless there is a reason.

Reactions: Subtlerustle, BobbiSueEllen, BBBen and 1 other person
BabyHailey1977 said:

A computer bag might be a good option, depending on your situation. Also, I have a small "can cooler" I bring my lunch to work in, and it's got a subtle area in the top that fits a diaper. And the pouch on the front holds travel bottles of powder etc. If anyone were to get nosey about it I'd probably just tell them it's "medical". They'd probably figure blood sugar / insulin. All the restrooms here on campus have those red "sharps" boxes in them, and they almost always have used needles in them, so I assume there's at least a fair amount of diabetics running around.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and BabyHailey1977
I find this pretty ironic. There are so many topics and posts on this website about people wanting to wear diapers to work, but not having an excuse. And the advice that always goes around is to just tell the boss/HR that you're incontinent, even if you're not. Here you are with actual incontinence, and you don't want to let your employer know. You do you. Like I said... it's just ironic.

• Love
Reactions: LittleTyke, BabyHailey1977, CptKirk and 1 other person
Back