Tallpines

Crinklebutt
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
After YEARS of being on the fence, I finally bought a cloth diaper!! The Pokémon theme was more than I could handle. Was a bit overwhelmed trying to put it one after 15 years of disposables, but once I got it I was sold. Have not tested it yet, but the comfort and feel is out of the world. I purchased a 3 count of XL inserts and they are so soft. I may be disappointed in functionality, but will be a mainstay for super thick at home relaxing. I’ll update once I wake up tomorrow. I went with the LFB “I choose you” shell and a high rated insert set from Amazon (forget the brand)

Attachments

• IMG_9438.jpeg
    IMG_9438.jpeg
    63.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9439.jpeg
    IMG_9439.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: Cottontail, Floodingpants, Edgewater and 1 other person
Tallpines said:
I may be disappointed in functionality,
Bear in mind it takes a few wash dry cycles for the boosters to come up to full absorbency.
Remember to wash with detergent only, no fabric softener.

Reactions: Cottontail, Edgewater, Tallpines and 2 others
HappyNappin said:
Bear in mind it takes a few wash dry cycles for the boosters to come up to full absorbency.
Remember to wash with detergent only, no fabric softener.
Thanks for the tip! I was a little surprised with how little they held. I have them in the wash now. Hopefully they get a bit better.

Reactions: Cottontail and Edgewater
I wear cloth, pre-folded, daytime weight diapers and simply add an additional diaper if I am going to be out and about longer than normal.

I wear a PUL /Plastic pant.

It is easy to over-thing this beyond a diaper and diaper cover. Remember that when a change is required while out and about, keeping it simple helps!!

Reactions: Lyric and Cottontail
I should probably get a couple of these wraps before a certain company's attorneys send a "cease and desist" letter to LFB, ha ha.

Tallpines said:
Thanks for the tip! I was a little surprised with how little they held. I have them in the wash now. Hopefully they get a bit better.
I've been using the Rearz wraps for about a year and a half now, and they look very similar in construction. For the inserts, I've been using the XS/Youth prefolds from Rearz. If you're using these wraps on the maximum rise setting, you could probably get away with a Small adult prefold also, once it's been fully washed/prepped. In any case, a prefold is going to give you more absorbency than a simple insert pad. It'll be wider, thicker, and probably longer too. As said above, you generally need to wash cloth diapers a few times before they'll really absorb. New, they'll have natural oils or other chemicals on them that prevent absorption. For cotton prefolds, I usually wash them 4-5 times before use. Yes, it really matters!

FWIW, here's a picture of one of my wraps with a XS prefold in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater
Back