Diaperbum

🍼🍼🍼
Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Dang, Tykables is kicking butt so much right now ABU straight up copied them. Design, build, and all!

Aburawrz? Come on....

They're completely different diapers

Name the differences.

just received an email from ABUniverse with their new upcoming line. I am excaited to try the DinoRawrZ!

In what ways did ABU cope Tykables?

That and the bunny hops will come in both single and two tape configuration with the second batch

Remember, both Tykables and Abu announced their new diapers the same week or so. I don't think there was actual copying involved.

I guess all these companies realized "there's a big vacancy in dinosaur printed diapers" all at the same time

Not being sarcastic, I think it's pretty possible. It takes a long time to make a new diaper. With design, manufacturing, shipping out, etc

I don't think there are any copies ... just a lot of dino prints coming into the market.

Yeah, I wouldn't say either were a copy of each other... both companies (and rearz too i guess) have followed the community well and heard requests for a dino design and acted on it. Tkyables got their supply chain worked out faster/earlier, but both were announced at the same time. They all (abdl companies) probably use some of the same manufacturers, so some aspects in the design end up being the same. However, looking at the DinoRawrz photos, I think they are a little different of a build/design than the tykables rawrz. After using both the rearz barnyard and tykables rawrz, however, I find they are nearly identical, apart from the artwork and tape placement. Again, they probably had the same manufacturer for both diapers and they changed a couple of the dimensions to fit their idea of a good fitting diaper or whatnot, and obviously the change in artwork... ABU may still be using the same, but could maybe a different manufacturer as they look slightly different with the tapes and inside from the pictures... I think I like the color scheme and art on the ABU better though...

I believe actual baby diapers have done things similar in the past. I swear the design ABU's SDK emulate was actually pampers and luvs at one point (very close but not exact) though i believe they are made by the same company so....

Diaperbum said:
Name the differences.

Name The similarities OTHER than they both are diapers, and both have Dinosaurs.

They have similarities, but that is 100% legal for both sides unless its literally a straight up copy or one of them has a Copyright on the name.

tomviper000 said:
Yeah, I wouldn't say either were a copy of each other... both companies (and rearz too i guess) have followed the community well and heard requests for a dino design and acted on it. Tkyables got their supply chain worked out faster/earlier, but both were announced at the same time. They all (abdl companies) probably use some of the same manufacturers, so some aspects in the design end up being the same. However, looking at the DinoRawrz photos, I think they are a little different of a build/design than the tykables rawrz. After using both the rearz barnyard and tykables rawrz, however, I find they are nearly identical, apart from the artwork and tape placement. Again, they probably had the same manufacturer for both diapers and they changed a couple of the dimensions to fit their idea of a good fitting diaper or whatnot, and obviously the change in artwork... ABU may still be using the same, but could maybe a different manufacturer as they look slightly different with the tapes and inside from the pictures... I think I like the color scheme and art on the ABU better though...

are the tykables little rawrz as soft and poofy as the rearz barnyards?

Yes, they have the same dimpled soft interior!

tomviper000 said:
Yes, they have the same dimpled soft interior!
hmm okay, thats good to know.
The pack of Tykables overnites I have from July have a dimpled material and are a bit stiffer than the Rearz barnyards I have from July which have a perforated lining and are the softest I have worn. May need to try the Tykables little rawrs if they are that similar to the Rearz barnyards, because i love the barnyards!

DOT said:
hmm okay, thats good to know.
The pack of Tykables overnites I have from July have a dimpled material and are a bit stiffer than the Rearz barnyards I have from July which have a perforated lining and are the softest I have worn. May need to try the Tykables little rawrs if they are that similar to the Rearz barnyards, because i love the barnyards!
Yeah, I guess perforated is a better word for the interior, rather than dimpled... but yeah, they are the same as the barnyard.

Aside from the dust-up over the dino theme, there are some good features incorporated into this diaper. I like the idea of giving you a choice between 2 and 4 tapes. They have ABU's new thin super absorbent core first introduced in the peekABU diaper. The color scheme is very baby-like. They have elastic in the front and back. These diapers incorporate all of the new developments in diaper technology and I am on board with that.

I can assure you we have not copied anyone. We've been in the process of designing a dinosaur themed diaper for a long time. We filed a trademark for the name 'DinoRawrZ' back in 2016, which is public information.

Designing and producing a quality diaper takes time. That's not to say a company *couldn't* rush one to market, these things do happen, but that's not how we at ABU operate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxroxsox
I just look at it like this. We have been wanting a dinosaur themed diaper for a while. And now we have 3 different ones to choose from. And two of the types have multiple designs. With that kind of variety, what is there to complain about?

Lonelydl said:
I just look at it like this. We have been wanting a dinosaur themed diaper for a while. And now we have 3 different ones to choose from. And two of the types have multiple designs. With that kind of variety, what is there to complain about?
As a community, we're pretty expert at finding things to complain about, reasonable or not. I can't even say I'm exempt. This one comes across pretty silly to me, though.

Reactions: Foxroxsox
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back