New abdl diapers!

CodyBaby said:
Wow, I so much wanted one of theses as my birthday gift, then I realized it was 145$ for a plain one, someone really wants to make money out of rich ABDL, I would dream of a cloth diaper that would look like Pampers Cruisers from the early 2002 era, but I don't have 145$ + 55$ for the graphics. But his work looks like a real quality product, don't get me wrong here, but the price tag, way too much.
How about a 1987-88 Pampers style reusable pocket diaper? I just finished my first prototype. I'll be posting pics and everything after work. I put a lot of work into getting the fit proportions exactly as intended in the originals.

I don't have a business or anything, but if there's enough interest I could see about making a small production run...and they would be priced significantly less.

• Love
Reactions: TigerDL, CodyBaby, Teddy and 2 others
I never got the appeal of cloth diapers like How do you even use them? if it's cloth wouldn't it just seep through quicker?

Reactions: KnappFlannel
MakABDL said:
I never got the appeal of cloth diapers like How do you even use them? if it's cloth wouldn't it just seep through quicker?
Definitely would leak -- if you don't have a waterproof cover of some kind :) . You can have a waterproof layer as an exterior cover, or if you're creative it can be incorporated as a hidden layer.

The big appeal of cloth diapers for me is cost and versatility. I sew most of my own stuff, but even if I didn't it would save a lot of money. An all-in-one cloth diaper from a decent place like adultclothdiaper runs $40. If you put it on rotation for 2x week, you should get at least 3 years use out of it. The disposable equivalent cost for 2 diapers / wk at 3 years would be something like $351 (medical grade) and $501 (premium abdl).

And the fabric choices are incredible. There are more types of diaper fabrics than I could easily list, but it means there something for everyone. If you want something super discreet, absorbs and wicks like a champ -- a lightweight bambooo jersey or stretch french terry is most excellent. Want big and bulky and stays cuddle soft even after it's wet -- toweling terry with a cotton velour top layer.

Between wovens and knits, there has to be at least 100+ different kinds of fabrics that would make great diapers, and you can mix and match fabric types for the qualities, fit, absorbency, etc.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
KnappFlannel said:
Definitely would leak -- if you don't have a waterproof cover of some kind :) . You can have a waterproof layer as an exterior cover, or if you're creative it can be incorporated as a hidden layer.

The big appeal of cloth diapers for me is cost and versatility. I sew most of my own stuff, but even if I didn't it would save a lot of money. An all-in-one cloth diaper from a decent place like adultclothdiaper runs $40. If you put it on rotation for 2x week, you should get at least 3 years use out of it. The disposable equivalent cost for 2 diapers / wk at 3 years would be something like $351 (medical grade) and $501 (premium abdl).

And the fabric choices are incredible. There are more types of diaper fabrics than I could easily list, but it means there something for everyone. If you want something super discreet, absorbs and wicks like a champ -- a lightweight bambooo jersey or stretch french terry is most excellent. Want big and bulky and stays cuddle soft even after it's wet -- toweling terry with a cotton velour top layer.

Between wovens and knits, there has to be at least 100+ different kinds of fabrics that would make great diapers, and you can mix and match fabric types for the qualities, fit, absorbency, etc.
Yeah i am a super soaker it wouldn't last 2 wettings before it leaked lol I wear megamax which I'm happy with cuz I have yet to actually wet one to leaking point

Will follow your new thread, @KnappFlannel, I would even dream of just a PUL diaper cover with velcro tabs that would look like an exact replica of various vintage or even cute modern disposable baby diapers. Just the idea to wear my normal disposables or some of my cloth diapers covered with a good cover that is the replica of exact baby diapers, I would love that so much, and I'm guessing it could even run out at a cheaper price.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and KnappFlannel
CodyBaby said:
Will follow your new thread, @KnappFlannel, I would even dream of just a PUL diaper cover with velcro tabs that would look like an exact replica of various vintage or even cute modern disposable baby diapers. Just the idea to wear my normal disposables or some of my cloth diapers covered with a good cover that is the replica of exact baby diapers, I would love that so much, and I'm guessing it could even run out at a cheaper price.
Cool thanks! Now that I have a semblance of a system together that takes care of most of the proportional issues it's going to be a lot easier to replicate going forward...I can't make any promises...but what would be your dream baby diaper replica cover?

Last edited:
KnappFlannel said:
Cool thanks! Now that I have a semblance of a system together that takes of proportional issues it's going to be a lot easier to replicate going forward...I can't make any promises...but what would be your dream baby diaper replica cover?
So much to choose from, but for the cuteness, I would love a more modern than vintage since real vintage were mostly white with just the tape or velcro panel being printed, like the new Pampers are printed, sadly we have no way to have the wetness indicator work on something made out of cloth or PUL materials so it would have to be one before they added the wetness indicators maybe like theses Pampers Cruisers from 2015 https://momspotted.com/2015/09/pamp...bsorb-channels-plus-super-sale-at-target.html. The main focus for me is the price tag must never exceed more than 50-60$CAD, shipping isn't an issue cause usually you can ship them in padded envelopes for around 10-15$ and that's not too much (assuming you are in USA or Canada)

thy remind me of old Luvs. mainly the air plane one with its size marking.

Last edited:
CodyBaby said:
So much to choose from, but for the cuteness, I would love a more modern than vintage since real vintage were mostly white with just the tape or velcro panel being printed, like the new Pampers are printed, sadly we have no way to have the wetness indicator work on something made out of cloth or PUL materials so it would have to be one before they added the wetness indicators maybe like theses Pampers Cruisers from 2015 https://momspotted.com/2015/09/pamp...bsorb-channels-plus-super-sale-at-target.html. The main focus for me is the price tag must never exceed more than 50-60$CAD, shipping isn't an issue cause usually you can ship them in padded envelopes for around 10-15$ and that's not too much (assuming you are in USA or Canada)
Yeah a wetness indicator with a waterproof is a bit beyond my skills, but I think I actually have some on hand samples of cruisers from that time period to take a look at.

I don't know exactly what a price range would be, but for just a cover I can tell you it wouldn't come close to $60 CAD. If you wanted reusable inserts to go with it, there are a whole range of possible fabrics, thicknesses, and price points. And thanks for the idea! I'll be doing some digging around for some technical sources

KnappFlannel said:
Yeah a wetness indicator with a waterproof is a bit beyond my skills, but I think I actually have some on hand samples of cruisers from that time period to take a look at.

I don't know exactly what a price range would be, but for just a cover I can tell you it wouldn't come close to $60 CAD. If you wanted reusable inserts to go with it, there are a whole range of possible fabrics, thicknesses, and price points. And thanks for the idea! I'll be doing some digging around for some technical sources
You may want to take a look at http://dependeco-adult-diapers.com/ this is where I got my 2 cloth diapers + 1 Pul diaper cover (I generally wear disposables inside, I use them mostly to add bulk and for the prints, and if they catch a leak, I wash them immediatly), they are of extreme good quality, the prints choice is also good, but nothing close to a replica of a modern days or vintage days disposable baby diaper. You may even want to contact the owner, she may have some tricks for you. She also has a baby cloth diaper company, I would guess its why the adult versions are really good.

CodyBaby said:
Apologies for the lack of formatting, issues with my phone at the moment, I'll write up a proper reply after I get off work. I do rather like Dependeco diapers and own a few. I think they are constructed quite well, but the ones with cotton outers have never been waterproof for me.I believe I have a good solution to that end though 😏.

Like everything in the world today, it's too expensive.
Seems like everything but wages are going up.

But, they're definitely adorable and well done!

Reactions: CodyBaby
KnappFlannel said:
Apologies for the lack of formatting, issues with my phone at the moment, I'll write up a proper reply after I get off work. I do rather like Dependeco diapers and own a few. I think they are constructed quite well, but the ones with cotton outers have never been waterproof for me.I believe I have a good solution to that end though 😏.
The ones that are made out of cotton or flanel on dependeco aren't made to be waterproof, its why she sells Pul diaper covers to go with them.

Reactions: KnappFlannel and BobbiSueEllen
CodyBaby said:
The ones that are made out of cotton or flanel on dependeco aren't made to be waterproof, its why she sells Pul diaper covers to go with them.
She sells both with and without the hidden PUL waterproof layer. I specifically meant the diapers sold as "AIO Cotton Diapers" that have the hidden PUL layer http://dependeco-adult-diapers.com/catalog.php?category=1

The listing states they are leakproof (hence the all-in-one), and in my experience they are not.

Last edited:
Reactions: CodyBaby
Back