Needing to go in the middle of a conversation.

nappywearingicman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi I suffer from urge incontinence and wanted to know if its just me but when I'm talking to someone 8 out of 10 times I will get a strong urge to go and I always feel really guilty if I excuse myself and I will probably not make it so I just go in the middle of the conversation and they are none the wiser.

Reactions: Kellycares

SoggyApril

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
I don't frequently need to go in the middle of conversation, but I have on at least one occasion. I figure that if it was an important enough conversation, it can continue after I've been (and I wouldn't be hugely comfortable just standing there using my diaper in front of someone).

Shouldn't need to feel guilty because of a bodily function needing tending to.

Reactions: munkey and nappywearingicman

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
nappywearingicman said:
Hi I suffer from urge incontinence and wanted to know if its just me but when I'm talking to someone 8 out of 10 times I will get a strong urge to go and I always feel really guilty if I excuse myself and I will probably not make it so I just go in the middle of the conversation and they are none the wiser.
It's not just you, although I can't say it is a trigger in my case. For me, it is just circumstance.

i have urge incontinence and when seeing guests leave and saying goodbyes you don't want to be rude and go running off to the toilet (besides that may beg questions). I've also peed myself a few times when on the phone. You don't want to keep the other party waiting while you run to the toilet (especially if you've been on hold to get that person). Or sometimes its just a friend but it feels inconvenient/rude to excuse yourself, so you just allow yourself to use the diaper.

For me, it is just the nature of incontinence... the urge can be inconvenient and because we can't stop it, we just give into it.

Reactions: hbic60, DiaperDiva and munkey

Kellycares

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Hopefully,I am like most adults here and instinctively try to avoid wetting my diaper front of others. But, I have done so many times. For me it is no longer a big deal.

When at work, out to eat, a family gathering, or such, I just excuse myself by saying I’m going out for a cigarette. If others are out smoking, or somebody joins me, as I still have some control, I inevitably slowly wet my diaper in front of them, most often, while in conversation. As I always wear a premium diaper not prone to leaking in social situations, it has never been an embarrassing issue.

hbic60

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm the same as slimjiminy - it's not a trigger, but if the urge hits and the circumstances are not the way that I can easily jump to a bathroom I simply let it happen. That's why I wear proper protection, which is - being clothed appropriately - invisible to others, and for sure also nobody can tell that I'm using it right then!

Napincolove

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Having a conversation is not a trigger for me, having said that there have been many times whilst talking to people that my bladder has decided to "let go" and what can you do-absolutely nothing is the answer I just continue the conversation with ( I hope) only me being aware my Nappy is now being used for its purpose.
If I try to fight the urge winning that battle results in losing a bigger battle and I will then fill my Nappy with #2 , needless to say I dont try to hold it much these days and besides it is usually a futile exercise.