Needing to go in the middle of a conversation.

nappywearingicman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi I suffer from urge incontinence and wanted to know if its just me but when I'm talking to someone 8 out of 10 times I will get a strong urge to go and I always feel really guilty if I excuse myself and I will probably not make it so I just go in the middle of the conversation and they are none the wiser.

Reactions: TeddyBunny, Jorelaxed, jwh and 7 others
I don't frequently need to go in the middle of conversation, but I have on at least one occasion. I figure that if it was an important enough conversation, it can continue after I've been (and I wouldn't be hugely comfortable just standing there using my diaper in front of someone).

Shouldn't need to feel guilty because of a bodily function needing tending to.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, luminescent81, Edgewater and 4 others
nappywearingicman said:
Hi I suffer from urge incontinence and wanted to know if its just me but when I'm talking to someone 8 out of 10 times I will get a strong urge to go and I always feel really guilty if I excuse myself and I will probably not make it so I just go in the middle of the conversation and they are none the wiser.
It's not just you, although I can't say it is a trigger in my case. For me, it is just circumstance.

i have urge incontinence and when seeing guests leave and saying goodbyes you don't want to be rude and go running off to the toilet (besides that may beg questions). I've also peed myself a few times when on the phone. You don't want to keep the other party waiting while you run to the toilet (especially if you've been on hold to get that person). Or sometimes its just a friend but it feels inconvenient/rude to excuse yourself, so you just allow yourself to use the diaper.

For me, it is just the nature of incontinence... the urge can be inconvenient and because we can't stop it, we just give into it.

Reactions: EcoIncon, Edgewater, jonny77 and 5 others
Hopefully,I am like most adults here and instinctively try to avoid wetting my diaper front of others. But, I have done so many times. For me it is no longer a big deal.

When at work, out to eat, a family gathering, or such, I just excuse myself by saying I’m going out for a cigarette. If others are out smoking, or somebody joins me, as I still have some control, I inevitably slowly wet my diaper in front of them, most often, while in conversation. As I always wear a premium diaper not prone to leaking in social situations, it has never been an embarrassing issue.

Reactions: Edgewater, jonny77, jdinvirginia and 1 other person
I'm the same as slimjiminy - it's not a trigger, but if the urge hits and the circumstances are not the way that I can easily jump to a bathroom I simply let it happen. That's why I wear proper protection, which is - being clothed appropriately - invisible to others, and for sure also nobody can tell that I'm using it right then!

• Love
Reactions: Jorelaxed, Edgewater, jonny77 and 1 other person
Having a conversation is not a trigger for me, having said that there have been many times whilst talking to people that my bladder has decided to "let go" and what can you do-absolutely nothing is the answer I just continue the conversation with ( I hope) only me being aware my Nappy is now being used for its purpose.
If I try to fight the urge winning that battle results in losing a bigger battle and I will then fill my Nappy with #2 , needless to say I dont try to hold it much these days and besides it is usually a futile exercise.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, Edgewater, jonny77 and 1 other person
nappywearingicman said:
Im always talking lol so its almost always during a conversation sometimes multiple times during the same one although my overactive bladder only recently became urge IC i would say 9/10 times i am talking to someon.

Reactions: Edgewater and jonny77
I often use my nappy when talking to people & 99% of the time that person is totally unaware of it.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, cloakplt, Kellycares and 3 others
I often go when talking to someone, otherwise I would need to keep excusing myself because of my OAB. I can still make it to the toilet, but the frequency I have to go is just too muchm

Reactions: cloakplt, luminescent81, EcoIncon and 6 others
SoggyApril said:
I don't frequently need to go in the middle of conversation, but I have on at least one occasion. I figure that if it was an important enough conversation, it can continue after I've been (and I wouldn't be hugely comfortable just standing there using my diaper in front of someone).

Shouldn't need to feel guilty because of a bodily function needing tending to.
Not a lot different than carrying on a casual conversation with the guy standing at the urinal next to you!

• Haha
Reactions: EcoIncon, Edgewater, jonny77 and 1 other person
russell100 said:
I often use my nappy when talking to people & 99% of the time that person is totally unaware of it.
Unless they’re mothers who recognize the dreaded pee face from seeing it when their infants were wetting their diaper!

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater, jonny77, AJFan2020 and 1 other person
slimjiminy said:
It's not just you, although I can't say it is a trigger in my case. For me, it is just circumstance.

i have urge incontinence and when seeing guests leave and saying goodbyes you don't want to be rude and go running off to the toilet (besides that may beg questions). I've also peed myself a few times when on the phone. You don't want to keep the other party waiting while you run to the toilet (especially if you've been on hold to get that person). Or sometimes its just a friend but it feels inconvenient/rude to excuse yourself, so you just allow yourself to use the diaper.

For me, it is just the nature of incontinence... the urge can be inconvenient and because we can't stop it, we just give into it.
I deal with it the same way, i even do diaper up for phone calls most days.

In Germany the definition for a prescription of diapers is like: "to be able to take part in social activities like a healthy person"
A healthy person is able to hold for the length of a phone call usually, same for a spontaneous conversation.

Last edited:
Reactions: jwh, Edgewater and slimjiminy
Yes, with urge incontinence, although I try to avoid it as I never know if it’ll be a hissing wee or not. I’ve had a couple of urinary accidents where it has been audible to the other person I was with.

Reactions: Edgewater
As others have noted, I avoid voiding while in a conversation face-to-face with others, but it sometimes happens. When it happens I focus on the other person to not react and they are unaware what is happening. As I am double incontinent I am heavily padded and doubt that there is any audible sound (at least I hope so).

Reactions: Jonnythepony and Edgewater
I feel like this happens to me daily at work. I just stop them and say sorry but I’ll be right back or if I’m comfortable with the person I’ll literally say I got to pee brb.
If it’s a call and goes on too long sometimes my pad it a little wet but that’s what it’s there for.

Reactions: luminescent81, charliee and Edgewater
With great luck, my releases are not huge, but they are often and as a result, there's no noise associated with the release.
While traveling there were times that I would have preferred having more control, but having the proper diaper on just takes the edge of any concern. And, there is always that reality that the vast majority just have zero idea what had happened.

I wet my diaper in the middle of a conversation with a group of neighbors and one of the women blurted out asking if I just wet my pants. She said I made the same face her son makes when he wet his diaper.

They don’t know I’m in diapers, so I just laughed it off and said no.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: Jorelaxed, EcoIncon, charliee and 4 others
nappywearingicman said:
yup me too!! love wetting my diaper when talking to someone hehehe they never know and it feels sooo naughty!!!

• Angry
Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver and Edgewater
I wet my diaper all the time, in any kind of situation, including when talking to someone. That’s called urinary incontinence. Talking to people though is not a trigger for me to suddenly wet myself. I find it highly distasteful when continent people post that they do this on purpose, for some sort of thrill. I don’t think that is right.

Reactions: luminescent81, Pino, NappiedTruckDriver and 1 other person
Eclectic said:
I wet my diaper all the time, in any kind of situation, including when talking to someone. That’s called urinary incontinence. Talking to people though is not a trigger for me to suddenly wet myself. I find it highly distasteful when continent people post that they do this on purpose, for some sort of thrill. I don’t think that is right.
its not a trigger if i need to go i just go, no one knows at the time but me so relax!!!

Back