My inner baby shop in Noblesville is under attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsyBitsyBabySara

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
The abdl shop in Noblesville is under attack by the city government.
They are claiming the store is a sex shop, if anything I would believe its more of a cosplay store then a sex shop.
On August 1st there is a hearing the will decide if it is considered a sex shop and if so they will have to move shop do to a zoning law.
They don't sale anything that would be considered sex items, just adult baby clothes and diapers other adult baby items. This will be a big blow to our community if they are able to legally shut these stores down.
I think my inner baby is considered a sex shop then the stores that sale lingerie should also be shut down.

Just my opinion on the matter at hand.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Kirisin, Sel111123, Liddlefoot and 9 others
While I’ve not visited them in person (I live in Washington State), I’ve purchased several items from them online. You raise a valid point that, if the apparel and associated items (diapers, pacifiers, etc) are to be considered “sex shop” items, then Walmart and Target also must be considered in the same category- as they too carry the same inventory.

Reactions: Kirisin, NivekDLF, PlastiBrain and 7 others
They don't sell anything that looks like a normal sex item. It's a kink/fetish. I know. I know. It doesn't feel that way to quite a few people, but by classification, it is. I'm actually cool with that, given the depathologization of fetishes and kinks.

• Thinking
Reactions: piper23, Joules, BobbiSueEllen and 2 others
It's an unfortunate, but very foreseeable, situation. My Inner Baby is obviously an "adult" store, and many of those visiting are undoubtedly satisfying a kink/fetish. I don't see a way out of this for them. It ought to have been considered right from the start. Maybe it was. Maybe the zoning for sex stores was such that a suitable location would've been a lot more expensive, would've drawn what they deemed to be the wrong kind of attention, ...? Maybe this was a calculated risk?

Last edited:
Reactions: fleckothefennec, Joules and nightfox320
Assuming they don’t sell vibrators, dildos, paddles, whips, floggers, etc. then they are nothing more than a medical supply shop. Nothing in there is not something a special needs or disabled person may need

Large Nuk pacifiers - used for those with sensory issues
Large bottle nipples - used for those with feeding issues
Onesies and clothes, - used to facilitate easy dressing and prevent unwanted undressing
Diapers- incontinence
Stuffies - everybody needs a stuffie

They are not an entertainment venue… unless they are holding parties. When i think adult entertainment business i think STRIP CLUB

If I was them I would fight this tooth and nail

• Love
Reactions: Bedwetterboi, Kirisin, longallsboy and 6 others
This is nothing more then a retail store PERIOD!!! I truly hope they intend to fight the city's decision. The only issue I feel would be a hinderence is if they did not have proper zoning and planning permits from the onset and opened without proper approval. Some small businesses do that with the intention of getting approval later by the governing authorities. It's really 50/50 going that route.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Some people have a fetish for denim. So clothes stores shouldn't be allowed to sell jeans. Balloons are also a big no-no. Urinating needs to be banned. No more high heels, leather jackets, rubber boots. Smoking belongs in the sex category, too. Nobody should be exposed to anything as sexual as perfumes, makeup or nail varnish. No more models, performers or TV presenters that have boobs or buttocks, in fact they shouldn't be in any customer-facing position. Or even anywhere in public. No guys with a visible bump between their legs. Flashy cars should not be displayed publicly, and should only be allowed to be driven on private ground. Oh, and food is of course also completely taboo. Sod it, lry's just ban everything for the greater good!

• Haha
  • Thinking
Reactions: Kirisin, PlastiBrain, longallsboy and 4 others
Today's Scarlet Letter is brought to you by the letter D! 🤔

• Sad
  • Thinking
Reactions: PlastiBrain, PNW509Little, Lightstreak2553 and 2 others
I have been to this store and found that the staff was so supportive and helpful. It has been the most welcoming and pleasant experience I've ever had in a retail establishment that offers incontinence needs and other items for personal support. They are providing products to customers for a variety of needs, none of which are exclusively sexual in nature. Someone on the planning board is a bit closed minded and can't handle the reality of people that can make choices of their own.

I hope they are able to succeed in their appeal and continue to provide for our community. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Kirisin, Angelapinks, AJFan2020 and 3 others
Some idiot probably went in thinking it was a regular baby store and got offended.

• Thinking
  • Haha
Reactions: Kirisin, LinkDL, Tommy10 and 6 others
We’re entering a period in our history where every moral police Karen that ever said “there outta be a law again’ it” is going to get their wish so other ignorant boobs can get the former’s votes.

• Sad
Reactions: Kirisin, odd1inSyde, Abdlchriscrinkle and 6 others
PooMinara said:
Some people have a fetish for denim. So clothes stores shouldn't be allowed to sell jeans. Balloons are also a big no-no. Urinating needs to be banned. No more high heels, leather jackets, rubber boots. Smoking belongs in the sex category, too. Nobody should be exposed to anything as sexual as perfumes, makeup or nail varnish. No more models, performers or TV presenters that have boobs or buttocks, in fact they shouldn't be in any customer-facing position. Or even anywhere in public. No guys with a visible bump between their legs. Flashy cars should not be displayed publicly, and should only be allowed to be driven on private ground. Oh, and food is of course also completely taboo. Sod it, lry's just ban everything for the greater good!
On a related note I wonder how long it will be before Freudian Psychoanalysis and other practices best left in the Victorian Era make a comeback.

• Sad
Reactions: Lightstreak2553, BobbiSueEllen and Angelapinks
I have been to the store it has very good customer service and it’s very discreet and a light industrial area great location no one should be complaining about it it’s more or less just a clothing store with no sex Items in it and I will go back anytime and I’m in the area

Reactions: Kirisin, Tinklepanties and BobbiSueEllen
I tried to access the story via Indianapolis Star but they blocked me because "This content is only available to subscribers". Hmmm...isn't Freedom of the Press supposed to mean free access to it, too? Considering the advertising we all get pummeled with, even with a subscription, this seems to come across as "Greedom of the Press". It also seems this is how they throttle news and state off an adequate, educated response from those in the know more than the newsmedia--or even the locals--are or could ever care to be.

This is a matter being decided upon by a very small handful of wealthy, indoctrinated, privileged people who are so into themselves and their power that they wouldn't see the forest for the trees if you paid them. It's a comfortable cocoon-world for them, where they take an issue, debate it with no facts, a lot of fear, then go hands-up and the chairperson/mayor slaps their gavel down and say "Thus Saith We". This all is a not only a clear abuse of the Freedom of the Press but a violation of the basic tenet of democracy: bringing it to the people, be it news or a vote. This is too convenient of a way to eliminate the matter to their convenience and keep us in a darkness we don't deserve. Darkness is evil and nothing is more evil than a society which both determines what's evil or not and hides them in a darkness of their own creation.

One might argue that they're doing this to protect the kids but:
  1. their kids more than likely know all about this anyway due to typical American insufficient supervision of kids on the internet;
  2. this flies in the face of adult hypocrisy. In the end, I guess discreet adults in diapers behind closed doors are a worse "bad thing" than alcoholism, drugs, marital infidelity, embezzlement, lying under oath, abusing power, so on. In their eyes, some taboos are "more socially acceptable than others";
  3. To assuage the consciences of The Privileged, we put up signs everywhere that nobody under 18 is allowed in. That is a concession we make to meet parents in the middle. Unfortunately, that seems to imply to them that diapers and such are sexual...and that we also imply it.
And despite the fact there's no sex-specific or "dual-purpose items" whatsoever in the store...well, you see and know what I'm saying.

Remember how I said in other posts that 40 years ago, homosexuality was in the same boat that we are now? It's true. They, too, were branded as freaks, rapists, child molesters and so on. Fear about it all abounded. Many of you remember that as well as I do. Once NAMBLA came into view, the stragglers in the Hate Bubble grasped upon that to try and associate NAMBLA with homosexuality. Now, we're in that exact same boat, 40 years on. I've only heard one person try to associate AB/DL with NAMBLA.

We'll never totally eliminate hate and ignorance from the human race. As long as there are people on this planet, there will be want. There will be envy. There will be greed. There will be other things that happen because of them, such as stealing, assault, deception, destruction, oppression, bodily harm...even murder. All in the name of moral high ground. There will never be a day on Planet Earth when there are no wars, nothing to envy of your neighbor...nothing to grab for one's self. There will be a day when it gets easier for us and other groups...but it's time to stop deluding ourselves that it will all end. The homosexual community of today will tell you the same thing.

It also must be clear that if this is assumed to be a "fetish", then there are other things which must be seen as such because people are not afraid to express sexuality through them. Those would include (but not be limited to) gambling, drinking, hoarding money, empire-building, owning/driving/racing fast vehicles (and when you see them drive those vehicles as they do on the street, you can't say there's no hormones involved), status-seeking...it doesn't end. And you can't say there's no libido or sexuality involved. We're a sex-obsessed culture. That's what drives us, we even associate the word "horny" with it all. We can't deny that. And not even religion is exempt, that's an equally-colossal abuser. We're proving Freud right and he's a fraud.

Remember that one simple saying: "Beware of the power of stupid people in large groups"...or in power, for that matter. They chose to embrace fear. It's also why I say that, for us, "Discretion is the better part of valor" and that exhibitionism needs to be wholly rethought...and some maturity invested. And lots of dialogue...and loads of discretion.

And as far as NAMBLA goes: I have zero sympathy for those creeps whatsoever because they are 100% in the wrong...ethically, morally and legally. If any bunch needs to go, they do.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Kirisin, tenderbottoms47, odd1inSyde and 2 others
I have been thinking about this situation for a while now, trying to sort out my thoughts and feelings about the issue. I am within driving distance of this store and I am a somewhat regular customer there. All accounts of how nice the people are and how cool the store is are true from my experience. I want this store to stay open.

But what has been gnawing at me is the question of "Is this a sex shop?"

One could argue that this is a medical supply store. I get that. But the name says otherwise. It's not MIB Medical Supplies. It's "My Inner Baby."

Very few people with incontinence would buy supplies at a shop called "My Inner Baby." The internet is a convenient source for incontinence supplies and most incontinent people would choose to buy discreetly and not need a store called "My Inner Baby" to buy incontinence supplies.

So that brings me to my thoughts and how I define myself. I am DL. I've been DL since I was a kid, and for me, DL is a kink. I think it's a healthy kink, and my wife and I play with that kink all the time. I get excited about going to "My Inner Baby" because it's a sexual kink I have as an attraction to and for diapers. And this place is a wonderland of kinky diapers, clothes, and other stuff. I'm not into everything in the store, but I love seeing and smelling all the diapers they have there!

So there is a part of me that says that the city has a point and that framed the way it is by being called "My Inner Baby" that it's a pretty strong argument that it's a sex shop.

With that said, I hope they get a variance to the zoning or that they can successfully move to a different location zoned for that type of store. I certainly do not want to see them forced to close.

• Thinking
Reactions: fleckothefennec and BobbiSueEllen
messydiaper said:
I have been thinking about this situation for a while now, trying to sort out my thoughts and feelings about the issue. I am within driving distance of this store and I am a somewhat regular customer there. All accounts of how nice the people are and how cool the store is are true from my experience. I want this store to stay open.

But what has been gnawing at me is the question of "Is this a sex shop?"

One could argue that this is a medical supply store. I get that. But the name says otherwise. It's not MIB Medical Supplies. It's "My Inner Baby."

Very few people with incontinence would buy supplies at a shop called "My Inner Baby." The internet is a convenient source for incontinence supplies and most incontinent people would choose to buy discreetly and not need a store called "My Inner Baby" to buy incontinence supplies.

So that brings me to my thoughts and how I define myself. I am DL. I've been DL since I was a kid, and for me, DL is a kink. I think it's a healthy kink, and my wife and I play with that kink all the time. I get excited about going to "My Inner Baby" because it's a sexual kink I have as an attraction to and for diapers. And this place is a wonderland of kinky diapers, clothes, and other stuff. I'm not into everything in the store, but I love seeing and smelling all the diapers they have there!

So there is a part of me that says that the city has a point and that framed the way it is by being called "My Inner Baby" that it's a pretty strong argument that it's a sex shop.

With that said, I hope they get a variance to the zoning or that they can successfully move to a different location zoned for that type of store. I certainly do not want to see them forced to close.
There's two possible, viable reasons they want to do this: (a) to force the business to move to a new location with a higher tax bracket so they can make money off of it. And if not for that, then (b) they can drive the business under. Out of sight, out of mind. Either way, it's convenience for the conscience of the council.

• Thinking
Reactions: Joediaper, Subtlerustle, AJFan2020 and 1 other person
Perhaps a name change might alleviate some of the idiotic anxiety from local “officials”. Just call it “Fun Diapers” or whatever.
As @BobbiSueEllen well stated, it’s a small handful of opportunists trying to look like they stand for something. What they stand for depends on the day and how many fools they can get to vote for them so their gravy train can continue.
It’s disappointing and disheartening that here we are in 2022 and the politicians want to govern your choice of underwear and why you choose it. I hope local Abdl’s support this store mightily.

Reactions: Kirisin, Lightstreak2553, messydiaper and 1 other person
Subtlerustle said:
Perhaps a name change might alleviate some of the idiotic anxiety from local “officials”. Just call it “Fun Diapers” or whatever.
As @BobbiSueEllen well stated, it’s a small handful of opportunists trying to look like they stand for something. What they stand for depends on the day and how many fools they can get to vote for them so their gravy train can continue.
It’s disappointing and disheartening that here we are in 2022 and the politicians want to govern your choice of underwear and why you choose it. I hope local Abdl’s support this store mightily.

Just call it MyIB LLC. Keep "diapers"/"baby" out of the name entirely.

• Thinking
Reactions: Angelapinks, AJFan2020 and BobbiSueEllen
The Diaper Depot in Georgia also sells a line of baby diapers, pullups and I think bedwetter pants

Reactions: huggiesthick, Angelapinks, messydiaper and 1 other person
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back