My first convention 🙀

fleckothefennec

I am fennec hear me scree
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Hey everyfur,

This March I will be attending my very first furry convention. It's in Vancouver BC "Vancoufur"

I'm going to be selling art there and signed up to perform in the talent show, I'm beyond excited and have been having trouble sleeping 😅 I don't get out much, I live off grid on a remote island, this trip is really stepping outside my box of comfort.

I don't have time to complete a full fursuit for my main fursona so am creating a custom partial based on the theam this year of steampunk. I have very high expectations of myself so have been stressing that about it turning out the way I have invisioned😬

Anyone on here going to be attending?

Advice and encouragement are welcome 🙏

• Love
Reactions: LaLoneDigi, Cottontail and BBBen
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun, and I hope your art sells well! We all expect a complete report when it's over, ha ha! (Including whatever pictures you're comfortable sharing, if any.)

Seattle's Anthro Northwest happened a little over a week ago. The timing wasn't right for me, but I'm hoping to make it next year. It's only an hour drive from here, so I feel a little dumb about not going.

Last edited:
Reactions: fleckothefennec
fleckothefennec said:
Hey everyfur,

This March I will be attending my very first furry convention. It's in Vancouver BC "Vancoufur"

I'm going to be selling art there and signed up to perform in the talent show, I'm beyond excited and have been having trouble sleeping 😅 I don't get out much, I live off grid on a remote island, this trip is really stepping outside my box of comfort.

I don't have time to complete a full fursuit for my main fursona so am creating a custom partial based on the theam this year of steampunk. I have very high expectations of myself so have been stressing that about it turning out the way I have invisioned😬

Anyone on here going to be attending?

Advice and encouragement are welcome 🙏
I hope you have a really good time there. It sounds like it will be lots of fun

fleckothefennec said:
I live off grid on a remote island, this trip is really stepping outside my box of comfort.
Forget the convention! I want to know more about this!! 😄

LuckyRed23 said:
Forget the convention! I want to know more about this!! 😄
Sure,

I live off grid on Sonora island, it's between Vancouver Island and mainland BC. It's only accessible by boat or float plane, population around 25. My water comes from rain collection, my power is through solar or gas generator but I will hopefully be adding hydro soon. I grow most of my food and hunt all my meat. I tan the hides and furs for clothing etc, the bones for jewelry and the fat for soap. I will be selling some of this art at the convention 😁

It's a very peaceful and rewarding life out here😌

• Love
Reactions: denimchicken, Wonderingabout, IvyDemi and 2 others
Cottontail said:
Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun, and I hope your art sells well! We all expect a complete report when it's over, ha ha! (Including whatever pictures you're comfortable sharing, if any.)

Seattle's Anthro Northwest happened a little over a week ago. The timing wasn't right for me, but I'm hoping to make it next year. It's only an hour drive from here, so I feel a little dumb about not going.
Yah I will definitely post some pictures. This is the closest con to me and I also feel a little dumb for not attending other years. I'm hoping to make it an annual thing.

I had a productive year hunting so have lots to work with for my art including some beautiful iridescent mallard feathers. I'm tanning a bear hide to make a fur shoulder wrap for my outfit as well 😁

Reactions: Cottontail
fleckothefennec said:
Sure,

I live off grid on Sonora island, it's between Vancouver Island and mainland BC. It's only accessible by boat or float plane, population around 25. My water comes from rain collection, my power is through solar or gas generator but I will hopefully be adding hydro soon. I grow most of my food and hunt all my meat. I tan the hides and furs for clothing etc, the bones for jewelry and the fat for soap. I will be selling some of this art at the convention 😁

It's a very peaceful and rewarding life out here😌
This is amazing! You are living the life I always dream about!! 🥰 I would love to have my own off-grid home, I would miss cars however... 🙄

LuckyRed23 said:
This is amazing! You are living the life I always dream about!! 🥰 I would love to have my own off-grid home, I would miss cars however... 🙄
There is one road here, I have a truck here, I keep one in the closest city as well for doing town trips.

The dream never dies, only the dreamer. My property and cabin only cost 92k, it's a reachable dream 😌

I lived on sailboats for 13 years prior to this, I work as a mobile marine mechanic and scuba diver🦊😁

fleckothefennec said:
There is one road here, I have a truck here, I keep one in the closest city as well for doing town trips.

The dream never dies, only the dreamer. My property and cabin only cost 92k, it's a reachable dream 😌

I lived on sailboats for 13 years prior to this, I work as a mobile marine mechanic and scuba diver🦊😁
Wow, you are absolutely fascinating 😄 mind if I message you I have lots of questions!
I get seasick, and plane sick and even train sick so maybe I would have to find somewhere at little less remote 😄

LuckyRed23 said:
Wow, you are absolutely fascinating 😄 mind if I message you I have lots of questions!
I get seasick, and plane sick and even train sick so maybe I would have to find somewhere at little less remote 😄
Feel free to message me, gets boring in the evenings sometimes 😌

20240303_152008.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Cottontail, CutestPaddedFemboy and LuckyRed23
Wow!! That's amazing! 🤩

Ha ha! I love it! The feathers and the red goggle-glasses are great. Excellent hat, too. It certainly fits the steampunk theme very well!

Back