Moving with Incontinence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Basketofstars97

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So, me and another family member are moving from CO to AZ at the end of the week (early next week at the latest). Tomorrow, my brother, who doesn't know about my problem, is coming up from AZ to help us move. I have no idea how he's going to react when he walks into the house and sees the pull up boxes taped up and marked and ready to be loaded (I use pull ups to manage my condition and find it cheaper in the long run to buy cardboard boxes containing 3 packs for a total of 60+). For clarity, most of the boxes have been emptied of their original contents, and have been used for packing various personal belongings. While I am slightly concerned about his reaction, I'm mostly wondering if I'm prepared enough. I have a diaper bag with several pull ups ready to be placed in the car when we leave, and I plan to put the rest of the open pack into the bag the morning of the move, along with my diaper rash cream and medications. I also have two unopened boxes of pull ups, and 2/3 of a third. Am I prepared enough, or is there something I've overlooked?

Unscented wires are handy to have when you change to prevent odor in a closed car. Put some opaque bags in your diaper bag for disposing of used pullups at rest areas. It might be worth it to map out rest areas in advance. Remember that many of the reservations in northwestern New Mexico and northeastern Arizona are closed to nonresidents, so plan accordingly.

Not the best time of year to be moving to Arizona, where it's hot and they're having wildfires!

I would try some premium taped diapers will keep you from having to change more often when traveling if there are no bathrooms available on your route pullups may be an issue. More and more places are opening up and bathrooms are becoming available again but if your driving through a area that is flairing up again they may order a temp shut down again.

For me, a single BetterDry with liner lasts about 8 hours, sometimes all day. ( for reference: I rarely am able to use a bathroom )

The. Ones can be explained for moving purposes. I would be more concerned about being in a diaper all day it’s gonna get wet and possible worse. That u can’t hide. Then just tell him, I’m sure he won’t care. At worst he might lovingly tease you. Hey you“re getting a it ripe, dont ya think k think you should change your pants?😄at least I hope.i get teased like that with close friends. I’ll evengive them some to wear if we are going somewhere bathrooms aren’t.

Incontinence is a medical problem. Wearing a pull-up or diaper to manage it is analogous to wearing glasses for a vision problem or a hearing aid for a hearing problem. It’s not the sort of thing that you need to hide within you close problem. So, as Fullpants said, I’d advise you to tell your brother about the issue.

To counterpoint the last couple of posts, your medical problems are nobody's business but yours. Would you tell your brother about your swollen hemorrhoids and persistent anal itch, your constipation issues, or that recurring jock itch that's driving you up the wall? It's not something he needs to know about, so it's not something you should reveal unless you're absolutely certain you want to. Once you've told somebody, you can never untell them, so I'm personally very circumspect about who I tell.

Basketofstars97 said:
So, me and another family member are moving from CO to AZ at the end of the week (early next week at the latest). Tomorrow, my brother, who doesn't know about my problem, is coming up from AZ to help us move. I have no idea how he's going to react when he walks into the house and sees the pull up boxes taped up and marked and ready to be loaded (I use pull ups to manage my condition and find it cheaper in the long run to buy cardboard boxes containing 3 packs for a total of 60+). For clarity, most of the boxes have been emptied of their original contents, and have been used for packing various personal belongings. While I am slightly concerned about his reaction, I'm mostly wondering if I'm prepared enough. I have a diaper bag with several pull ups ready to be placed in the car when we leave, and I plan to put the rest of the open pack into the bag the morning of the move, along with my diaper rash cream and medications. I also have two unopened boxes of pull ups, and 2/3 of a third. Am I prepared enough, or is there something I've overlooked?
Just tell him a friend gave you some boxes. I have moved baby times and I often get fixed from friends. As for the amount of pull-ups, I would take the number you normally use a day and multiply that by the expected duration of the move. Then I would add a week or twos worth.

ltaluv said:
Unscented wires are handy to have when you change to prevent odor in a closed car. Put some opaque bags in your diaper bag for disposing of used pullups at rest areas. It might be worth it to map out rest areas in advance. Remember that many of the reservations in northwestern New Mexico and northeastern Arizona are closed to nonresidents, so plan accordingly.

Not the best time of year to be moving to Arizona, where it's hot and they're having wildfires!
It is hot but not too bad most of the day. The big for is on the north side if Tucson, but much if the state is not in fire. Also the for department if doing a great job at staffing the fire away from the city.

I live near Tucson btw welcome to the state.

The dive is not so bad between Denver and Tucson. We go about twice a year and just got back from a twp week trip. A lot is open in Tucson now. Even on the road it wasn't too bad. New Mexico has signs saying that masks are required, but only a fraction of the residents are actually wearing them.

Be warned, it's crazy hot in Tucson right now! They hit 110 again last week!

Last edited:
Maybe you could tell him only if he comes across your pull-ups. As for the boxes the suggestion from WanderingToddler seems reasonable, that you got the boxes from someone else. That may present a problem though if you find that you have to tell him later if he were to discovers your supplies. I’m not a good one to say what to do as I’m an only child so I’ve had no experience telling siblings about my condition but I’d like to think that he’d be understanding about a medical issue. Stay padded but you may need to ventilate in that Arizona heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back