Midnight's mediocre AB/DL art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, just like I've mentioned in my introduction, I made some artworks by request, revolving around the topic of Adult Babies and diapers. I put them into my user gaIlery, but I also got the recommendation to open up a topic about this in here, so I'll do... just that! Maybe some of you have already seen one of these somewhere else.

Won't you be my Valentine?
The first one I did (excluding a sketch for something else I can't find at the moment) back in February of 2014 for a Valentine's card, depicting the cupid Meara.
Drawn traditionally, coloured with a bunch of Copic Ciao markers.

full

Untitled
"Untitled" is not the title of the piece. :p (EDIT: It got one by now - "Calm down".) The first work I did in Photoshop (well, the second, if you count a really crude cow sketch, lol), shortly after I bought it in February of 2016. I'm not really satisfied with it anymore, mainly because I screwed up the perspective and the anatomy big time.

full

Panda Power
Another traditionally made drawing, again coloured with my beloved Copic Ciaos, also created in February of 2016. The request actually was to draw her in a onesie, but since I was too stupid to get what a onesie really is back then without checking again, this result happened, lol.

full

Chirp in the Nursery
This is, to my knowledge, the most popular of the drawings I did so far. Made back in November of 2016 and, as you can see, drawn traditionally again. I coloured the character with Copic markers and the background with coloured pencils, which got really ugly after the scan... Welp.

full

Character concept for a DL character
For completeness' sake, a quick digital sketch of a character I was suggested to create as a side character for a project of mine, done at the beginning of this month. Just ignore the anatomy and everything, it's really only a first draft for the first look I had in mind for her and which I wanted to get out of my system. I don't know in which project I'll actually use her later on and in what function, but you will probably see more of her on hopefully better artworks in the (more or less far) future.

full

I will update this topic with newer pictures when I made some, if it's desired. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Deleted member 43473, Poofybutt and 1 other person
That's not mediocre at all! I think your art is fantastic!

Reminds me of old manga covers

Reactions: Jonnythepony
Nice.

That is is no way mediocre art, it's great. You should be proud of it you've got some real talent there, and this is coming from a 3D Artist.

Nice artwork.

Gonna chime in with what others have said, this art is awesome and yeah, it is in no way mediocre :)

As I've mentioned before, there is definitely an old-school manga vibe and you draw the diapers fantastically (y)

I agree whole heartedly that is FAR FAR FAR from mediocre art its fantastic i love your style

Great! Please share more with us.

The antidote to Cupid's arrow is wedding cake.

Yeah, I think this is awesome. I can't draw to save my life but I can play piano. Anyway, your characters are really cute. Question: If you get hit by an arrow from a diapered Cupid, does that make you fall in love with diapers?

These are fantastic! It's understandable that you'd want to keep your ego in check when talking about your own work, but it's important to recognize positives in your work as well. There are enough harsh critics on the internet. You don't have to be one for yourself!

I agree with all the other rave reviews. Must be nice to have talent!

First of all, thanks to everyone for the nice comments. It's really interesting that so many people associate my works with old Manga art. :D

dogboy said:
I can't draw to save my life but I can play piano.
You see, I always wanted to play piano (especially because I really love harpsichords and heard that if you can play the piano, you can play the harpsichord, too). I unfortunately never got to it (so far). You can be really glad to have such a skill. ^^

Question: If you get hit by an arrow from a diapered Cupid, does that make you fall in love with diapers?
I'm not sure, but if it hits you while you look at a diapered person, you can certainly fall in love with them, since only the person would matter, whatever they wear. :)

CrinkleScarf said:
It's understandable that you'd want to keep your ego in check when talking about your own work, but it's important to recognize positives in your work as well. There are enough harsh critics on the internet. You don't have to be one for yourself!
I unfortunately really am not that highly conscious about how my art could seem to others and mainly see the flaws about it (especially those pertaining to perspective and anatomy, which can really irk me when it doesn't look how I wanted it to :D). There's probably not a harsher critic for my pictures online than myself. XD'

sbmccue said:
Must be nice to have talent!
Maybe, I don't know. ;)
But honestly, I say this to other people who praise me for "talent", too: I don't really think there is such a thing, at least not the way most people think it is. Everyone can draw, whether you believe it or not - the question rather is the approach one should take for themselves and the time it needs. And the discipline of wanting to draw that much that you can wade through the first time of drawing when most drawings of course won't look the way you want to.

The thing called "talent" in my experience just means that some people have a grasp of the concepts behind drawing more quickly, which anyone can catch up with enough motivation and drawing a lot. I certainly wasn't one of those people because I struggled for a very long time to draw at least a bit better (and made the mistake of taking breaks inbetween which encompassed months or even years), besides still trying to find my own style.
The long and the short of it: If you really want to draw, just do it. The most important thing is to have fun doing it and if you have fun, experience will come automatically over time, since you will try to achieve more and more with each drawing without even noticing it. :)

Reactions: littlemoosey
Midnight Express Snack said:
First of all, thanks to everyone for the nice comments. It's really interesting that so many people associate my works with old Manga art. :D

You see, I always wanted to play piano (especially because I really love harpsichords and heard that if you can play the piano, you can play the harpsichord, too). I unfortunately never got to it (so far). You can be really glad to have such a skill. ^^

I'm not sure, but if it hits you while you look at a diapered person, you can certainly fall in love with them, since only the person would matter, whatever they wear. :)

I unfortunately really am not that highly conscious about how my art could seem to others and mainly see the flaws about it (especially those pertaining to perspective and anatomy, which can really irk me when it doesn't look how I wanted it to :D). There's probably not a harsher critic for my pictures online than myself. XD'

Maybe, I don't know. ;)
But honestly, I say this to other people who praise me for "talent", too: I don't really think there is such a thing, at least not the way most people think it is. Everyone can draw, whether you believe it or not - the question rather is the approach one should take for themselves and the time it needs. And the discipline of wanting to draw that much that you can wade through the first time of drawing when most drawings of course won't look the way you want to.

The thing called "talent" in my experience just means that some people have a grasp of the concepts behind drawing more quickly, which anyone can catch up with enough motivation and drawing a lot. I certainly wasn't one of those people because I struggled for a very long time to draw at least a bit better (and made the mistake of taking breaks inbetween which encompassed months or even years), besides still trying to find my own style.
The long and the short of it: If you really want to draw, just do it. The most important thing is to have fun doing it and if you have fun, experience will come automatically over time, since you will try to achieve more and more with each drawing without even noticing it. :)

Nothing mediocre at all in there, looks very professional to me. Nice job.

I had a friend awhile back who was an amazing artist. She had SERIOUS talent and all the time she would say "My art stinks...its terrible i hate it..." and it was like borderline perfect! I can only comment on what i see!

RetroGamerGuy said:
I had a friend awhile back who was an amazing artist. She had SERIOUS talent and all the time she would say "My art stinks...its terrible i hate it..." and it was like borderline perfect! I can only comment on what i see!

That's a thing with all artists tho, we always think our own art sucks.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call this mediocre at all. It's cute and very well drawn. Good job!

If people enjoy your work after you die you have become immortal.

Your Artwork is better than mine.
I am more noted for Electronics Engineering CAD drawings, than Artwork like this.

Thanks again to all those who have replied in the meantime. It really means a lot to me and today I did another drawing inbetween as a practise:

full

I'm sorry for the lack of a real background. :D There are (wet + messy) variants of this picture, but I won't post them here, since I think that this stuff would be against the board rules. XD If someone wants to see them, send me a PM and I'll link it there.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Poofybutt
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back