Mid-90s Pampers and when was cloth-backed introduced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg you know the ABU Super Dry Kids? They are almost EXACT replicas of the 1990's Pampers Baby Dry diapers I actually wore as a toddler! 😁

Definitely one of my top favorite ABDL disposables. I have a small handful of faves lol. By and large though I wear cloth diapers because quality disposables got too 'spensive. 😢

Transition to woven nylon backing began in 1996 and completed in 2000.

Reactions: Deleted member 53140
If I remember correctly, in the States at least, Luvs was the last of the major brands to fully make the switch making plastic backed until around 2001 or 2002ish. There still might have been economy and store brands that stayed plastic, but by the mid-late 2000s virtually no plastic backed baby diapers remained of any brand.

Fluffydoves said:
Yip.

Did Libero make any cloth backed versions of the panty slip in 1999?

Yes and this was the last year SCA/Essity used the Panty Slip moniker on their baby sposies.

Fluffydoves said:
I asked someone from Poland on Ebay about when Baby Dry switched their area & they reckon December 2000. Funny as for us and Germany it was at least a year earlier.
Cyprus-based Linette extended the transition until 2003.

The first new breed of Babylino sposies produced by Mega Disposables in 2007 was plastic-backed; it lasted only 2 years as the firm quietly followed the woven nylon suit in 2010.

Fluffydoves said:
I remember being on holiday in Paris in about 2002, there were babies & toddlers wearing plastic backed nappies.
Not all major sposie makers followed the woven nylon suit at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Deleted member 53140
EternalBaby94 said:
I was in nappies also from early 1994 to mid 1996.. Pampers also, would be interested to find the specific type/version from that time..?
The diapers in 95 and 96 are definitely plastic backed for pampers. I remember now huggies diapers change to the fake cloth for hugies Supreme. But hanged to the fake cloth in around 97

SonnyCrockett said:
The diapers in 95 and 96 are definitely plastic backed for pampers. I remember now huggies diapers change to the fake cloth for hugies Supreme. But hanged to the fake cloth in around 97
1996 was a transitional year as both plastic and woven nylon co-existed for 4 years. After the start of the millennium woven nylon fabric became the dominant material for major diaper makers though a few companies such as Linette and Mega Disposables offered their baby diapers with the crinkly plastic backing until 2010.

BabyTweetyBird said:
1996 was a transitional year as both plastic and woven nylon co-existed for 4 years. After the start of the millennium woven nylon fabric became the dominant material for major diaper makers though a few companies such as Linette and Mega Disposables offered their baby diapers with the crinkly plastic backing until 2010.
Luvs made plastic ones till 2000

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
SonnyCrockett said:
Luvs made plastic ones till 2000
This is the same case for Pampers since both brands are owned by P&G. Sweet sleeping thumbsucker Lee Middleton who was the brand's mascotte since 1971 was replaced by the yellow beating heart as of March 2000.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started seeing cloth back diapers in early 1996. My next door neighbor wore them and he was born in 1993.

Reactions: Deleted member 56273
Calico said:
I started seeing cloth back diapers in early 1996. My next door neighbor wore them and he was born in 1993.

1996 is regarded by many as a transitional year for most major diaper manufacturers. The transition from polyethylene (plastic) to woven nylon fabric was completed in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back