Mens guards

eddy200

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
For those that have tried mens guards, the pads you just stick in regular underwear (or I guess lady’s styles too maybe, idk), what’s the best ones?

most absorbant? Highest capacity? Good fit, comfortable, non-leaking (as much as can be expected anyways...). And definitely for a mans anatomy.
Maybe looking for a product like this for discreet wearing (recreationally, I’m not developing any ic issues).

I’ve only used one brand, Depends, was not a fan. They felt and looked bulky and eventually didn’t work as I would leak due to excess wetting or wasn’t positioned right. I eventually went to a discrete pull-up which worked a lot better.

I have used the Tena guards. I always wear briefs anyhow so they fit those nicely. The current version of them seem plenty absorbant, I just get nervous that it won't take much to "miss" the guarded area and leak all over the place.

I think you will find they are primarily for catching the elusive drips that always seem to escape after you have finished peeing and before they magically appear on the out side of your trousers

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and Peesalot
I have used the ones from Because Market and they seem pretty good.

I cannot recommend strongly enough my go-to guard, the Seni Man Fit. Unlike other guards, these aren't just a flat pad, they enclose your penis and give you side protection for leaks whether you're standing, sitting, or even lying down. They're no replacement for a diaper, but for reliable protection from more than just dribbles, these are the best available. Love 'em. (Hence my profile pic.)

-RMS

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, DLinSecret and eddy200
RMS401 said:
I cannot recommend strongly enough my go-to guard, the Seni Man Fit. Unlike other guards, these aren't just a flat pad, they enclose your penis and give you side protection for leaks whether you're standing, sitting, or even lying down. They're no replacement for a diaper, but for reliable protection from more than just dribbles, these are the best available. Love 'em. (Hence my profile pic.)

-RMS
These look great! How’s the capacity? Also, where do you get them from? I saw them on XP medical and amazon, just wondering ...

Reactions: RMS401
eddy200 said:
These look great! How’s the capacity? Also, where do you get them from? I saw them on XP medical and amazon, just wondering ...
I wouldn't concern yourself with capacity as guards are not intended for a full wetting. I wore guards (I don't recall the brand but they were on Walmart's shelves) 13 years ago following prostate removal surgery. I had stress ic for about 6 months. They were fine for the occasional dribble when I bent over; but, I would have never trusted them if I was ic as a result of the surgery.

I wear guards when doing more rigorous exercising as even thin pull ups can chafe pretty bad with hiking or jogging. I have found that they work better when you wear them upside down.

Abena is my preference as they can hold a full wetting most of the time. They are a bit bulky though so be careful.

Seni would be my second choice, but I prefer their active guard over the man fit. The man fit actually sit between the legs which defeats the whole purpose of a guard for me which is absorbancy without any bulk rubbing between my legs. If I am going to have padding between the legs then I am just going to go pull up or diaper.

My third choice is actually depends male guards as they work better than you might expect. They will hold a small wetting and are pretty comfortable. I really wish more brands would do gray or even blue rather than plain white.

Last edited:
I'm not much of a guards person but I do like the double stop XL from north shore, I got some as samples with an order and wound up ordering a bag of them to keep on hand for certain occasions. If you want something a little bit bigger they also have what they call underwear liners, they are more diaper like and fit nicely in your regular underwear. I use the 2xl size and they actually work fairly well for their intended purpose.

eddy200 said:
They're my absolute favorite guards and can't understand how flat pads protect against anything but the smallest dribbles. These keep your penis in place, padded and protected.

As for where I buy them. I've gotten them from Amazon, Healthy Kin, Wholesale Point … pretty much whoever has the best price at the moment. If NorthShore carried them, I'd only get 'em from them. But I get pretty much all my other incon products from them.

-RMS

Reactions: MJwheels
Peesalot said:
I wouldn't concern yourself with capacity as guards are not intended for a full wetting. I wore guards (I don't recall the brand but they were on Walmart's shelves) 13 years ago following prostate removal surgery. I had stress ic for about 6 months. They were fine for the occasional dribble when I bent over; but, I would have never trusted them if I was ic as a result of the surgery.
I've never measured the actual capacity, but the Seni Man Fit probably hold about 10 ounces or so. Certainly not a full bladder release. But their containment is so good that I trust them for short releases and for "pressure release" when needed. They're very discreet, too. Love 'em.

-RMS

I've always thought these a good solution, worn inside a snug fitting pair of brief's or panties. Molimed pouches for men.

Attachments

• IMG_2064.jpgguard.jpg
    IMG_2064.jpgguard.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 18
  • guard2.jpg
    guard2.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 17
lupin said:
I've always thought these a good solution, worn inside a snug fitting pair of brief's or panties. Molimed pouches for men.
I've often wondered about these, but always worried about "pop outs" when sitting or lying down. Do you not find that to be an issue?

-RMS

When my incontinence started getting bad, I found some vintage Attends Belted Guards at a GoodWill ... they were plastic backed, felt like vintage baby diapers, and held more urine that other guards I had tried.

Now-a-days I still have some of them left ... they make excellent temp diapers if I only need one for an hour or so .

No 'pop outs' to date, I use them mostly if i'm out and about walking, making sure that I have fitted them correctly and that they are a snug fit and stuck fast to the inside my panties ( prefered ) , but it's always nice to get home and change into my regular nappies.

Back