Guest viewing is limited
  • Guests can only view a limited number of pages. Please log in or register to remove this limit.
  • 2 guest views remaining

Megamax vs Sunkiss Masterpiece

DLScottsman said:
Switched the white in my next auto-ship to these. Will they come in the other colors as well?
Yes. hope to launch more colors and/or prints starting next year.

• Love
Reactions: paddedup, Edgewater, depta99 and 1 other person
Bigguydl said:
Is the plastic the same on the sunkiss diaper? Or is it stiffer than the megamax?
I can't comment as to how MegaMax USA plastic compares to Sunkiss. The weight is the same used for original MegaMax from China, but it's from a different supplier and has slightly different feel. Interested to hear feedback on how it compares.

Reactions: Diaperman95, LeifErikson, dbcl92 and 2 others
Bigbabybret said:
Awsome to see the USA version is live, next order will be the USA version for sure!

I think the USA production will be a great seller for sure.

Any idea when the other colors and sizes may be resdy to go in the US?
Hoping to launch at least one new color in early 2025 an additional color and/or print about every 6 months after that.

Size Small will be ready in May 2024, but XS, 2XL and 3XL are planned for 2025-2026.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: yellowcrayons, Diaperman95, kraken98 and 6 others
@NorthShoreAdam Once again, you're proving that NorthShore is committed to excellence in every way, including supporting your own country's economy and manufacturing. Well done, sir! I hope that the US MegaMax versions will outsell all the other products you offer put together.

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95, Edgewater, depta99 and 1 other person
Do you want an exceptional company with good customer service and a phone number to call and a company that can back their products. Or do you want to go on and click buy for the sun kiss brand and save ten dollars each time and every time. Do you like a company that holds your hand or does that not matter to you as much as overall cost?
Ask yourself this, for lunch do you want McDonald’s or an expensive burger place that’s more fresh where you can sit in.

• Thinking
Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
qwertyqwerty said:
Do you want an exceptional company with good customer service and a phone number to call and a company that can back their products. Or do you want to go on and click buy for the sun kiss brand and save ten dollars each time and every time. Do you like a company that holds your hand or does that not matter to you as much as overall cost?
Ask yourself this, for lunch do you want McDonald’s or an expensive burger place that’s more fresh where you can sit in.
I have no idea where you're going with this train of thought. You're presenting this in a way that sounds like you think the options equally good, but yet still think there is an obvious choice between them.

For me, choosing to support companies which take both their products and their customers seriously is a no-brainer, and worth a few extra bucks, although it is undeniably true that this adds up over time. It is an investment in the future availability of great products. Likewise, choosing products made in my own country, where possible, is also a no-brainer, and if it costs a little more, it's an investment in the future economic solvency of the nation where I live, something none of us should take for granted.

For me, that is presently LLMedico and Tranquility, though I've used NorthShore in the past and can vouch for the excellence of the company and its offerings. I never liked the MegaMax for reasons unrelated to its country of manufacture, but will likely give these two new US made options a try, though the snark in me says that the 6 hour MegaMax Lite sounds a lot like the Tranquility ATN.

I am grateful for people like @NorthShoreAdam and the folks at LLMedico (I've forgotten their names, and don't think they're here anyway) who are doing the best they can to pad bottoms without fleecing wallets by selling garbage and refusing to give customer service. That's worth a few extra bucks to support, all day long.

Reactions: Diaperman95 and Edgewater
Bigguydl said:
Is the plastic the same on the sunkiss diaper? Or is it stiffer than the megamax?
OK taking a look (I have one pink Sunkiss and few MMAX left). ....

Definitely not the same, close but not the same. The shade of pink on the Sunkiss is slightly darker, closer to a 'hot pink' while the MMAX is slightly lighter, has more white in it. I prefer the MMAX color. . Feel? hard to say might be subjective but I'd give the edge in softness to the MMAX.

Weight (dry,medium,pink) 215g Sunkiss 212g MMAX ... that could be within the margin of error of my scale

Since in the USA they're about the same price (when purchased at Amazon for the Sunkiss and NS for the MMAX), I'm going with MMAX from now on, as I am very impressed with NorthShore as a company. Plus they have other diapers I like as well, the MMAX air lock, and the NS Supreme. Looking forward to trying the "lite" version of plastic backed MMAX.

• Love
Reactions: NorthShoreAdam, Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
PadPhilosopher said:
I have no idea where you're going with this train of thought. You're presenting this in a way that sounds like you think the options equally good, but yet still think there is an obvious choice between them.

For me, choosing to support companies which take both their products and their customers seriously is a no-brainer, and worth a few extra bucks, although it is undeniably true that this adds up over time. It is an investment in the future availability of great products. Likewise, choosing products made in my own country, where possible, is also a no-brainer, and if it costs a little more, it's an investment in the future economic solvency of the nation where I live, something none of us should take for granted.

For me, that is presently LLMedico and Tranquility, though I've used NorthShore in the past and can vouch for the excellence of the company and its offerings. I never liked the MegaMax for reasons unrelated to its country of manufacture, but will likely give these two new US made options a try, though the snark in me says that the 6 hour MegaMax Lite sounds a lot like the Tranquility ATN.

I am grateful for people like @NorthShoreAdam and the folks at LLMedico (I've forgotten their names, and don't think they're here anyway) who are doing the best they can to pad bottoms without fleecing wallets by selling garbage and refusing to give customer service. That's worth a few extra bucks to support, all day long.
Agreed LL Medico is awesome and shares many values with NorthShore. That's why they were first in USA to add NorthShore to their site.

MegaMax Lite could not be further from Tranquility ATN in the way that they are made. While they may sound similar, it's worth trying both as they will perform very differently (drying time, wicking time, wicking amount, leak guards, plastic strength, sagging, tapes, etc...).

• Love
Reactions: FrenchFriedOnion, Jonnythepony, Edgewater and 2 others
NorthShoreAdam said:
Agreed LL Medico is awesome and shares many values with NorthShore. That's why they were first in USA to add NorthShore to their site.

MegaMax Lite could not be further from Tranquility ATN in the way that they are made. While they may sound similar, it's worth trying both as they will perform very differently (drying time, wicking time, wicking amount, leak guards, plastic strength, sagging, tapes, etc...).
Can't wait to try this. I love MMAX but really they're more than I need capacity wise, I use the NS Supreme, but this sounds even better. I really prefer plastic. Can you say if they're sized the same as regular mmax?

NorthShoreAdam said:

Tapes and plastic strength are admittedly areas where Tranquility will lose pretty easily in a serious competition, though I've learned to work with it. Thanks for the information. My curiosity is thoroughly piqued!

Reactions: Edgewater and depta99
depta99 said:
Can't wait to try this. I love MMAX but really they're more than I need capacity wise, I use the NS Supreme, but this sounds even better. I really prefer plastic. Can you say if they're sized the same as regular mmax?
New MegaMax Lite will be exact same physical dimensions as new USA MegaMax 12 hour, which are pretty darn close to a match to the Chinese MegaMax. That said, even minor differences, especially in the crotch can cause the fit and leak prevention to feel different.

Additionally, any thinner product tends to feel looser than the thicker version as the reduced padding allows more room inside, even if the dimensions are identical if you lay the diapers flat on a table and measure.

Reactions: Edgewater, depta99 and PadPhilosopher
NorthShoreAdam said:
That said, even minor differences, especially in the crotch can cause the fit and leak prevention to feel different.
This is why I plan to try these, even though the Chinese ones didn't work for me there. I'm hoping those minor differences will, for me, be an improvement.

Reactions: NorthShoreAdam and Edgewater
NorthShoreAdam said:
Hoping to launch at least one new color in early 2025 an additional color and/or print about every 6 months after that.

Size Small will be ready in May 2024, but XS, 2XL and 3XL are planned for 2025-2026.
Perhaps you could put a blurb on the item page about the upcomming additional versions, of course with the *estimated* being adressed, or even a whole page on the website that has a list of items in the works and estimated dates when available (and a * on the product page with ref to the main page)

I personally like to see that the company is working towards new things and/or sizes and styles, of course nothing "Secret" or that would give away something to spoil a launce or give corp secrets away. But i think it shows that the company is spending resources in expanding and/or improving things for thier customers.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
NorthShoreAdam said:

PLEASE make us a baby blue/medical blue!!! I cannot wait to get these new USA ones with indicators!

• Love
Reactions: Diaperman95, LeifErikson, depta99 and 3 others
I tried the megamax USA version, and so far, welcome the changes!

I can’t say it’s too much different from the original, but noticed these changes:

- The plastic is different. It’s a bit crinklier than the original, and almost reminds me of an abu plastic shell. Slightly less discreet than the original

- I typically wear a large in most brands, and like many, wear a medium in the megamax. Sizing seems to be nearly identical, but actually fits a bit better I think

- The tapes are quite a bit stronger than the original. I was semi concerned I could rip the landing zone repositioning but it didn’t

- lastly, I’m enjoying the wetness indicator. Cool addition to the product

Overall, I’m pleased with the slight changes to the megamax, and very happy to support a product made in the USA! Capacity and comfort are still top notch

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, NorthShoreAdam and PadPhilosopher
Small edit, I figured it out! Reminds me of the fit we get from crinklz with a similar smooth plastic. Haven’t worn a crinklz in a while, so my comparison could be off. Excited to hear other opinions!

LeifErikson said:
Small edit, I figured it out! Reminds me of the fit we get from crinklz with a similar smooth plastic. Haven’t worn a crinklz in a while, so my comparison could be off. Excited to hear other opinions!
I know @Edgewater and @Diaperman95 will have thoughts worth hearing on the subject, as they are MegaMax aficionados. 😆

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, Diaperman95 and LeifErikson
PadPhilosopher said:
I know @Edgewater and @Diaperman95 will have thoughts worth hearing on the subject, as they are MegaMax aficionados. 😆
y
LOL!... Well I got my samples to try today and I must say so far I am loving them. Then again I only have had it on 3 hours or so and I have not drank a lot today as my gastroparesis is flared up at the moment. So it is not real wet yet. I have noticed the plastic is way softer. In fact if you closed your eyes and I handed you one you might very well mistake it for cloth. They fit a bit better around the legs and in the crotch. It is not a huge difference but you can notice. They seam to lay down flatter to my butt and not be as noticeable under my jeans. I have not yet got to take one to capacity just yet but the little bit I have went my skin is dry as can be. I think this is one of the things that NS MM excels at that other extended wear diapers lack. I cant speak of sunkiss or Trest as I have not tried them and really have no desire to. But Rearz, better dry, incontrol, total dry beyond500 and many more as the diaper gets a few wettings the top sheet feels wet against the skin far faster than Mega Max. They do it while the diaper will still hold another wetting or two. Mega max I feel keeps the skin the dryest the longest and until the diaper is full. As for the crinkle sound being more of less as above it was stated to be louder, I do not notice as I am deaf to high-pitch and soft sounds anyway. The wetness indicator I suppose is nice for those who are using them to care for other or have some one caring for them. I myself can tell when I am do and change. I have noticed most of the time on extended wear as eers they change well before the diaper is full. Like you are wet for sure but if you are trying to get every penny out of your diapers then you want to fill them up. At least at home anyway, in public I let them get super bulging but at home I get all I can out of them. On the print they no longer say NorthShore on the wings, now it is on the wetness indicator and it also says Mega Max and the size diaper printed on the. I think that is a smart Idea as you can look at them on a shelf in a nursing or care facility as well as verify what size their patient has on. They look to be Identical in the cut and placement of the tapes and landing zone. I think a lot of the different feel is the softness of the plastic. It just hugs your body so much better.

I will check back in tomorrow after I tell you how they did over night. I will most likely be up until 1am or so and I will change for a new one to last tell morning. Then tomorrow I have a huge day planned I have doctors and hour away from home in OKC. My hip doctor and then I am seeing a new neurologist plus we will most likely stop and eat. I am sure before the weekend ends I will have tried them for loose stool as well. I also do it in my sleep sometimes. Any way I will catch up with you and all the community when I have more info.

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, LeifErikson and NorthShoreAdam
Diaperman95 said:
y
LOL!... Well I got my samples to try today and I must say so far I am loving them. Then again I only have had it on 3 hours or so and I have not drank a lot today as my gastroparesis is flared up at the moment. So it is not real wet yet. I have noticed the plastic is way softer. In fact if you closed your eyes and I handed you one you might very well mistake it for cloth. They fit a bit better around the legs and in the crotch. It is not a huge difference but you can notice. They seam to lay down flatter to my butt and not be as noticeable under my jeans. I have not yet got to take one to capacity just yet but the little bit I have went my skin is dry as can be. I think this is one of the things that NS MM excels at that other extended wear diapers lack. I cant speak of sunkiss or Trest as I have not tried them and really have no desire to. But Rearz, better dry, incontrol, total dry beyond500 and many more as the diaper gets a few wettings the top sheet feels wet against the skin far faster than Mega Max. They do it while the diaper will still hold another wetting or two. Mega max I feel keeps the skin the dryest the longest and until the diaper is full. As for the crinkle sound being more of less as above it was stated to be louder, I do not notice as I am deaf to high-pitch and soft sounds anyway. The wetness indicator I suppose is nice for those who are using them to care for other or have some one caring for them. I myself can tell when I am do and change. I have noticed most of the time on extended wear as eers they change well before the diaper is full. Like you are wet for sure but if you are trying to get every penny out of your diapers then you want to fill them up. At least at home anyway, in public I let them get super bulging but at home I get all I can out of them. On the print they no longer say NorthShore on the wings, now it is on the wetness indicator and it also says Mega Max and the size diaper printed on the. I think that is a smart Idea as you can look at them on a shelf in a nursing or care facility as well as verify what size their patient has on. They look to be Identical in the cut and placement of the tapes and landing zone. I think a lot of the different feel is the softness of the plastic. It just hugs your body so much better.

I will check back in tomorrow after I tell you how they did over night. I will most likely be up until 1am or so and I will change for a new one to last tell morning. Then tomorrow I have a huge day planned I have doctors and hour away from home in OKC. My hip doctor and then I am seeing a new neurologist plus we will most likely stop and eat. I am sure before the weekend ends I will have tried them for loose stool as well. I also do it in my sleep sometimes. Any way I will catch up with you and all the community when I have more info.
I wore them a bit longer today and could not agree more about them hugging better as well as the smoother plastic. Their noise I'm still trying to gauge, but having had longer to wear, I'm thinking it's comparable to the original, possibly a bit quieter even. I'm glad you've had a good experience so far!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Diaperman95 and PadPhilosopher
So, I’m curious, NS rep didn’t really comment on whether sunkiss is a “knockoff” version, or their perspective of the 2 diapers… with moving production to US, one thought would be that they are trying to get away from China copying their products, but since they say the China version isn’t going anywhere, that doesn’t seem to support that hypothesis, necessarily… so, wondering if there is any feedback from @NorthShoreAdam to better understand the difference in these products or if they are an attempted copy or not… understand if there may be legal reasons not to say, but if they also if they are an unapproved copy than I’m significantly more likely to not try them and encourage others not to support that either…

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Back