Megamax vs Sunkiss Masterpiece

I12BLittle89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I seem to remember that the Megamax quality went way down. Thinner padding, shorter leak guards and various other things. I’m wondering if Northshore fixed these issues and/or Sunkiss is just as good as the original Megamaxes (for cheaper I’ve read). I assume sizing is about the same between the two. I’ve read enough and I believe I’ll try a sample of the small before I buy a whole bag. Thanks.

• Thinking
Reactions: goodnitedog, PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
Oh no! Say it ain't so! I have megamax (and trest) on my wishlist for a loooong time. Shipping to Israel makes it verrrry expensive. The pics people upload of them look so damn good. Do I need to remove megamax from my perpetual to-buy list?

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Edgewater
HugeBulge said:
Oh no! Say it ain't so! I have megamax (and trest) on my wishlist for a loooong time. Shipping to Israel makes it verrrry expensive. The pics people upload of them look so damn good. Do I need to remove megamax from my perpetual to-buy list?
Slow down. I’m not the person to ask. The source I found on Reddit was from a year ago and Northshore said they’ll look into it. They never got back on that sub. So I’m left hanging. The fact that the owner was involved has me wondering if after a year it’s been fixed.

• Thinking
I’m new to UIC but the megamax is a great product but it needs to be at the right price I pay £2.15 per unit at present they run big I wear medium in everything else except megamax I wear a small and it can last up to 12hrs nice and soft massive 2” leak guards and it swells up when wet but the 1st 50%of usage is quite discreet

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and I12BLittle89
moorey said:
I’m new to UIC but the megamax is a great product but it needs to be at the right price I pay £2.15 per unit at present they run big I wear medium in everything else except megamax I wear a small and it can last up to 12hrs nice and soft massive 2” leak guards and it swells up when wet but the 1st 50%of usage is quite discreet
So the person who posted to reddit showed the old vs new megamaxes and showed the differences. The old had the 2” tall leak guards. The new had 1” leak guards. So it appears that’s been fixed from what you’re saying. Sure enough about sizing. You say you typically wear M. Very few brands have small but I feel like medium is too big on me. So I’m going to try the small sample just to make sure. Thank you.

• Angry
  • Wow
I12BLittle89 said:
So the person who posted to reddit showed the old vs new megamaxes and showed the differences. The old had the 2” tall leak guards. The new had 1” leak guards. So it appears that’s been fixed from what you’re saying. Sure enough about sizing. You say you typically wear M. Very few brands have small but I feel like medium is too big on me. So I’m going to try the small sample just to make sure. Thank you.
Your welcome there’s plenty of Megamax on uTube

• Wow
Reactions: PadPhilosopher
Havent heard about Sunkiss, will pick up a pack and try them out. Was always and still am a huge fan of Megamax's so excited to try them.

I find Sunkiss masterpiece
& megamax the exact same diaper
same plastic same tapes
same leak gaurds
same padding
same absorbency
My guess they are made in the exact same factory

Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Edgewater and I12BLittle89
SparkyDog said:
I find Sunkiss masterpiece
& megamax the exact same diaper
same plastic same tapes
same leak gaurds
same padding
same absorbency
My guess they are made in the exact same factory
That’s what I’ve read is the consensus. Generally Sunkiss is cheaper though. Which is why I might try those because who doesn’t want to save money?

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and SparkyDog
The plastic is slightly different. I find the Megamax slightly softer than Sunkiss. Sunkiss is also ever so slightly larger on me.

But I agree it is probably from the same factory.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, I12BLittle89 and Edgewater
I12BLittle89 said:
I seem to remember that the Megamax quality went way down. Thinner padding, shorter leak guards and various other things. I’m wondering if Northshore fixed these issues and/or Sunkiss is just as good as the original Megamaxes (for cheaper I’ve read). I assume sizing is about the same between the two. I’ve read enough and I believe I’ll try a sample of the small before I buy a whole bag. Thanks.
One is allowed to develop poor memory as it is part of getting older.
There has been no such changes to NorthShore and if anything, they are only getting better.
With the rumored pending release sometime this year, MegaMax will continue its long standing quality and dedication to the IC market place!

As a long time wearer of NorthShore MegaMax, the only change I have seen was between Series 1 and Series 2 as they increased the landing zone and lighten up the printed color of the term: MegaMax on the side wings.

Sunkiss is a China knock-off of MegaMax and like all China knock-off as they run-out of the MegaMax specified materials, the product will be seen to complete a standard China based quality demise. Enjoy the cheap prices of Sunkiss today. But, you had better stock-up as future runs will be lesser of a product.

Last edited:
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, ucfguy475 and Alastair
HugeBulge said:
No, you will not need to remove them from your wishlist as there has been no reduction in quality!

I12BLittle89 said:
This is not at all true and needs to be taken down!
There has been not such change to MegaMax!!

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and moorey
I have (in front of me) both the medium, pink MMax and Sunkiss. They seem to be identical in size, but there are a few differences.

• The blue line on the core seems to be different lengths
  • The landing on the MMAX is about half an inch wider (goes a bit further down the diaper
  • The shade of pink is slightly different
  • the MMAX says 'Northshore' on the wings

Performance wise, I've used both and I don't know why but I get better luck with the mmax, although they're both excellent. Since the price is basically identical (3.30 for sunkiss in 10 packs versus 3.35 for mmax) I go with NS mmax due to their excellent service.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher, moorey and 1 other person
On a related topic, to better control costs and quality, we have just launched a USA version of MegaMax in the original 12-hour version. Only significant difference is replacing the printed logos on wings with fadeaway printed wetness indicator down the center line. 6-hour LITE version coming in a few weeks, also with plastic-backing. Love to hear feedback. Expect, there may need to be a few tweaks to any new product. China version not going anywhere anytime soon.

• Love
Reactions: Ashton84, IncredibleBulk, Remington1911 and 11 others
NorthShoreAdam said:
On a related topic, to better control costs and quality, we have just launched a USA version of MegaMax in the original 12-hour version. Only significant difference is replacing the printed logos on wings with fadeaway printed wetness indicator down the center line. 6-hour LITE version coming in a few weeks, also with plastic-backing. Love to hear feedback. Expect, there may need to be a few tweaks to any new product. China version not going anywhere anytime soon.
That's great news! Especially looking forward to the lighter duty but still plastic one. Any chance you will support colors besides white in the USA made ones?

Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and JensBabyGirl
NorthShoreAdam said:
Awsome to see the USA version is live, next order will be the USA version for sure!

I think the USA production will be a great seller for sure.

Any idea when the other colors and sizes may be resdy to go in the US?

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
depta99 said:
I have (in front of me) both the medium, pink MMax and Sunkiss. They seem to be identical in size, but there are a few differences.

• The blue line on the core seems to be different lengths
  • The landing on the MMAX is about half an inch wider (goes a bit further down the diaper
  • The shade of pink is slightly different
  • the MMAX says 'Northshore' on the wings

Performance wise, I've used both and I don't know why but I get better luck with the mmax, although they're both excellent. Since the price is basically identical (3.30 for sunkiss in 10 packs versus 3.35 for mmax) I go with NS mmax due to their excellent service.
Is the plastic the same on the sunkiss diaper? Or is it stiffer than the megamax?

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
NorthShoreAdam said:
Awesome! I've been wanting an American made premium diaper for a long time. I'll definitely be ordering some of these.

NorthShoreAdam said:
Switched the white in my next auto-ship to these. Will they come in the other colors as well?

Reactions: Edgewater, PadPhilosopher and depta99
Back