Magnetic closures for abdl?

ben0510

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
HI. Just been looking at a website called magnetic me. they make clothing for babys and adults. on most of there stuff the closures are magnetic. which to me seems a good idea. just wondering if the same would work in the abdl world, with maybe magnetic closures on onesies, pjs and body suits? or maybe there is someone out there all ready doing this?.

• Thinking
Reactions: TigerDL, BBBen, mistykitty and 1 other person
MindlesslyDiapered has a you tube video with magnetic mits and diaper cover. No idea who the manufacturers are.

Definitely an interesting idea. I'll suppose there are a few reasons why this isn't more popular. For one, it looks like you have to wash the garments in cold water and can only dry them on low heat, or for a limited amount of time. That's probably because heat causes magnets to lose their magnetism. Cold water generally does a much poorer job of cleaning stuff, and for things like diapers you really want to be able to wash on hot to kill germs. I can also imagine the magnets sticking to the steel walls of the washer or dryer.

Reactions: WillFord384, TigerDL and BBBen
It's not a horrible idea but like @Cottontail mentioned temperature changes especially warm ones are not good for magnetic anythings. Best bet would be a dual type that used magnets and something else to attach as well. I can see magnetic working if the stuff were air dry clothing maybe but then you run a different sanitation risk if you don't watch out because wet surfaces attract stuff or can get moldy.

I've looked at that site before and been disappointed there wasn't really anything as an adult product I wanted. That being said, I'm kind of amazed that anything with magnets is being made and marketed to kids after all of the recalls and problems with some of the toys?

Back