Lying about age

Status
Not open for further replies.

milestails

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I have questions for you all. Being 100 percent honest I usually cut a few years off my real age on abdl accounts. I am not trying to be deceptive or anything negative about it. Understand I don't mean being a minor saying I was older or vice versa never crossed that line! More like being 29 and saying 25.. anyways let me explain. I bought diapers about 10 years ago and my abdl side has evolved and changed throughout. When I first made a public abdl account I was super paranoid about someone finding out so I put a slightly different age and changed some details. I figured if someone got some details it wouldn't be a 1 to 1 match and harder to figure out. As time went on that age sort of became my public identity, here is how I can explain it. Like most I have a little age usually 4-6 when I really regress, but my account that posts pictures of diapers and being abdl feels like its own alter ego with only a few differences to my true self. On my account info I don’t post an age, when someone asks and I haven't talked to them for very long I'll give a younger age. Usually they are even surprised at that age because the pictures look younger. I don’t show my face in anything, not that it would matter I just look young. A few true abdl friends I have made I always eventually tell them my real age after I trust them, they haven't said anything negative about it yet. To be fair, I am straight and they usually get more bummed finding out I am not gay. Sorry boys. ;)

So my question is anyone else admit to doing the same? I know it’s lying but I only mean it as a white lie. What is your honest opinion about it?

While don't necessarily lie about age, it doesn't often come up and don't tend to bring it up either.

Truth is we slide in and out of regression so much age truly is just the number of years the body has existed. Nothing more. Our emotional age (due to factors) is exceedingly young, as well as our cognitive age, identity age and all the rest.

Maybe your just taking the average age of all your facets of personality x

Reactions: Rusher
I haven’t lied about my age but I did build a bit of an alter ego on a different (non-ABDL) forum I used to frequent a few years ago. Similarly to you I initially just changed a few details irrelevant to the content of some of my posts like my location so that I wasn’t recognisable, but then I became quite active in the community and obviously couldn’t go back and say actually I’d lied about those things so had to carry on making out I lived in a different end of the country etc and ended up kind of building a character for myself. I didn’t really enjoy it though and in the end I stopped using that account and rejoined with a new username where I was honest from the off!

It’s funny how when you were real young you would stretch the heck out of your age and when you’re old you seem to start doing it again. My daughter always used to say “I’ll be such and such on my next birthday.” when she was desperately trying to be older. My 94 year old granny used to do the same and she would say “I’ll be 95 on my next birthday.”. Age does seem to be a state of mind with many of us.

milestails said:
I have questions for you all. Being 100 percent honest I usually cut a few years off my real age on abdl accounts. I am not trying to be deceptive or anything negative about it. Understand I don't mean being a minor saying I was older or vice versa never crossed that line! More like being 29 and saying 25.. anyways let me explain. I bought diapers about 10 years ago and my abdl side has evolved and changed throughout. When I first made a public abdl account I was super paranoid about someone finding out so I put a slightly different age and changed some details. I figured if someone got some details it wouldn't be a 1 to 1 match and harder to figure out. As time went on that age sort of became my public identity, here is how I can explain it. Like most I have a little age usually 4-6 when I really regress, but my account that posts pictures of diapers and being abdl feels like its own alter ego with only a few differences to my true self. On my account info I don’t post an age, when someone asks and I haven't talked to them for very long I'll give a younger age. Usually they are even surprised at that age because the pictures look younger. I don’t show my face in anything, not that it would matter I just look young. A few true abdl friends I have made I always eventually tell them my real age after I trust them, they haven't said anything negative about it yet. To be fair, I am straight and they usually get more bummed finding out I am not gay. Sorry boys. ;)

So my question is anyone else admit to doing the same? I know it’s lying but I only mean it as a white lie. What is your honest opinion about it?
Please don't do this.
Regardless of whether or not you intend it to be, lying about your DOB is deceptive, and it can cause problems later.
Examples:
- If your age is shown on your profile, you may get awkward questions about your age when it turns out to be wrong. Especially from younger ABDLs looking to only talk to people close to their age. They might feel misled.
- If you ever need to reset your password, we may ask for your DOB, and if you lied, then you may not get your account back.
- We want to have everyone's accurate DOB on file to ensure only adults register here. Lying about your DOB is a violation of our rules, and not something we can allow. Even if it is to make yourself younger, not older.
- In the past, we actually had a system which would, every once in awhile, ask you to re-enter your DOB and suspend your account if it turned out you just made up your DOB when you registered. That was part of our system aimed at preventing fake accounts / identities here. We might even bring that system back at some point. So yes, some places actually do double-check that the DOB you entered is accurate. You don't want to have to go through a process to get your account re-enabled because you lied about your DOB when signing up, and the system caught you.

Put simply, if you lied about your DOB when signing up here, message me with your real DOB and I'll update your account.
More generally, lying about it isn't wise. It doesn't matter why you'd lie about it, its still lying, and still a bad idea that can have unexpected negative consequences.

If you dig into the terms of pretty much any website or service, you'll find that you agree to be truthful when entering your information, and lying about say your DOB is a breach of their terms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back