Looking for product reccomendations please...

KrazyBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi,

I have been wearing disposable abdl nappies and on occasion medical adult nappies too. I have sampled around 80% or what the market has to offer and my favorite nappies are:

1) Rearz Barnyard (love the velcro tabs and big capacity, the cut is very comfy too)
2) Rearz Safari.
3) DottyDaiper Pride.
4) Most other Rearz.
5) LittleForBig Vintage & Baby-Cuties.

I have heard from customer support at Cuddlz that the production price has recently increased by a lot, enough so that they are unsure if they will produce any more disposables going forward. I would imagine other companies will be in the same situation going forward.

Which brings me to my question...

What washable ABDL nappies would you reccomend to me?

I have tried using bath sheets with little to no success. I bought some velco fastening diaper covers that you can add washable insters too but without leg gaurds these instantly leak when wetting.

Are there any cloth washables that have leg gaurds or something else to prevent crotch / side leakage when wetting heavily?

Ideally hoping you lovely people can reccomend to me a set of products and explain the use / reasons why and I can ditch spending ~£500 every few months on disposables.

Please include any / all other products that you think I should consider, like brand of detergent for washing, storage of used cloth nappies and all acessories you think would help.

Thanks in advance :)

Whatever increases in costs for manufacturing are likely to be temporary. In a volatile market this stuff happens plus you have companies who get GREEDY and continually jack up their prices. When the medical diaper price is relatively consistent, it's easy to read when "niche" products are skyrocketing in price.

Insofar as leaks, if you're wearing suitable waterproof pants over the cloth diapers, leaks should NOT happen! What are you wearing over the diapers?

CptKirk

none :3

Reactions: NKY2020
At the moment Just a disposable with 3 booster pads, tight fitting boxers and a body suit / baby grow (vest wth poppers in the crotch).

I agree supply / demand has its part to play, but thinking if I can find a decent cloth set-up then it will be an investment not on going cost.

Reactions: floppyfoppsie
Plastic pants are basically at least to me, a 100% must have for wearing cloth, but I also wear mine over disposables.
I’m going to link you my storefront list that shows store fronts that sell various things. Disposables, covers and etc from various countries. I say this because I don’t know what shipping looks like for you from wherever. I am mostly versed personally in North American distributors.

Babykins in Canada makes durable stuff! Ecoable is modular and has kits with covers, inserts and prefolds to give a try.
With cloth, I also tend to use disposable boosters. Helps a lot for me.

Reactions: NKY2020
Great thanks! :)

So 100% go for plastic pats over the cloth diaper.

As for the diaper itself, anything easy and simple or is it terry towling and an orgami degree? :)

KrazyBaby said:
Great thanks! :)

So 100% go for plastic pats over the cloth diaper.

As for the diaper itself, anything easy and simple or is it terry towling and an orgami degree? :)
Babykins makes prefolds you pin, Velcro latch ones similar shaped to disposables and pull ups. There are of course pros and cons for each style. Babykins also sells plastic pants to use with their diapers, since they do not have a shell or are water proofed.

Ecoables uses plastic snaps in a row so you can customize rise (how high the diaper sits on you) and waist fit ( how tight the diaper is to your waist) for their exterior shells (which have a pocket to snap in inserts or put in prefolds folded into an insert) and an inner snap cloth diaper that is shaped similar to their shells but made of cloth that you put the shell over for extra protection.

Some people find that diapers with a PUL or otherwise waterproof layer are harder to wash and dry. I have Babykins pull-ups they are easy to wash and dry.

Make sure when washing these products you use a gentle wash and no fabric softener as the textiles as deteriorate and loose absorbency over time due to build up of product.

I store my cloth stuffs in something called a wet bag. A soft plastic bag that zips to be smell proof and too can be washed.

Some great tips there, thank-you!

My concern is leg cuffs. Or rather the lack of them, as a heavy flood wetter the disposable leg cuffs keep all the fluid in while its being absorbed, are there cloth versions of this, or will I just end up leaking at the groin / leg instead?

KrazyBaby said:
Some great tips there, thank-you!

My concern is leg cuffs. Or rather the lack of them, as a heavy flood wetter the disposable leg cuffs keep all the fluid in while its being absorbed, are there cloth versions of this, or will I just end up leaking at the groin / leg instead?
Plastic pants! They have elastics for leg cuffs. They keep it contained!

Back