Looking for a good plastic backed brief that won't break the bank. Opinions?

Raven801

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have used a lot of expensive plastic backed briefs like north shore and I'm hoping to find something new to try as I can't seem to find better dry in large in stock anymore. And they where my go-to for a decent brief for a decent price. My insurance provides atn's and there ok with the provided boosters but for long excursions like long drives or movies they can get overwhelmed....and honestly there not the best for my bad days with Ibs. What's your go-to for a good product at around the 2$ or less mark?

Have you looked into Seni products. Cloth backed really doesn't have a lesser role on plastic backed if you using a PUL pants. I find cloth back's stretch is good for not creating pressure points around the openings, and does a better job with relief from heat retention.

I use Incontrol Inspire Original, now BeDry. When they have gone on sale, I get them between $1.50 and $1.75. But, I am able to buy lots of cases at the sale price and store them.

For night-time or long trips you can add a booster or bump up the Elite and Mega versions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jonnythepony, iatec779, TheGuyInTheChair and 2 others
daylight said:
Have you looked into Seni products. Cloth backed really doesn't have a lesser role on plastic backed if you using a PUL pants. I find cloth back's stretch is good for not creating pressure points around the openings, and does a better job with relief from heat retention.
With IBS I've found cloth backed has some less than desired traits. I have tried many cloth backed and have found them not to work well for me. But to each there own ...thanks for the advise though ☺️

I recommend Adventure Puffs from kitnitiative.com. I pay $2.00 each with free shipping, versus $3.35 each for MEGAMAX, and the Puffs are just as good.

gobphus said:
I recommend Adventure Puffs from kitnitiative.com. I pay $2.00 each with free shipping, versus $3.35 each for MEGAMAX, and the Puffs are just as good.
Never heard of em sounds interesting 🤔 thanks for the heads up

Raven801 said:
Never heard of em sounds interesting 🤔 thanks for the heads up
Ohhh forgot to mention....plain colors preferably....I'm incontinent and generally wear my more quality briefs while at doctors visits and out in public. Prefer plain or colored nothing against those who prefer creative art but that's not what I'm looking for at this time 😜

Reactions: Constantlydamp
I use Abena M4 if i am going to be out longer than 4 hours without being able to change

Reactions: Miffy and BigAl2
Lecktroman said:
I use Abena M4 if i am going to be out longer than 4 hours without being able to change
I have used abena l4 many times . unfortunately the last few cases I've ordered it seems that have went to a thinner plastic and cheaper tapes .... Had several that would either tear where the tapes were at or the whole back would split ... really hoping it was a bad batch but it really affects my trust in them as it caused a few embarrassing situations 😞 its really sad as they where my go-to for like 6 years.

Better Dry runs out of stock often.

Reactions: Raven801
BigAl1 said:
Better Dry runs out of stock often.
Yeah right ? Found them in stock went and grabbed my wallet went back to the site to buy and they were gone already LoL 😆

Reactions: BigAl2
The BeDry are good too as mentioned. I stocked deep while they had a good sale on them.

Reactions: iatec779 and Raven801
Raven801 said:
I have used abena l4 many times . unfortunately the last few cases I've ordered it seems that have went to a thinner plastic and cheaper tapes .... Had several that would either tear where the tapes were at or the whole back would split ... really hoping it was a bad batch but it really affects my trust in them as it caused a few embarrassing situations 😞 its really sad as they where my go-to for like 6 years.
I bet it was a bad batch, i get 1 case every month and never had any issues with them not like the molicare those self destruct for some odd reason quality went down big-time.

Lecktroman said:
I bet it was a bad batch, i get 1 case every month and never had any issues with them not like the molicare those self destruct for some odd reason quality went down big-time.
Yeah no kidding the molicare super plus 10 years ago was fantastic then they slowly turned to garbage. But they can be said for a lot of diapers the tranquility atn in fact wasn't half bad when they introduced it over the years it has gotten thinner and thinner and the standing leak guards have gotten shorter and closer together and the width in the crotch has gotten skinnier and so on .. they are but a broken remnant of what they started as .... Really too bad but I also noticed that with the abena as I found a few of my abenas in a old luggage bag from 2006 and compared them side by side and WOW 😳 it's crazy ....and unfortunate

Reactions: BigAl2
slimjiminy said:
They will be loud however. :eek:
And the downside to this argument is....?🤣
Just kidding I know some people want to be discreet.

TheWaddlingDad said:
And the downside to this argument is....?🤣
Just kidding I know some people want to be discreet.
I try to be discreet but anymore I'm like fock it bi don't care I'm IC and I wear what I have to and anyone notices idgaf. Well most days 🤔

Reactions: HalMidLife, TheWaddlingDad and BigAl2
My current go-to plastic-backed disposable is Wellness Superio. These are white diapers with no wetness indicators. The plastic shell is delightfully soft and there is a generous and strong landing zone for the very reliable tapes. I find them very comfy and highly absorbent. I wear them for overnight. They are available from HPFY and LL Medico at a very low price, especially considering the premium quality.

I use to use this brand for like 6 years. They became hard to keep in stock and the company was taking my money and spending months to ship it. But the company I was buying them from was direct from the manufacture. I have not purchased from this company in the link provided. It has also been at least 4 years or more since I have used this product. But that said they was a great diaper. Better than betterdry by far. They have the same type of tapes and landing strip as mega max and incontrol. Absorbent wise I would say they are better than NS supremes was. I just looked these up for you and found this Amazing price.

I think they might be on sale as a discontinue. Not sure But they are a great diaper. looks like they might only have xl in stock 48 diapers for around 70 bucks is pretty good deal though.

Back