Little For Big new diapers

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just received some Nursery Blue from LFB. Initial impressions:
- shipping was fast (they have a warehouse in the USA and Japan) and packaging was pretty discrete. The tops of the boxes didn't quite meet though, and someone might be able to get a glimpse of the sides of the bags if they tried, so I'll give them an 8/10 for discrete packaging. the boxes are solid. (not flimsy)
- the print covers the entire shell (not just on the tape panel)
- print is just a single color - baby blue - and uses fairly thin (but not too thin) lines with lots of whitespace and is spread out enough to be well-balanced (not too busy, not too sparse)
- shell is fairly thin, and so is the tape panel, making this diaper pretty crinkly. might be easily damaged, time will tell
- standing leak guards, leg elastic, and front/back waist elastic are all good
- tapes are smaller than average, but are stickier than most (I'm NOT worried about them popping, but there may be issues with breaking, pulling off the back, being difficult to move, or even tearing the tape panel when removing, time will tell)
- padding is pretty thick - from the feel and weight it seems to be a good balance of sap and pulp, but will have to see how they handle wetting to determine swell and wicking
- size is good, they don't fall into the "larges fit like mediums" camp that a lot of diapers seem to be slipping into (MyDiaper, Little Monsters, Kiddo, BareBum, etc)
- the sides have a border band that goes end-to-end, and does NOT wave in and out, making it a reliable landmark for placing tapes consistently
- cost is about par for premium diapers. I paid $168 shipped for a case of 80, placing them right about $2/pc shipped. Payment options are a bit limited. (I think they were paypal only?)

Those of you that have tried Nursery or any of the other (AFAIK) identical base models (Little Trunks, Nursery Pink, Little Fantasy, Little Dreamers) what's your opinion?

I'll follow up on this thread after I've tested a few out and know more about performance

They are available on Amazon, and I believe they’re Prime eligible, for anyone interested.

Personally, I wasn’t the biggest fan of them. To me, they felt kind of cheap and just didn’t seem to perform well. They seemed to be geared more as a daytime diaper as opposed to an overnight diaper, and that could be part of it, but I’m sticking to what I know works best for me.

Last edited:
Just crawling out of bed this morning, in a fairly soaked nursery, here's some more first-impressions:
- they seem to have a high amount of sap - they swell quite a lot and get very firm where wet, similar to peekabu or crinklz
- they wick very well, in that regard behaving like a higher pulp diaper. most high-sap diapers seem to have wicking problems, but not these.
- capacity is good but not what I'd call extreme, they're no safari/rascals. three large wettings overnight got the padding damp to within a few inches of the back top. I think I could have thrown one more large wetting at them without too much concernm but more than that would worry me. I'd say they rate similar to ABU's most common model that includes simple and paws, which have less swell/feeldry but with about the same capacity.
- all three times I wet overnight they were high volume floods, and this diaper took them in stride. wicking was excellent, and there was no hint of a leak. no press-out was possible due to the high sap, as they swelled and immediately firmed up, locking wetness away for good. so I'm giving this padding mix a 10/10
- the tapes turned out to b extremely reliable. By morning there were no hints of tapes pulling away from the back or stretching/deforming. Also as expected, the adhesive means business, and my attempt to snug up a tape failed. great effort is required to lift a tape, and the adhesive starts separating between the tape and front panel as you peel. This means the tape only retains a fraction of its adhesive when you move it, so there's going to be a good chance it'll pop if moved. (I recall this problem on Little Monsters and Rawrz) The tapes can be moved initially, but not after they've been down awhile and given time fr the adhesive to set. So, they're extremely reliable overnight or during the day, but you're not going to be able to adjust them or snug them up. Rather than changing immediately when I get up in the morning, I often I snug up my (wet/heavy/stretched) diaper so it doesn't sag and threaten to slip down while I grab breakfast, but that's not an option with these. But that's a trade-off I'm willing to accept, I'll take "100% reliable overnight" if it means giving up adjusting them in the morning.
- despite feeling a little thin, the shell and front panel made it through the night without damage. I don't know how well they'll handle daytime wear under clothes yet though.
- they're just as crinkly when wet as when dry. they may not be suited for public wear, but I'm going to give one a try today and see how it works out.

In summary, they've got a nice feel, nice sound, nice looks, and fair price. Overall I think I really like them. I think they might have capacity problems for weekend sleep-ins, but should work fine anywhere else. And these should be totally worry-free for nighttime incontinence. (as long as you don't require extreme capacity)

PaddedBrony said:
They are available on Amazon, and I believe they’re Prime eligible, for anyone interested.

That's where I first found them, but they were only available by the bag and the price was steep. I contacted the seller to see if they had (or could list) any case options, and they directed me to their regular storefront for cases. IIRC they were listed on their store at "40% discount in full case quantities", although the price difference was even greater when compared to their single bag listings on Amazon. ($35 for a bag of 10 = $3.50/pc, whereas cases are $168 for 8 bags of 10 = $2.10/pc)

Personally, I wasn’t the biggest fan of them. To me, they felt kind of cheap and just didn’t seem to perform well. They seemed to be geared more as a daytime diaper as opposed to an overnight diaper, and that could be part of it, but I’m sticking to what I know works best for me.

They might be a little too thick for public wear, but certainly would work well for casual daywear. (though I don't know how durable the padding and shell are yet, will be testing that today) Overnight seems fine as long as you don't need extreme capacity. (and by that I mean capacity that only a small handful of diapers currently available can deliver)

Last edited:
I also tried a couple packs of the Nursery Blue. I like the tall standing leg guards, the diaper is very absorbent, I'm not a huge fan of the baby bottle print.

LFB recently released a new line which includes Little Dreamers. I have my eye on these ones and will likely order some! It's just hard at about $45 for a pack of 10 when I can get 14 Rearz Lil Monsters for $35; or 10 Forsite Under The Sea for $30.

LittleForBig seems to be a business who is working hard to drive their ABDL products and create a nice/clean image for ABDL; they seem to focus more on females wearing their LFB onesies which I think look really hot. I can totally see a market where non ABDL people (mainly teens/20s) will want to get into LFB onesies.

The fact that LFB have their own brand of diapers and pacifiers mixed in with their onesies kind of normalizes ABDL; it opens the door and makes ABDL lifestyle a bit more known and fun looking (not those pictures of middle aged men crying in a corner wearing a diaper; like me lol). I think their onesies will draw people to their storefront, who will then realize whats going on and maybe they will go ahead with the onesie order and sneak in a diaper out of curiosity.

I say we should support LFB when we can. I've ordered 2 packs of diapers and one onesie. They have some reallllly cool onesies.

https://www.amazon.ca/stores/node/1...ttleforbig&ref_=w_bl_sl_ap_ap_web_15191672011

LITTLE DREAMERS

Last edited:
neophyte said:
I also tried a couple packs of the Nursery Blue. I like the tall standing leg guards, the diaper is very absorbent, I'm not a huge fan of the baby bottle print.

LFB recently released a new line which includes Little Dreamers. I have my eye on these ones and will likely order some! It's just hard at about $45 for a pack of 10 when I can get 14 Rearz Lil Monsters for $35; or 10 Forsite Under The Sea for $30.
I say we should support LFB when we can. I've ordered 2 packs of diapers and one onesie. They have some reallllly cool onesies.

Yeah the bottle print isn't normally my cup of tea either but I prefer very lightweight art (and usually avoid solid background coloring) so those were the ones I picked. If they would have offered a mixed case I probably would have gone for that instead, just for the variety, to see if anything else "grew on me". If you like their Little Dreamers, you should also take a look at their similar Little Trunks.

neophyte said:

I've never heard of Forsite's Under The Sea. #30 is seems a little less than others. How do they compare to them?

Aren’t the little dreamers supposed to be a little higher capacity than the nursery/little trunks? They are more expensive (and not sold in cases)

bambinod said:
They might be a little too thick for public wear, but certainly would work well for casual daywear.
Overnight seems fine as long as you don't need extreme capacity.
Are they really that thick you think they might be to much for wearing during the day?

Also, I'm right between sizes [hip size, not waist] but usually wear a size down in other brands without a problem.
Could I do the same for these or should I just get the large?

I know I've said I draw the line at babyish (bottles pacifiers, ect) "AB" type diaper designs before.
But those Pink Nursery ones well I just find them really cute for some reason. 💜

TiggyCat said:
I've never heard of Forsite's Under The Sea. #30 is seems a little less than others. How do they compare to them?

I highly recommend Forsite Under The Sea. They meet all my expectations for a high absorbency diaper! After testing some I ordered a case. Forsite fit a bit nicer than LFB did, save $15 and get forsite unless you are attracted to the LFB print! If you have any specific questions I am happy to answer and help!!

Last edited:
I only wore LFB Little Dreamers once, and that was when I ordered a Deluxe Sample Pack from Wearing Clouds that allowed me to choose 10 different diapers and I chose Little Dreamers as one of them.

tomviper000 said:
Aren’t the little dreamers supposed to be a little higher capacity than the nursery/little trunks? They are more expensive (and not sold in cases)

They look identical on the storefront, though that's not the best comparison. I wish they sold a variety case.

It's unlikely though that they are different base models. The price difference is probably just due to the lower supply they have on-hand.

They don't have very good product shots on their storefront either, no pictures of individual diapers or how they look opened up for example. I'm mainly going by comparing how the 10pk bags look when I say they look the same. Also, more capacity is going to make the diapers a little larger, meaning larger bags, or fewer diapers in each bag. Since the count across the board is 10/pack, if the bags got larger it would mean they'd have to carry different size case boxes on-hand, and that's one of the ways that carrying more models on-hand starts introducing costs for them.

bambinod said:
They look identical on the storefront, though that's not the best comparison. I wish they sold a variety case.

It's unlikely though that they are different base models. The price difference is probably just due to the lower supply they have on-hand.

They don't have very good product shots on their storefront either, no pictures of individual diapers or how they look opened up for example. I'm mainly going by comparing how the 10pk bags look when I say they look the same. Also, more capacity is going to make the diapers a little larger, meaning larger bags, or fewer diapers in each bag. Since the count across the board is 10/pack, if the bags got larger it would mean they'd have to carry different size case boxes on-hand, and that's one of the ways that carrying more models on-hand starts introducing costs for them.

I mean there isn’t much to go on, but just comparing the pictures doesn’t really help determine if they are or aren’t slightly higher capacity or even slightly different cut.

I emailed littleforbig and asked the question. Here’s their reply:

“Thank you for reaching out.
The little dreamers is more heavy and thick than little trunks.”

Not a very detailed answer, but as I thought, the little dreamers/fantasy are apparently a little higher capacity and thicker.

Back