LGBTQ+ & ABDL? Or no.

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I work at a large corporation who prides themselves on being diverse, they ask employees (at their own will) to complete a 'Self Identification Questionnaire'.

The first question asked is...

Are you a member of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and/or Two Spirit communities?

Collecting this data is not required by federal legislation, however, by understanding the unique communities of our LGBTQ+ employees, we can develop policies and programs to better support the LGBTQ+ employee experience.
  • Lesbian
  • Gay
  • Bisexual
  • Transgender
  • Two Spirit
  • My community is not listed

What would you do? Say no, or say yes and select My community is not listed

There are no further follow up questions asking to explain what my community is.

Is ABDL/Age Regression nothing more than a fetish, or is it more than that? Is ABDL akin to people who like bondage in the privacy of their home, or is our lifestyle and community more akin to people who are Transgender and spend as much time as possible being themselves?

Thoughts?

I would put not listed, because they excluded straights.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: PaintedClouds, Chosen, Angelapinks and 17 others
I love my gay friends and family. I'm all for inclusiveness, but y'all gotta chill on adding extra letters. After LBGT it's like I'm playing Wheel of Fortune. "Is there an S?" "I'd like to buy a vowel?" It would be good if the letters spelled something.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chosen, BigKid25, littlemoosey and 14 others
I wouldn't say it's like being trans (i am trans)
But it's not really a fetish for everyone
I'd just say not listed to be sure

Edit: word

Last edited:
Reactions: Angelapinks and neophyte
BobaFettish said:
I love my gay friends and family. I'm all for inclusiveness, but y'all gotta chill on adding extra letters. After LBGT it's like I'm playing Wheel of Fortune. "Is there an S?" "I'd like to buy a vowel?" It would be good if the letters spelled something.

I agree 100%, and I would never expect this ABDL kink/fetish to ever actually get listed in the master reference list of all terms and sub groups. I don't think we truly fit, but in the end this is a 24/7 life style for me and it defines me to some degree.

Is this all just a kink, or is it more?

I say kink/fetish. Or if not sexual, just an obscure interest or lifestyle.

We really shouldn't call this a fetish constantly. It sets the idea that all of us do this for sexual reasons only, when a good portion of us do it because we like too. Plus honestly its sorta bad to associate wearing cute childish things with the word "fetish".

I am sure a decent chunk of people see this as something they enjoy that isn't always sexual, and to call all of us as a whole as only fetishes puts a bad taste on all of us.

I personally feel you shouldn't include this in LGBT because:
1)Its drastically different
2)Lgbt needs to focus on people being more free in general and less on labels. There is to much bickering over each person trying to get their version added in their way. Just push for the values of letting people be themselves as long as it isn't harming others and it solves a lot of things.

Reactions: lulu22, MASONJAR, Rakvirsza and 4 others
Why do people want to be identified by their sexual preferences or kinks? Someone who worked at an office I visit frequently suddenly died a few years. I didn't know he was gay until I read his obituary. At his viewing and funeral, the line of people extended into the lobby and outside the door. He was a great guy who cared about the clients and always made people comfortable.

Reactions: Freddie07601, KittyninjaW and abdilly
My sex life is my own business and your sex life is your business. Your sexual desires and your ego should be left in your car in the parking lot. You are at work, not a social event.

Reactions: KooshyX, Tommy10, Abdlchriscrinkle and 2 others
You’re absolutely right, to some degree. Gays were once arrested and prosecuted for their activities, and more recently gays were humiliated and rejected by society; they needed to come out and bring awareness and fight for their rights to be accepted and understood.

I understand ABDL is much different than being homosexual, and our community is tiny in comparison; but I see too many of us suffer due to stigma.

We're suffering just like gays though 20 years ago.. Society says we can't go out in public sucking a baby's pacifier, or carrying a baby toy to play with in public, or being pushed in a stroller barefoot. Your right though, it's no business but our own, but we need to start educating the public so the next generation of ABDL's will feel more comfortable excepting themselves. To many people are dieing because they are not excepting there "little" side! It needs to stop. They need to know it's ok to be an ABDL, they're not alone.

It varies from person to person (to some it is exactly like LGBTQ, a part of their Identity and not a "fetish") , so I would simply put "other" if I had to fill out that form (or felt like it) idk if it will ever be as acceptable to the average person as LGBTQ; but who knows, maybe in another 20 or 30 years?

Last edited:
I wonder if the Nazi's started out with a nice generic check list.

Please state your preferred religion:
Lutheran
Methodist
Baptist
Catholic
Jewish

What could possibly go wrong here. Even though I'm Bi, I don't think my employer needs to know that. Who else sees this list? Yes, I grew up in the sixties where you could be put in jail or a mental institution just for being gay, but history sometimes has an ugly way of repeating itself, especially with this political administration.

Reactions: Diaperloverj and littlemoosey
[/QUOTE]

I would put that my community is not listed.

for me this life is so much more than a sexual fetish I think it is
neophyte said:
I work at a large corporation who prides themselves on being diverse, they ask employees (at their own will) to complete a 'Self Identification Questionnaire'.

The first question asked is...

Are you a member of the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and/or Two Spirit communities?

Collecting this data is not required by federal legislation, however, by understanding the unique communities of our LGBTQ+ employees, we can develop policies and programs to better support the LGBTQ+ employee experience.
  • Lesbian
  • Gay
  • Bisexual
  • Transgender
  • Two Spirit
  • My community is not listed

What would you do? Say no, or say yes and select My community is not listed

There are no further follow up questions asking to explain what my community is.

Is ABDL/Age Regression nothing more than a fetish, or is it more than that? Is ABDL akin to people who like bondage in the privacy of their home, or is our lifestyle and community more akin to people who are Transgender and spend as much time as possible being themselves?

Thoughts?

I would put that my community is not listed.

for me this life is so much more than a sexual fetish I think it is more akin to people who are Transgender and spend as much time as possible being themselves.

but good on your work place for doing this.

hugs

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KittyninjaW and neophyte
Honestly, I'm trans (started out a lesbian, now a "straight" guy). I hate that kink is so often paired with LGBT. Like I don't mind puppies, but they're at every pride event ever. I just want the repressed/not kinky straight people to think of me as normal. No, I'm not in the bedroom, but I'm normal IRL. I work as a scientist, seem like your average straight guy who lifts weights and likes sports... I just think the kink community should remain separate. Clearly I'm ABDL, but that's separate from my sexual orientation and gender identity. Plenty of people are kinky. In fact, if less people were sexually repressed (and more people knew where the clitoris was lol), I think most people would have some sort of kink. I think most people are weird in the bedroom if they know who they are, but most people have no clue who they are.

So grats on knowing who you are, but it is not a part of the LGBT community. And yeah, too many letters since like 2008/2009. lol

@DLsecretlittle Congratulations on transitioning ❤🧡💛💚💙💜

I can appreciate what you wrote, and I agree that LGBT should remain LGBT. I think one of the hardest parts for some of us about all of this ABDL stuff is that it's always referred to as a sexual fetish/kink; but I've seen numerous members refute and deny that, myself included.

Is transitioning about sexual preference, or is it about becoming who you truly are and becoming the person you love? As messed up as it is I put on a diaper in the morning, there's nothing kinky or sexual about it. I work all day as an analyst (not quite as exciting as science), and I do it all while diapered, I shop, watch TV and do crafts diapered and with a pacifier when I am able to get away with it (Its not fun hiding this side of me) etc...

So aside from gender, how is transitioning into an 'Adult Little' different than transitioning F2M? I'm not comfortable conforming to the stereotypical adult male who needs to act and dress a certain way. I am manly but have an extremely soft and sensitive side who is comfortable when dressed in a diaper and has a pacifier. I sometimes want a bottle before bed, and to sleep in cute onesies with a diaper and a pacifier. So confusing but its nothing sexual/kinky; that's part of the dilemma.

I am not educated in transitioning, but from what I understand many transgenders feel immediate satisfaction and happiness just by simply wearing the clothes they want without being bullied and humiliated and misunderstood. That's all I and some of us here want.

Sorry for ranting!!!

Reactions: SebLittle and siysiy
neophyte said:
@DLsecretlittle Congratulations on transitioning ❤🧡💛💚💙💜

I can appreciate what you wrote, and I agree that LGBT should remain LGBT. I think one of the hardest parts for some of us about all of this ABDL stuff is that it's always referred to as a sexual fetish/kink; but I've seen numerous members refute and deny that, myself included.

Is transitioning about sexual preference, or is it about becoming who you truly are and becoming the person you love? As messed up as it is I put on a diaper in the morning, there's nothing kinky or sexual about it. I work all day as an analyst (not quite as exciting as science), and I do it all while diapered, I shop, watch TV and do crafts diapered and with a pacifier when I am able to get away with it (Its not fun hiding this side of me) etc...

So aside from gender, how is transitioning into an 'Adult Little' different than transitioning F2M? I'm not comfortable conforming to the stereotypical adult male who needs to act and dress a certain way. I am manly but have an extremely soft and sensitive side who is comfortable when dressed in a diaper and has a pacifier. I sometimes want a bottle before bed, and to sleep in cute onesies with a diaper and a pacifier. So confusing but its nothing sexual/kinky; that's part of the dilemma.

I am not educated in transitioning, but from what I understand many transgenders feel immediate satisfaction and happiness just by simply wearing the clothes they want without being bullied and humiliated and misunderstood. That's all I and some of us here want.

Sorry for ranting!!!

Well, what medical steps have you taken to become an adult little? Did you need to come out to employers? Your family? And honestly my sexual orientation plays a huge role in my transition, personally. There are studies I should find that shows brain regions in people who began gay and transitioned that are significantly resembling that of the opposite sex. The transitioners who began straight did not have those differences (this could start a whole new debate, so I don’t want to go down a big rabbit hole here).

If you decided one day you no longer wanted to be an adult little, what steps could you take to return to a normal life? Did you legally need to change anything for your transition?

I’m not saying there aren’t some similarities (I’m someone who can generally find similarities between any two things), but the communities should not merge.

Reactions: neophyte
What is “normal” according to the Cambridge Dictionary “ normal is the ordinary or usual; the same as would be expected
So is it normal to be gay? Is it normal to be ABDL? Is it normal to spend thousands on a fur suite? Or on an adult cot?
Unfortunately most of society does not see, This behaviour as what would be expected. Or stereo typical behaviour.
But that is just it stereo typical behaviour.
I am asexual but I am often asked about my wife? Or am I marred. Or I don’t have a wife. So I must be Gay.
No
And the time I have to explain what Asexual is does my head in.
So I tend to leave the hold being a Little out of that conversation.
After a long time of trying to fit in and be “normal.” I have found for me to be happy I can not behave in a stereo typical way I am not normal I am me I have rainbow laces. I am playful. I drink from a sizie cup,
So what do I do I hang out with other people that are the same, where I am excepted.

Well I gess the words to this put it well. I am what I am.

Last edited:
Reactions: neophyte
I refer to both this and furry as what I like to call “identity subcultures”. It’s definitely distinct from sexuality, but takes elements from the idea of it, merging them with fandom and creating something distinct.

It’s really a tough call on the form, though - I’d probably put not listed, specifically because it refers to ”communities” in general rather than just sexual preferences.

I agree with @ManeWulf here, a sexual identity is different from a kink, even if they are often linked in some way or another. It makes me question whether or not there is a Venn diagram that can be made with spatial variation dependent on the frequency of association, with the core sexualities being at the center (Lesbian/Gay, Trans, Bi), where they then overlap outwards with the other, smaller communities that are more or less capable of being broadened into an association with a parent sexuality as pansexual would be a subset of Bi, and so on.

As for ABDL, while there is a common linkage, it definitely should not be included. It is a private thing in every sense as a kink, where your sexuality has a determination on how you interact with and receive information from other people, the kink runs independently of necessary public reaction.

Back