"Let's talk about poop." - quoted from "diaper talk" and a perspective from an IC person.

jdlake131

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
I saw this thread and ...not that I'm completely worried about the glorifying of pooping, but wanted to add a perspective from an IC person. I know everyone looks at threads from other semi-forums, but I think when you see the headings you ignore some and just move on. I'm completely IC and have been from the beginning. I have bowel IC and thought I'd look at this one.

To be honest, after reading a couple of these threads about pooping at "Let's talk about poop," I have to say this was never a pleasure for me. But there is something about strong urgency and the unable to stop defecating. I think filling my diaper is such a natural act. While I do not find loading my diaper as fun, I do enjoy the "poo-phoria" I get when extreme pressure is finally relieved.

I'm not an abdl person and I don't find pooping as kinky. I've been wearing diapers my entire life. It's exhausting. But I guess I have to find what little pleasure I can from wearing my diapers.

• Wow
Reactions: BigKid25, CrazySmoker, Deleted member 58257 and 4 others
I have to say this was never a pleasure for me.
I gotta say, that I don't understand that fascination at all. I'm urgent bladder incontinent and have had some rare and minor BM accidents, which I hope remain rare events. I never want to become fecaly incontinent. I find that whole experience is smelly and revolting and best left in the toilet and flushed at the first opportunity.

I do have sympathy for those that have no choice in this matter.

Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle, Jonnythepony, Diaperman95 and 1 other person
Having fecal accidents at any time, is not fun, especially in public.

I think the element of not having control is what makes it unpleasurable for me.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and Diaperman95
I have interstitial cystitis and ulcerative colitis. I think a lot of what frustrates me with the relentless ABDL postings on the IC forum is that it's people fetishizing something that's physically very painful for me. It's hard to find support for my medical issues (pain, extensive bleeding, scarring, high cancer risk, surgery, constant colonoscopies and cystoscopies, and eventually probably losing my colon) from a bunch of people who want to discuss how fun it is to sit around in a dirty diaper. There's such a disconnect in experiences that I can hardly imagine most of these folks ever understanding what it is that I go through, or why a site like this is so important to someone like me.

• Love
Reactions: CheshireCat, Soarandragon, Happy2BeInNappies2 and 4 others
jdlake131 said:
I saw this thread and ...To be honest, after reading a couple of these threads about pooping at "Let's talk about poop," I have to say this was never a pleasure for me. But there is something about strong urgency and the unable to stop defecating. I think filling my diaper is such a natural act. While I do not find loading my diaper as fun, I do enjoy the "poo-phoria" I get when extreme pressure is finally relieved.
I am an little/ab, but also have had lifelong bowel accidents. I agree with you here. During an IBS episode, the relief I often feel is the cessation of pain. There’s nothing erotic about it. I do feel incredibly helpless and, in my youth during the times when I was not diapered, incredibly embarrassed and uncomfortable. I can’t understand why someone would want to stay in a messy diaper for more time than is necessary.

Reactions: Deleted member 58257
Eclectic said:
I am an little/ab, but also have had lifelong bowel accidents. I agree with you here. During an IBS episode, the relief I often feel is the cessation of pain. There’s nothing erotic about it. I do feel incredibly helpless and, in my youth during the times when I was not diapered, incredibly embarrassed and uncomfortable. I can’t understand why someone would want to stay in a messy diaper for more time than is necessary.
You make a great point. The relief of pain (bladder or bowel) is cathartic, though not erotic. It's own not complete remission of the pain - when my IC or UC is flaring, it hurts all the time - but it significantly lessens the pain.

jdlake131 said:
While I do not find loading my diaper as fun, I do enjoy the "poo-phoria" I get when extreme pressure is finally relieved.

I'm not an abdl person and I don't find pooping as kinky. I've been wearing diapers my entire life. It's exhausting.
I don't find it kinky either. It's a free country though. Do what makes you happy I guess. That "poo-phoria" thing is interesting. Thankfully I only poop when sleeping or in the morning. I do get that odd daily accident. When I get that feeling I know I'm in trouble. I get a quick urge that gives me maybe 5 minutes at most. You can call it poo-phoria and I get it that. Pressure isn't comfortable at all. But I'm with you about relief. If I have a BM accident, it's panic time.

greatlake5 said:
I don't find it kinky either. If I have a BM accident, it's panic time.
Yeah, it's not kinky. And yes, like I said, wearing diapers are exhausting.I think anyone who's diaper dependent have found some way to manage it. One of my biggest issues for me is daytime BM accidents. They're rare but if I have one, especially in public, it's "panic time."

Reactions: Jonnythepony
I have not been confirmed IC at all but as someone with IBS-D where accidents are almost a norm I can absolutely agree with everyone here. I am a DL, I wear 24/7 because I enjoy to. While I do enjoy wearing diapers, the unexpected and sudden explosion of diarrhea is humiliating, degrading and embarrassing. I work from home but when my IBS flares up I still hate it. I had an accident last night and had to tell my boss that I was going to be away from my desk due to a medical situation. It's humiliating. The idea of wanting to lose control of that area is not fun, not enjoyable, and more importantly, not something anyone should every want.

Reactions: slimjiminy and Zeke
jdlake131 said:
I don't find pooping as kinky.

May it's for someone kinky (for me absolutely not,) but sure it's stinky. And I'm not IC...

Last edited:
jdlake131 said:
Yeah, it's not kinky. And yes, like I said, wearing diapers are exhausting.I think anyone who's diaper dependent have found some way to manage it. One of my biggest issues for me is daytime BM accidents. They're rare but if I have one, especially in public, it's "panic time."
"Exhausting" is a good word for it. While changing and managing IC can become routine, there are those times it is truly exhausting, frustrating, etc.

I’ve been dual IC for about 6-1/2 years now and for the first half year I wasn’t very pleased with the prospects regarding my future. About that time I switched from disposables to gauze contours and the occasional prefold due to the havoc disposables were raising with my fixed income and having remembered how economically my wife and I cloth diapered our children. I’ve learned that if I disdain something it’ll be pure misery to deal with, but if I have a positive attitude towards it I can deal with it rather easily. I knew a change was in order if I was going to be dealing with this condition for the duration. Since then I’ve actually started to enjoy diapers, wetting (no numerous nocturnal trips to the bathroom), and now even messing is usually enjoyable. It has to be noted that I was on disability, now on Social Security, I live alone, I have very few days where I HAVE TO DO anything, and I’ve had a lifelong affinity for plastic pants. The later I now have a “legitimate” need for being cloth diapered. About 25 years ago I came across my first scat website any I couldn’t imagine how anyone could enjoy such a thing and said “not me, never”. Be careful when you say “never”. While I’m still not into many of the things explored on that website I have found enjoyment in messing my diaper, especially the relief of something that I have no control over and the feeling that my tushie sends me. It’s taken a bit of experimenting, but I now have a system that keeps the mess from moving forward and since using it I haven’t had any more UTI’s. So I figure that I may as well enjoy it becomes the mess is going to happen anyhow and I don’t get nearly as ornery this way. I do consider myself very fortunate not to experience the pain that some of you have mentioned and to have the products and facilities for dealing with this condition.

jdlake131 said:
To be honest, after reading a couple of these threads about pooping at "Let's talk about poop," I have to say this was never a pleasure for me. But there is something about strong urgency and the unable to stop defecating. I think filling my diaper is such a natural act. While I do not find loading my diaper as fun, I do enjoy the "poo-phoria" I get when extreme pressure is finally relieved.
ltaluv said:
I have interstitial cystitis and ulcerative colitis. I think a lot of what frustrates me with the relentless ABDL postings on the IC forum is that it's people fetishizing something that's physically very painful for me.
Eclectic said:
I am an little/ab, but also have had lifelong bowel accidents. I agree with you here. During an IBS episode, the relief I often feel is the cessation of pain. There’s nothing erotic about it.
greatlake5 said:
When I get that feeling I know I'm in trouble. I get a quick urge that gives me maybe 5 minutes at most. You can call it poo-phoria and I get it that. Pressure isn't comfortable at all. But I'm with you about relief. If I have a BM accident, it's panic time.

As my colon and rectum continue to decline as a result of radiation treatments for cancer years ago, I am contending more and more with fecal accidents (several times a week). The experience is completely different than my normal bowel movements. Sometimes I just sense that something is not right and when I stand I realize I've been losing soft stool (and lots of it) without even realizing it. Sometimes while standing I defecate suddenly with no sensation... an instant load appears. And sometimes I sense that I need to go RIGHT NOW and can't hold it long enough to make it to the toilet (<1 minute). Only if I sense that I need to go do I get the sense of relief afterwards.

After reading everyone's experiences, as well as looking at my own, I'm thinking that any form of fecal incontinence provides an experience that the average person doesn't normally experience or understand. Whether discussing the time leading up to needing to go (and any pain), the sense of needing to go, the sense while defecating, or the sense of relief, any or all of these aspects seem to be different for those who deal with fecal incontinence.

And of course the cleanup is completely different. As jdlake131 said, "I've been wearing diapers my entire life. It's exhausting."

Thank you jdlake131 for broaching this topic in the Incontinence Forum.

Last edited:
Back