let`s share pics of plants from around the world! what interesting plants do you have sprouting up around places you`ve seen? all plants welcome! nwn

gentletides said:
is it actually that big or is it just the perspective?
They are about an inch long.

Today's:

Attachments

• DSC_0073 Large e-mail view.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC_0017 Large e-mail view.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 4
Yesterday's (now 🤭):
DSC_0017 Large e-mail view.jpg DSC_0018 Large e-mail view (1).jpg

DSC_0018a Large e-mail view.jpg DSC_0019 Large e-mail view.jpg

DSC_0024 Large e-mail view.jpg
Noisy bugger was munching on the fence beside me.

DSC_0029 Large e-mail view.jpg DSC_0056a Large e-mail view.jpg

2011_0716b0135 Medium Web view.jpg
An old one: A chimney tree 😁
(I've got another one a tree growing out of the side of an old mill wall, somewhere)

Reactions: hoimi and theupandup
DSC_0061 Large e-mail view.jpg DSC_0071 Large e-mail view.jpg

DSC_0073 Large e-mail view.jpg DSC_0075 Large e-mail view.jpg

DSC_0084 Large e-mail view.jpg S0027079 Large e-mail view.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: hoimi and DisneyDaddy99
Blooming heather (in our backyard, last year, I think. It was bad light, but the heather bloomed particularly well):
S0278294 Large e-mail view.jpg S0288305 Large e-mail view.jpg

S0318328 Large e-mail view.jpg S0927634 Large e-mail view.jpg

20200519_155338 (2).jpg

This is a horticulture Rhododendron (Rhododendron sp.) that grows in our front lawn. Wild Rhododendron are not as full of flowers, but the flowers are very vivid pink in color.

20200523_140153 (2).jpg

Foxglove (Digitalis Purpurea) is one of my favorite flowers. When you drive to the Oregon Coast in the late spring early summer there is huge patches of Foxglove along side the road.

20200523_140208 (2).jpg

The blackberry plants in the background are distracting but celery looking plant is anything but celery. This is Angelica genuflexa (if I remember my latin correctly that means angle kneeling) it will make your knees bend, it is also called Socrotie's weed or POISON HEMLOCK!!!

Reactions: hoimi, ade and RedPandaDL
ade said:
View attachment 41332
Noisy bugger was munching on the fence beside me.

)

I think its a mason bee (not knowing where you are) if they can not find a hidey Hole they will make one if they can find soft enough wood.

egor said:
I think its a mason bee (not knowing where you are) if they can not find a hidey Hole they will make one if they can find soft enough wood.
Definitely a wasp; Norwegian wasp?
Phone pics:
IMG_20190804_124355683~2.jpg IMG_20190804_124331836~3.jpg

From last August. It's been a bit windy lately. While it's warm outside, despite the gales, it feels colder inside. I've put my quilt back on my bed 🌬️☔
I'm waiting for the churchtower flagpole to get blown down; it's a new one, the old one blew down last year 🤭

Last edited:
Strawberry flower (yay, I know the name of something! 😁)
IMG_20200526_212525424~2.jpg

Only just taken it. It's been overcast for most of the day.
My mum's mate gave her the tub of plants, but it was infested with snails and although we got a good crop, last year, most of the strawberries had already been munched by some critter by the time they were ready for picking.

Reactions: DisneyDaddy99 and gentletides
RedPandaDL said:
Around my yard.
View attachment 41162
iris
View attachment 41163
knockout rose
View attachment 41164
peony
View attachment 41165
Japanese iris?
View attachment 41166
clematis (spelling?)
some of them look similar to gladiolas
ade said:
Strawberry flower (yay, I know the name of something! 😁)
View attachment 41501

Only just taken it. It's been overcast for most of the day.
My mum's mate gave her the tub of plants, but it was infested with snails and although we got a good crop, last year, most of the strawberries had already been munched by some critter by the time they were ready for picking.
get some coper tape, old lids and some batteries. i don`t suggest using a power supply unless you know what you`re doing because it may kill them.

Last edited:
gentletides said:
get some coper tape, old lids and some batteries. i don`t suggest using a power supply unless you know what you`re doing because it may kill them
🐌
Originally, they were too tightly packed for doing anything like that and the snails were in the soil anyway (and very tiny and numerous).
Despite the plants being from the other side of the village, the snails may be the descendants of a once snail farm which used to be at the end of our street. It used to be awful to walk past it as there'd be a carpet of snails crunching underfoot.
Although they'd escaped when the property owner moved out, they stayed confined to that area for years, then one year, they seemed to spread out and they're now everywhere.

Today's pics:
DSC_0091_resize_11~2.jpg DSC_0094_resize_76~2.jpg

DSC_0105_resize_54~2.jpg DSC_0087_resize_99.jpg

DSC_0096_resize_96.jpg DSC_0103_resize_8.jpg

Reactions: hoimi and DisneyDaddy99
I got plenty of bahia, crab grass, and fireant mounds... They are not very photogenic though. Xp

• Haha
Reactions: hoimi, DisneyDaddy99 and RedPandaDL
I processed all these on my tablet; I even bought a card reader specifically for my tablet and phone. The old war wounds take their toll and the little gizmos are just less painful to use. If the colours and brightnesses as are a bit off, it's just me getting used to the new setup.

IMG_20200621_112544.jpg
A neighbour's thingymajig. They blow about like crazy in the slightest wind.

IMG_20200621_112316.jpg IMG_20200621_111744.jpg

IMG_20200621_112057.jpg

And finally, Mr Fossil:
IMG_20200621_111202.jpg
I think I found this last year or summat, as I was waiting for a taxi, and put it upon the wall for safekeeping until my return; and then, I totally forgot about it, until the other day, as I waited for another taxi and just happened to spot it 😁

I'm looking for a cost effective means of stabilizing it, if anybody knows. I've already asked about a product on Amazon (a PVA 501 glue), but I got mixed answers.

Last edited:
No close-ups, today. I'm currently backing up all my old photos and whilst reviewing, I came across these oldies, taken on a bridge camera which I came to loathe for inability to focus properly (amongst other irks); buttercups:
2013_0614a0385 Large e-mail view.jpg 2013_0614a0349 Large e-mail view.jpg
2013_0614a0343 Large e-mail view.jpg 2013_0614a0350 Large e-mail view.jpg

• Love
Reactions: hoimi and theupandup
egor said:
View attachment 40776

Wild Blackberry from the North West USA (Rubus ursinus)
Yeah, those 'Thorned weeds from HELL', as I call 'em! I bear scars from the tender touches of those plants, trying to clear foliage from our ranch's fencelines, and throughout the wooded areas.

gentletides said:
moss and mushrooms ect count too! urm... i was going to upload a photo of rosemary flowers but it`s too large X3
I've always been fascinated by carnivorous plants. From the famous 'Venus fly-trap', to those that trap insects (and other critters) inside their bowls/pitchers ('Pitcher plants'). Seems nature could do/is doing some very interesting things with evolution!

mad jealous of the farm posts.
here are some pics of trees and rocks in appalachia, if anyone's into that. next time I'm out I'll try to remember to take some pics of some appalachian wild flowers, there are some pretty ones in bloom rn.

XebgRSM.jpg

e0JfKSW.jpg

CYW5knf.jpg

• Love
Reactions: hoimi and egor
OldeHoss said:
Yeah, those 'Thorned weeds from HELL', as I call 'em! I bear scars from the tender touches of those plants, trying to clear foliage from our ranch's fencelines, and throughout the wooded areas.
That is where i got my summer mold allergies from. I to spent my summer as a kid trying to kill and remove them, except in early August when My family always had Blackberry cobbler.

egor said:
That is where i got my summer mold allergies from. I to spent my summer as a kid trying to kill and remove them, except in early August when My family always had Blackberry cobbler.
Between the damned black/raspberry infestations, and the g-damned ground/paper wasps/hornets?
I'm seriously reconsidering building me another working flame-thrower! ;-)

OldeHoss said:
Between the damned black/raspberry infestations, and the g-damned ground/paper wasps/hornets?
I'm seriously reconsidering building me another working flame-thrower! ;-)
The problem with the blackberries is you have got to kill or remove that damn crown and at least 2 feet of root past it or they just come back. My dad burned them off, then mowed the cane stubble. Two years later they where back just as strong and healthy as ever.

I had a black berry issue in my back yard and I dug the crowns and attempted to pull all of the roots I saw up. I am still pulling starts out.

Reactions: OldeHoss
Back