let`s share pics of plants from around the world! what interesting plants do you have sprouting up around places you`ve seen? all plants welcome! nwn

gentletides

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Incontinent, Other
moss and mushrooms ect count too! urm... i was going to upload a photo of rosemary flowers but it`s too large X3

starpup

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I took this pic at work back in August 2014 , that afternoon we had a light dusting of snow around town, (which is a rare occurrence here) as I was moving plants undercover and washing the snow of others to prevent them from freezing and being damaged I stopped get this pic of these snow covered plants that prefer fire over snow anyday!
(They readily release their seed after fire / extreme hot weather events)
In this picture are Australian natives called Xanthorea, or Grass trees, on average each centimetre of their blackened/charred trunks represents around a year of growth!

Attachments

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
It's me again! 😁

Just got back from shopping, but whilst waiting for the taxi to take me there, I noticed how beautiful the light was whilst looking at the flowers on our front. When I got back, I got snap-happy.

IMG_20200514_125131417~2_compress0.jpg
Don't have a clue what they are; they're growing in bucket of limestone for the central heating.

IMG_20200514_125017165~3.jpg
Bluebells now looking jaded, but with a bit of photo-majickeriness:

IMG_20200514_125017165~2.jpg IMG_20200514_125023537_HDR~2.jpg

Buttercup:
IMG_20200514_124931441_HDR~2.jpg

More yellowiness:
IMG_20200514_124949270_HDR~2.jpg
I should know the name of these cos they're everywhere, but I don't (or can't remember).

Phone pics, btw.

Last edited:

gentletides

Est. Contributor
Role
I took this pic at work back in August 2014 , that afternoon we had a light dusting of snow around town, (which is a rare occurrence here) as I was moving plants undercover and washing the snow of others to prevent them from freezing and being damaged I stopped get this pic of these snow covered plants that prefer fire over snow anyday!
(They readily release their seed after fire / extreme hot weather events)
In this picture are Australian natives called Xanthorea, or Grass trees, on average each centimetre of their blackened/charred trunks represents around a year of growth!
they look so sparkly! thanks for sharing the plants and info! super interesting. i`m a little curious how they evolved like that.

gentletides

Est. Contributor
Role

gentletides

Est. Contributor
Role
It's me again! 😁

Just got back from shopping, but whilst waiting for the taxi to take me there, I noticed how beautiful the light was whilst looking at the flowers on our front. When I got back, I got snap-happy.

View attachment 40995
Don't have a clue what they are; they're growing in bucket of limestone for the central heating.

View attachment 40996
Bluebells now looking jaded, but with a bit of photo-majickeriness:

View attachment 40997 View attachment 40998

Buttercup:
View attachment 40999

More yellowiness:
View attachment 41000
I should know the name of these cos they're everywhere, but I don't (or can't remember).

Phone pics, btw.
those are super beautiful! we have some of the yellow flowers here too. those lavender colored bluebells are super pretty, even more interesting with your amazing photo editing!

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
how did you get the picture of the bee without it buzzing away?
I had to check the exif data for this one 😁
I was about a metre away, using a Tamron 70-300 telephoto-with-macro lens on a Nikon 5100d. The photo has been cropped a fair bit, too.
Bees are usually okay around people; they're too busy to get sidetracked and start having tantrums (says a lot about internetters, doesn't it?).

Glad you like the photos.
I was chuffed with today's phone pics as I couldn't see a thing on my screen as I took them.

Last edited:

gentletides

Est. Contributor
Role
I had to check the exif data for this one 😁
I was about a metre away, using a Tamron 70-300 telephoto-with-macro lens on a Nikon 5100d. The photo has been cropped a fair bit, too.
Bees are usually okay around people; they're too busy to get sidetracked and start having tantrums (says a lot about internetters, doesn't it?).

Glad you like the photos.
I was chuffed with today's phone pics as I couldn't see a thing on my screen as I took them.
i may try to do that when i get a good camera. why not raise the screen brightness before you take photos? that`s what i usually do.