Leaks while peeing on my side

KarinFlory

Contributor
Messages
29
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
good morning,
I have always been facing this problems for the past 2 years with any kind of diapers.
Whenever I pee while I’m lying on my side, the diaper will always leak from the side no matter how new it is. It really annoys me because I know that it’s not the case with most of the people. I don’t see why I would wear my nappie incorrectly…

Any tips on how to wear diapers in a more efficient way of side-leaks free ?

Thank you
 

Karoq

Est. Contributor
Messages
51
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
This is issue with disposables as padding od only down centre. For male side sleepers cloth diapers / nappies are better. The wetness gets wicked away over the whole garment and there is absorbancy around hip area. A little more bulky but much more comfy in my opinion
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: littledub1955, SDB2014, parcelboy2 and 1 other person

KarinFlory

Contributor
Messages
29
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
Karoq said:
This is issue with disposables as padding od only down centre. For male side sleepers cloth diapers / nappies are better. The wetness gets wicked away over the whole garment and there is absorbancy around hip area. A little more bulky but much more comfy in my opinion
I will always stick with padding but I guess I could wear a plastic pant over ?
 

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Messages
3,204
Age
47
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
KarinFlory said:
I will always stick with padding but I guess I could wear a plastic pant over ?
That will help but the all round
Coverage of cloth can’t be beat for side sleeping
 
  • Like
Reactions: littledub1955

SDB2014

Est. Contributor
Messages
111
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
A few years ago I switched to cloth diapers and rubber pants at the suggestion of my wife. I too, sleep on my side and the disposable would leak due to lack of padding on the sides. The switch from plastic to rubber pants also helped as the rubber pants are tighter and the elastic is encased. It’s a little more work as she pins them on every night before bed and the extra washings, but the bed is dry in the morning. I still wear disposables during the day with plastic pants.
 
  • Like
Reactions: parcelboy2

ade

Est. Contributor
Messages
4,266
Role
  1. Other
You could try the costlier disposables for night use (Forsite, Rearz Incontrol/Inspire, ABDry, etc) in large sizes. They have a bit more padding up-front.
Terry-towelling pants with plastic pants, too. There are multiple layered terry-towelling pants. Plastic pants should be large enough so the elastics don't bite into your skin; fabric elastications, rather than enclosed, are available, but any moisture can wick into them giving comfort issues.
You can get all from Amazon, such as Haian plastic pants (in white, XL size; odd sizings, but best to start high).
UK suppliers also offer much stuff. Arizona-care have some fabric elasticated pants as well as their bedwetting nappy (scroll down):
http://arizona-care.co.uk/vspads.html
(Oldish style website, but legit)
The bedwetting nappy is okay with a booster (the material is pretty low grade, as it is with most inco stuff), but with it's hourglass shape, will work as just-in-case protection without a booster, for side-sleeping comfort.
 

KarinFlory

Contributor
Messages
29
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
SDB2014 said:
A few years ago I switched to cloth diapers and rubber pants at the suggestion of my wife. I too, sleep on my side and the disposable would leak due to lack of padding on the sides. The switch from plastic to rubber pants also helped as the rubber pants are tighter and the elastic is encased. It’s a little more work as she pins them on every night before bed and the extra washings, but the bed is dry in the morning. I still wear disposables during the day with plastic pants.
Could you give me a name of a plastic pants that is really tight and completely learn proof ? I really don’t mind very tight things, any ideas of plastic pants with adjustable strings on the legs ?
Sorry if I am unclear
 

dpcare

Est. Contributor
Messages
753
Role
  1. Incontinent
side sleeping is one of the biggest challenges for diapers someone needs to develop a diaper for side sleepers back when diapers were made of a fanfold design the padding covered the entire diaper now that diapers have an hourglass shape there is little or no padding in the wings
 
  • Like
Reactions: KarinFlory

SDB2014

Est. Contributor
Messages
111
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
KarinFlory said:
Could you give me a name of a plastic pants that is really tight and completely learn proof ? I really don’t mind very tight things, any ideas of plastic pants with adjustable strings on the legs ?
Sorry if I am unclear
We get mine from Babykins.com.
 
  • Like
Reactions: DLScottsman

Frungie

Est. Contributor
Messages
2,263
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have nothing to add, only affirmations of the prior posts that the best disposable diapers will leak for side sleepers and cloth diapers and plastic pants are the best option.
 
Top