Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
What do you like the most? And why?
Silicone or latex pacifier?
I prefer latex, but find it easier to find Silicone pacifiers.
I always liked latex better, because it feels better in my mouth.

Attachments

• IMG_20220326_184652.jpg
    IMG_20220326_184652.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Maksi45, Woncrinklz and Xaver
Silicone, no latex after taste and silicone lasts longer.

• Love
Reactions: Woncrinklz, Kittyinpink, Seasonedcitizen and 1 other person
Silicone for me; don't like the texture and taste of latex.

• Love
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and BobbiSueEllen
I prefer latex.. I use both. My nuk5 is latex, but since I have a bad latex allergy I thought I might have an allergic reaction.. nope! But my modded mams ❤ are silicone.. wish they were latex now that I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
It's silicone for me. Don't like the taste of latex. I'm sucking on my paci right now.

• Love
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, KrankyPants and BobbiSueEllen
silicone, im allergic badly to latex rubber. Ironically as a baby my original pacifier was latex. but i developed a allergy to latex during my wisdom teeth surgery , i think they used latex rubber stickers to my chest.

• Love
Reactions: KrankyPants, Seasonedcitizen and BobbiSueEllen
I like silicone. I normally wake up once or twice during the night but when I did last night, I was really sucking hard on my pacifier.

• Love
Reactions: KrankyPants
Silicone no latex after taste and I also don’t like the look of latex pacifier nipple

mdg91 said:
What do you like the most? And why?
Silicone or latex pacifier?
I prefer latex, but find it easier to find Silicone pacifiers.
I always liked latex better, because it feels better in my mouth.
How did you take apart the white nuk 5 latex paci without damaging the shield or ring part of it? I want to try this with my original nuk latex pacis because of the OG shields that they have but don't know the proper technique for taking them apart without damaging them in the process.

Reactions: BinkieBunni
Silicone for my paci and bottle nipples. Don't like the after taste of latex.

Silicone. I never liked the taste of latex binkies or nipples. Silicone lasts longer as well. I prefer an 18-24 month size rather than an adult size pacifier.

All us big babies should be using silicone. The more we are exposed to latex the more chance we have of developing an allergy.

So I'll break common silicone prefernce, because I don't like it much. Not everybody gets allergy, that's mistaken concept.

Last edited:
Latex because it’s softer - silicone doesn’t fit my narrow mouth and rubs on a few teeth so I have to clench to keep it in …. Or I need a longer stem but then it risks hitting too far back.

Reactions: BinkieBunni, longallsboy and Xaver
I can't stand latex, it feels too "squeaky" in my mouth; plus, based on use of latex pacifiers & bottle nipples by my kids, grandkids and myself, latex doesn't age well as it starts by getting sticky inside the nipple shaft & sticking shut...then the latex softens & rips open/apart easily.

By contrast, silicone lasts much longer. It's not as soft as latex but it wears like iron. Plus it's easier to clean and not subject to change in feel or structure due to temperature.

Years ago, I had a Nuk 5 in latex. It didn't last very long. 😢 Once I got the Nuk 6 in silicone, it felt like it was the best move I ever made. 🥳

Reactions: Kittyinpink
I love silicone teats! Neutral flavour and 'easy' texture..

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Latex NUK5 for me. Silicon nipples have often this small "line" that hurt my tongue.
It last only one year before becoming darker and you have to change it...
Latex ones tend to grow over time (which is perfect). It adapts to your mouth.
But some people can be allergic to latex...
Sucking is smoother on latex but I agree Latex is less nice than true transparent silicon. But often, silicon ones are not fully transparent anyway.
latex can have a "gum taste" when new

I had both but over time, I only have latex ones.

Reactions: BinkieBunni, longallsboy and Xaver
Freddie07601 said:
Silicone. I never liked the taste of latex binkies or nipples. Silicone lasts longer as well. I prefer an 18-24 month size rather than an adult size pacifier.
I use adult and toddler size pacifiers. Best experience with latex. Last longer. Shortest life span of a Mam silicone 3 nights, than it was cracked. Latex last easely 3 months.

I love the taste of rubber and it's softer. The bigger the better

Reactions: longallsboy
I wrote this and posted it on a different site. It is my opinion and thoughts only:
At the last littles' get-together there was a discussion on pacifier nipples or teats or what even you want to call them.
One person had a latex one and another (or others) had the silicone ones. A person with a silicone one ask the person about the latex one. They didn't know much about them.
Latex nipples on baby bottles and pacifiers are becoming a rare item to find. Latex allergies and finding a supply of raw latex maybe the reason for that.
Silicone on the other hand is the newest and bestest material being used for these products now. Younger people have grown up without ever having a latex nipple in their mouth.
A question was ask about the life span of the two materials. Latex does have a limited life span. More so depending on how it is stored. Sunlight is the giver and taker of life it seems. The trees latex comes from are grown in sunlight. Sunlight will shorten the life span of latex products if exposed to it for long periods of time. Actually any UV light including florescence light will shorten the life of a latex product. Higher temperature is also a de-grader of latex products.
Oils and fats such as baby oil, Vaseline, skin oils, and let's not forget bacon fat will short the life of latex.
But even properly cared for latex will breakdown over time. It is just a product that does have a life span.
What about silicone? To be honest I have not read up about it much and have not owned anything long enough to make an educated comment. From my meagre reading and knowing it is a new-ish material (it was not talked about much in my Plastics classes that I attended before 1976)...yes, I know, I am old-ish. I do however know silicone is a superior material to latex in many ways including stability in sunlight. It still is advisable to care for silicone well since you do put it into your mouth. As for oils and fats, silicone oil and silicone based lubricants are deadly. The other fats and oils do not affect it much.
So what about it, which pacifier should a person get?
The answer to that is, what do you like and want? You make that decision. Get the one you want. A pacifier is a matter of choice.
Which one do I own? Both. I do lean a little (a pun of those who are wondering) towards the latex ones but do not own many. Most of mine are silicone and I am still working on getting used to those ones. I did grow up with latex ones but know they are the harder to find product.

Reactions: BinkieBunni and WillFord384
Back