Lately (Possible Trigger Warning)

ShyGirl91

A sweet & innocent who just wants to be held
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Other
Lately I've been falling off the rails.
I've been struggling inwardly. As some of you may know, I have DID.

I'm still learning about myself and my parts.
I've had my littles since my body was physically little, and can recall my youngest alter when I was physically as young as two years old.

After my diagnosis, things suddenly made so much sense. It's like pieces of the puzzle started falling into place. I could look back and think, Well, that makes a lot of sense now.

Currently, we are aware of 6 of us. The one we just discovered has been with us for many years but we did not know she was an alter until recently. She is called a persecutor alter and also an introject alter of someone who abused me/us. She makes it hell for us in our head, bringing shame, fear, doubt, hate, confusion, and anything that causes us to want to just give up on life.

I'm currently in trauma therapy. While it has been extremely challenging (to say the least), my parts have experienced healing.

Currently, though, we're having conflicting thoughts, urges, and feelings.
Sometimes we feel like we're gonna dip out. Other times we are afraid we will fuck everything up and subconsciously self-sabotage healing.
We fight a lot against Agnes, the persecutor alter, and her "voice" we hear in our head.
It's not an audible voice but an internal one that comes in the 2nd person.

For example, a week ago or so, we were looking at an outfit online for one of the littles and the "voice", condemingly said, "You're not going to wear it anyway."
Agnes often tells us if we do certain things then God will be angry at us, leave us to suffer, punish us, that he doesn't love who we are, that my littles just need to grow up, along with words to humiliate my two year old alter for wearing and using diapers, all of my littles for wearing their clothes because, in Agnes' words, "We look ridiculous."
This causes my parts to want to hide and deny themselves.

The worst part? Due to the horrific spiritual trauma I endured in my life, I have a hard time deciphering what thoughts are true and aren't. While the good news is that my belief about who God really is has changed, Agnes', the part of me that split due to the ramifications of the trauma, is killing us.

There was a while where Agnes wasn't as loud and we were doing well, felt joy, felt more accepting of ourselves, and adult me started exercising, changed my diet from processed foods to whole, healthy foods, started cooking, journaling, and felt like we were actually, finally living life in sobriety.
I even lost 15 pounds by eating healthy and lightly exercising.

Late January, I had a PTSD attack and it feels like we are trying to claw our way back to where we were so we can move forward. Like every time we think we're good, something is like, "Bitch, that's what you thought," and shoves us back down.

We have so many thoughts and fears right now. Two of my alters aren't so sure of my therapist. One hates her. Another goes back and forth from how she feels toward her. (Right now, she's angry). My littles love her but are feeling a little unsure about things right now due to conflicting thoughts and confusion.
We've had thoughts to cease therapy or find another therapist based off of things I have read and certain feelings and thoughts we are having, but I don't want to make such a rash decision because I know how easy it is for my parts to get confused, hear something that wasn't actually said, assume the worst, etc.
I definitely know our therapist truly cares for our wellbeing and she is the first to have actually SEEN us.
We just have a shit ton of questions going through our head, doubts, fears, etc.

Lately, over the past couple of weeks, we've been exhausted and we have lost desires to do what typically brings us comfort or happiness.
Adult me dreads cooking or having to meal prep anything that takes over 10 minutes when I used to enjoy cooking and meal prepping. I find it difficult to journal. I stopped tracking my food. Stopped exercising. Have ate junk food for the past two weekends. Spending is out of control. My apartment is a wreck. Purged my food last night. Self-harmed after I'd done so well resisting that urge. All I want to do is sleep on the weekends so I don't fuck up my sobriety and so none of my parts have to feel what they feel or ruminate on what is bothering them.
I feel like I'm watching a speeding train derailing.

I apologize for this downer of a post; I just needed to vent a bit and I feel pretty safe here to do it.
If you read this, thank you for taking the time to do so.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher, LaLoneDigi and 3 others
HI YA Shygril91

My goodness sound like your having a rough time !!
Do really wish everything get much better for ya very soon !
We all do have our up & downs and in time everything does work out for the better !!
HUGGZZZ ;)🤗

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, Cottontail and ShyGirl91
Rita said:
HI YA Shygril91

My goodness sound like your having a rough time !!
Do really wish everything get much better for ya very soon !
We all do have our up & downs and in time everything does work out for the better !!
HUGGZZZ ;)🤗
Thank you, Rita. 🩷 Yes, I believe this too shall pass.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2 and PaddedRita
Can I pm

Reactions: ShyGirl91
Wow, @ShyGirl91. I'm not sure what would be "triggered" except sympathy. I can't relate to what you're experiencing though. My little side is definitely more of a "side" than a distinct identity. One thing that stands out to me from your post is your awareness of all these moving parts. You seem to know yourself, your littles, and your other identities pretty well, along with their respective needs and influences. That seems really positive--like a huge part of navigating this sort of thing.

...to a lay bunny, anyway.

I hope your therapist is available to talk with you on demand. As a longtime regular here, I'll be the last to say that forum topics aren't therapeutic, but they definitely suck when it comes to conveying a sense of presence. You sound like you could use a friendly voice.

Best wishes for whatever today might bring!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and ShyGirl91
Cottontail said:
Wow, @ShyGirl91. I'm not sure what would be "triggered" except sympathy. I can't relate to what you're experiencing though. My little side is definitely more of a "side" than a distinct identity. One thing that stands out to me from your post is your awareness of all these moving parts. You seem to know yourself, your littles, and your other identities pretty well, along with their respective needs and influences. That seems really positive--like a huge part of navigating this sort of thing.

...to a lay bunny, anyway.

I hope your therapist is available to talk with you on demand. As a longtime regular here, I'll be the last to say that forum topics aren't therapeutic, but they definitely suck when it comes to conveying a sense of presence. You sound like you could use a friendly voice.

Best wishes for whatever today might bring!
Thank you, @Cottontail 🩷. My post just had a lot of heavy stuff in it and I wanted to give a bit of a warning to help prevent anyone from being blindsided by something in there.
I do agree that it's a positive that I have gotten to know about my parts! Prior, I had no idea what was going on and none of us communicated or worked together on anything.
I appreciate you reaching out and for listening! I'm hanging in there. Just talked with my psychiatrist and she's switching my meds to see if it will help with the depression I'm experiencing. Hopefully it will help so I can continue in trauma therapy and, hopefully, find interest in things again and care for myself and my parts as I need to.

Reactions: Diprs2, diaperdude and Cottontail
ShyGirl91 said:
Just talked with my psychiatrist and she's switching my meds to see if it will help with the depression I'm experiencing. Hopefully it will help so I can continue in trauma therapy and, hopefully, find interest in things again and care for myself and my parts as I need to.
I don't have any firsthand experience with these medications, but I live with a GAD sufferer who does, so I know what an unwanted adventure it can be. Of course, when you find something that works, it really changes your life. I wish you the best!

Reactions: ShyGirl91
I'm glad you have a diagnosis, and I'm glad you feel safe enough to share this with us. You're going to fund a lot of empathy and sympathy here.

I'm sorry you're going through such a challenging time. I know it's hard to find safe places with this condition, and there are a lot of fakes out there that muddy the conversation. I hope you can find other communities and people who better understand what you're going through. We're here for you, but we're not experts.

🤗

• Love
Reactions: PadPhilosopher, Cottontail and ShyGirl91
Cottontail said:
I don't have any firsthand experience with these medications, but I live with a GAD sufferer who does, so I know what an unwanted adventure it can be. Of course, when you find something that works, it really changes your life. I wish you the best!
Thank you. I've been on countless anti-depressants and none have worked except one, and it worked for nearly 2 years (until lately). She said increasing the one I'm on won't further benefit me and she wants me to try one that targets a different part of the brain. If it helps me want to live during this difficult time, I'll give it a shot.

Reactions: PadPhilosopher and Cottontail
LaLoneDigi said:
I'm glad you have a diagnosis, and I'm glad you feel safe enough to share this with us. You're going to fund a lot of empathy and sympathy here.

I'm sorry you're going through such a challenging time. I know it's hard to find safe places with this condition, and there are a lot of fakes out there that muddy the conversation. I hope you can find other communities and people who better understand what you're going through. We're here for you, but we're not experts.

🤗
Thank you. I appreciate your kindness and support. 🩷

Back