Just trying

Wonderingabout

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
So I've been wearing baby cloth diapers as a pad essentially. There are times when urinating I just don't quite get it all out. Usually it's only a slight dribble, but sometimes it can be more. So they help catch that. But honestly, I think I just like how they feel. They do feel like I'm wearing a diaper. At least up front. I did have a conversation with the wife about them, and I think she understood that I mostly use them for the feeling instead of catching dribbles. But, I need to follow up with her to make sure.

She's had a lot going on. We both have. We just moved so we are still unboxing and organizing out stuff. We have a young niece who has shown signs of autism and is getting tested. This brought up some questions about some of my wife's behaviors when she was younger and as an adult. She's now convinced she has some form of high functioning autism. She had several people take an online autism test, and she scored well into the "probably has some form of autism" range. We're still to see how this will change anything, other than give potential answers to some behavior.

I tried to post this to just my profile, but apparently too long for that.

Reactions: Lumos and Edgewater
Can you share the link to the online autism test? I'm old and retired now so it doesn't really matter, but I suspect that I may be on the spectrum. Could explain why I don't understand people, I'm sort of asocial.

Reactions: Edgewater
This was one of them. The other was on the same site...

You may want to try an Adult sized, pre-folded, daytime weight, cloth diaper as it covers both front and back and will be more comfortable.

Remember that cloth diapers will require a diaper cover (Plastic Pants), if your dribbling begins to find its way to the surface.

Not fully emptying your bladder can be an early sign of urinary issues and it is worth talking to your MD on your next yearly check-up.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl2
Edgewater said:
You may want to try an Adult sized, pre-folded, daytime weight, cloth diaper as it covers both front and back and will be more comfortable.

Remember that cloth diapers will require a diaper cover (Plastic Pants), if your dribbling begins to find its way to the surface.

Not fully emptying your bladder can be an early sign of urinary issues and it worth talking to your MD on your next yearly check-up.
Thanks for the tip and the concern. My wife brought up the same concern. I'm not one to visit the doctor much, but next time I do, I will try to remember to mention it.

Wonderingabout said:
Thanks for the tip and the concern. My wife brought up the same concern. I'm not one to visit the doctor much, but next time I do, I will try to remember to mention it.
Your dear wife has much better instincts than you and your trying to remember is more likely to turn into, sorry forgot!

FYI: Bladder Cancer has seen a sharp rise over the last 10 years! Worsening urinary issues is no joke!

Reactions: Wonderingabout, BigAl2 and Cottontail
Belated welcome, @Wanderingabout. I've been known to line my underwear with a toddler prefold just to get a pleasant feeling of paddedness. Occasionally, while wearing one for that purpose, I'll amuse myself by dribbling into it a little and telling myself that's what it's there for. (But mostly I use those toddler prefolds for extra absorbency in larger diapers.) And yeah, best to get any leakage checked out.

Reactions: BigAl2, Wonderingabout and Edgewater
I scored 27 on the test.

Reactions: Wonderingabout and Edgewater
Cottontail said:
Belated welcome, @Wanderingabout. I've been known to line my underwear with a toddler prefold just to get a pleasant feeling of paddedness. Occasionally, while wearing one for that purpose, I'll amuse myself by dribbling into it a little and telling myself that's what it's there for. (But mostly I use those toddler prefolds for extra absorbency in larger diapers.) And yeah, best to get any leakage checked out.
Thank you for the welcome @cottontai. I do find myself doing the same with the prefold. Just a bit. I don't necessarily like the dampness. But it's really the closest I get to wearing right now.

Reactions: BigAl2, Edgewater and Cottontail
Reactions: BigAl2 and Edgewater
Hello and welcome to ADISC! I also have dribbles after peeing so I use some men's shields and guards. They work well :)

Reactions: BigAl2 and Edgewater
Back