Just bought my first AB/DL diapers and I'm worried...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hey there, so I just bought some Tykables and Dotty sample packs as I was feeling daring. They just arrived and I managed to receive them without rousing my house mates awake. I've never worn a plastic backed diaper and OH GOD THEY ARE LOUD!
I opened it up and messed around with the wings and got terrified that I'd be heard putting it on, let alone walking around in it. I may be paranoid but I can't think of a conceivable way that nobody would be able to hear it. Are they quieter when they're strapped on under clothes or will I have permanent disadvantage on stealth checks?

Any tips are welcome :)

• Haha
Reactions: Sheepies
Mouse said:
Hey there, so I just bought some Tykables and Dotty sample packs as I was feeling daring. They just arrived and I managed to receive them without rousing my house mates awake. I've never worn a plastic backed diaper and OH GOD THEY ARE LOUD!
I opened it up and messed around with the wings and got terrified that I'd be heard putting it on, let alone walking around in it. I may be paranoid but I can't think of a conceivable way that nobody would be able to hear it. Are they quieter when they're strapped on under clothes or will I have permanent disadvantage on stealth checks?

Any tips are welcome :)
There's honestly no way to completely hide the sound or bulge of a plastic backed diaper, your best bet is to just stay in your room while you wear. Wearing underwear over your diaper will kind of help but it won't completely neutralize the sound.

Tight underwear, a good fitting onesie and bulky sweatpants definitely help muffle the sound of crinkling but they don’t completely get rid of it. Carry some change or something loud and jingly with you so it’ll mask what the clothes can’t. Maybe try and wear when your roommates aren’t around so you won’t feel as anxious about it

LilxFawn said:
Tight underwear, a good fitting onesie and bulky sweatpants definitely help muffle the sound of crinkling but they don’t completely get rid of it. Carry some change or something loud and jingly with you so it’ll mask what the clothes can’t. Maybe try and wear when your roommates aren’t around so you won’t feel as anxious about it
The original intention was only when I was home alone.... thanks COVID.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and LilxFawn
Mouse said:
The original intention was only when I was home alone.... thanks COVID.

Yep. COVID has ruined diapers for everyone who can only wear while others are at work. Myself included. 😣

• Sad
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Dylan292 and Midwest82
I'll second what was said before, some comfy sweatpants and maybe a pair of briefs over your diaper will do the trick. I nearly always have a fan running in my room as well, that can create a little background noise to cover the sound of you diapering up.
Gunnar

Reactions: Midwest82 and Lyokodl
There's no way to really hide the sound.

That said, I promise you that the sound is way louder to you than it is to anybody else. If you're in your room with the door shut, nobody is going to notice. Especially with a fan on or similar background noise.

"You" will always hear it. That said, with a pair of undies over them and a pair of jeans the sound disappears to everyone around you. And it really wont be that noticeable really, unless your wiggling around and just being unsettled. Just find a spot and get comfy, noone will notice.

irnub said:
There's no way to really hide the sound.

That said, I promise you that the sound is way louder to you than it is to anybody else. If you're in your room with the door shut, nobody is going to notice. Especially with a fan on or similar background noise.
Big this!! Back when I had enough cash for a case from ABU, they seemed loud to me, but nobody else noticed... at all! Not even in close proximity!

I was wearing unicorns under my jeans the other day. They were loud and yes, others could hear them. Reality, only one person knows I wear and she could tell and commented that I was wearing. Anyone else had no clue what the sound was.

I agree with everyone else that it's louder to you than anyone else. I've worn tykables to the movies before and not one person even looked my way. But if you have any pants made from( can't remember what the actual name is) like windbreaker type material that already makes noise when you walk that will help also def tight underwear will help. Wear more than one pair over the diaper.

I find dotties are particularly loud in fairness. They aren't all that loud

You might want to get a pair of "fixin" pants, but honestly you won't hear anything in a short while. It's mostly in your head

Last edited:
I wear baggy jeans over my diapers without much noise issue ... I use high capacity plastic-backed diapers 24 / 7 .

Wear two pair of pants it would work it it get to full change

A onesie or tight fitting underwear muffles the sound a lot. But it's not completely silent. Still I wouldn't worry about housemates hearing crinkling. They're most likely thinking it's a plastic bag or something if they can even hear it in your room. Still I'd wear with some music or the tv on to mask noise.

For years I had to hide my wearing so I reluctantly only used the cloth covered diapers. On a few occasions when I did have a plastic backed diaper and wanted to go out I used a high waisted control top panty from Victoria’s Secret. But that would require you to have to hide something else. A smaller size pair of briefs that are tight should work.

If i want to quiet down my crinkle its always tight underwear or briefs and jeans...

LilxFawn said:

Good advise. The first few times I felt self-conscious, I just payed with my car keys in my pocket. As time goes by, you won't even think about it.

To piggyback off of onecho, I have a carabiner that holds my keys which I always have on my belt look. The slight jingle of keys ( I have 6 on the ring) does produce the perfect level of noise to cover up the odd sound from my diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back