J&J ending production of talc based powders North America

BobbiSueEllen said:
Q. What's black & brown and looks good on an attorney?

A. A Doberman. :LOL:
Or that old standard, “Why don’t sharks attack lawyers? Professional curiosity”.

• Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
bambinod said:
I'd bet it's less about a drop in demand than it is about the absurd size of the settlements they've been dealing with. This is just another reason production is going overseas. You just can't make a product here anymore that isn't at risk of huge legal settlements.
Dad always told me “we should hang all the crooked lawyers, the other two we could get used to”. I thought he was kidding at the time (about forty years ago), but the more I see how they operate, at least the personal injury lawyers, the more I’m sure that he wasn’t. (The Y axis on this chart is supposed to be per 100,000, not as it’s labeled at the top per 1000,000)

3FF969F8-5790-44F4-B7A7-CEFF33B5ED53.gif

ykdprdave said:
Personally any amount of asbestos is just not good imo. I’m sure as adults the trace amounts will likely do no harm, but to a child...?

I know all about glyphosate, use it quite regularly and trust me no farmer wants to go around blasting it every chance they get. It’s just a fact of modern farming, we need to control weeds or their will be a big issue when people start getting hungry. until such time someone can figure out how to control weeds magically, we’re going to have to continue spending a small fortune every year on chemicals to ensure the health and quality of our crop
I have a cousin that took over my dad’s family’s home farm and he’s gotten the farm certified organic. He uses a cover crop between the rows and though it pretty much eliminates the weeds, and greatly reduces erosion on his hilly land, his yield rates are about half what those of non organic yields in the area. About 40 years ago my father in-law was filling the sprayer to apply Atrazine to his cornfield one day when I came by and he told if they recommend a quart to the acre mix that 2 quarts should be twice as good. Fortunately that thinking, and his generation, have been replaced with GPS data plotted from combines during harvest that informs farmers as to just the amounts of fertilizer and herbicide needed so the abuse, and waste, of past years has been eliminated. It’s not feasible from a financial standpoint to farm like my father in-law did anymore let alone from the environmental side of the issue. As to the science, or lack there of, regarding this Roundup lawsuit take a look at this article:

Cornstarch is NOT the same as talc. Talc is demonstrated as more smooth and does not clump the same when wet like cornstarch.

I too stocked up when this happened, and maybe have a year or two supply. Unfortunately, I bought some online, in a case, and while it said it was talc on the photo, it already had been replaced with the cornstarch version. —anyone looking for a good deal on a case of J n J cornstarch powder?

i guess if it doesn’t work out, I won’t starve as I can always use it to cook with.

lol 😝

Last edited:
I'm curious...I wonder if those who've been studying the ovarian cancer/baby powder link have investigated the possibility that clients with the more-intense cases also had baby powder used on them as babies between diaper changes. I imagine that the powder can get into baby girls' GU tracts, too. 😲

I just bought 3 just in case they don't make it anymore.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I got 3 packs of Walmart's Parents' Choice powder-fresh baby wipes...in the pink wrapper. They smell exactly like the baby wipes from the '70s and '80s I remember smelling during babies' diaper changes. I think like BabyFresh. I forgot what Chubs smelled like...

Back