J&J ending production of talc based powders North America

Foxroxsox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur,
well, that sucks.

Corn starch can lead to yeast infections and promote certain kinds of rashes. Guys can get yeast infections, too, and a fungal based UTI is hard to treat.
Cornstarch also feels weird. I'm not a fan of feeding yeast unless I'm making beer. No Corn starch for me.

I wonder what the perfume was? Talc is easy enough to buy in bulk.

abrich

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
well, that sucks.

Corn starch can lead to yeast infections and promote certain kinds of rashes. Guys can get yeast infections, too, and a fungal based UTI is hard to treat.
Cornstarch also feels weird. I'm not a fan of feeding yeast unless I'm making beer. No Corn starch for me.

I wonder what the perfume was? Talc is easy enough to buy in bulk.
Hi Foxroxsox,

I didn't know that. I had wondered about getting hold of some corn starch powered just to see what we might be in for, but I really don't like the nouns of a fungal UTI, so I'll give it a miss!

Let's hope someone else bring proper baby powder back to the market In the US & Canada, and that this doesn't spread to this side of the Atlantic!

chuck

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
It's almost summertime and I switch to corn starch base every summer. Also there are other manufacturers/private label brands too.

ykdprdave

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Definitely a sad day. The original j&j powder is one of my favourite and definitely one of the key things that trigger my memories of growing up

but, if the product isn’t safe, I can’t say that it’s the wrong decision for them.