is this urge incontinence?

PrincessEsther

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
so like. every 2 hours or so, i kind of get really strong urges to pee, kind of out of nowhere? at least i don’t really think i even notice needing to pee until they hit. and when they do, i have to clamp down hard to hold it.

now usually, i can if i need or want to. at least for a little bit. but also, sometimes i’ll think that i can hold it, and then about 10 seconds later it all sort of comes out. so. sometimes i have urges to pee, seemingly out of nowhere, and i can’t hold them... that... does kind of sound like incontinence maybe?

i dunno. i guess i’m just asking if that experience is familiar to anybody else. i’m telling my doctor at my next visit, but yeah.

That sounds like typical urge incontinence. For me it’s very similar, except that urges can come as frequently as 20-30 minutes.
You should definitely talk to a doctor about it. The underlying reason might be benign and easy to fix or something serious that has to be treated.

Reactions: Deleted member 41919 and PrincessEsther
This is something I wonder myself. I often find myself getting the urge to go even more often than you so. I can usually hold it for some time, but trying to hold it is extremely distracting and I often feel I come close to bursting. The urge can sometimes come really quickly for me and become urgent with very little notice. The only solution for me is to not drink, but I'm always thirsty. As the other person said though, this may be urge incontinence and it wouldn't hurt to get it checked out. I would, but I have basically no access to a doctor due to my situation. As long as I can hold it usually long enough, I am basically forbidden from going for this reason. There are times I worry if I do need protection, but I don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: PrincessEsther
My case is similar but it is much more frequent than every 2 hours. So far I am still trying to find a solution, but have to manage it with Diapers in the meantime. Without them, I would be chained to the bathroom all day every day.

Hope your Dr is able to narrow down the culprit and stop it from it getting worse.

It's worth pointing out that urge incontinence, by definition, involves the involuntary loss of urine. It's also very common to have urgency without incontinence.

In any case, it's something that needs to be evaluated by a doctor. There are a variety of things that can cause it, ranging from eating or drinking things that are bladder irritants (caffeine is a big one, but there are many) all the way to interstitial cystitis.

Urgency and frequency are symptoms that you should get checked out by a urologist regardless of whether or not incontinence is also part of it.

there are a lot of really good points here. alright. absolutely going to go to the doctor and tell them about it. and. absolutely realizing this is really a thing that’s happening to me

Reactions: Weatheronthe8s
there's a few types of IC for bladder and bowels. idk what mine is i always zoned the medical talk when it came to IC because fankly medical talk so boooooring *yawns* anyway i can feel it when i need to go however my bladder and bowels never hold it long enough for me to ever make it.

if you have that symptom then its treatable idk if its urge ic but it may help you figure out your own symptoms

Last edited:
That is how it is often described yes. I get the urge to go but it then fades fairly quickly and after not feeling any urge for a few minutes I just wet no warning to clamp down and prevent it. I had it looked into years ago and it had very few physical causes and was more neurological.

I defiantly recommend going to see a doctor, I found ways to work around it and not need diapers but it is troublesome and annoying and I have gone back to using 24/7 partly out of convenience but also out of comfort. I likely would try to prevent going if it was more physical and I thought it would start to lead to more full incontinence but it has been like this since I was like thirteen and I am almost thirty-five.

Back