is powder/cream really necessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say yes as at times urine can be acidic and burn the skin but I only apply it to my genitals as that's the thinnest most sensitive skin the rest is ok as we don't have the thin skin of a baby.Although some like too because its what you would do for a baby , I don't as I'm not a adult baby I'm a diaper lover but its down to personal choice at the end of the day!

Only wearing once a night you can probably get away with not having any powder or cream, but if I go without powder and aquaphor for too long the rash is just a nightmare.

Being incont I dare not use a barrier cream. Even with it I still get yeast based rashes. I have a prescription cream for that.

It's partially a preference and partially dependent on the individual. Depending on how your skin is, you may be able to wear all day without anything to protect it, or you may not even last an hour. For me, I usually will add powder if it's hotter or I'm planning to wear for an extended time as it helps reduce the amount of sweating and just makes it more comfortable. However, if I'm only wearing for a few hours, it usually isn't necessary.

Maux said:
Only wearing once a night you can probably get away with not having any powder or cream, but if I go without powder and aquaphor for too long the rash is just a nightmare.

You'll be more likely to need cremes / barriers if you're going to be using your diaper. (much moreso for #2 than #1 - #2 is pretty much going to require some skin protection) I require powder during the day even though I'm usually dry then simply because my hips grow pimples like weeds if they're smothered with plastic and are allowed to sweat. Talc keeps this (mostly) under control for me, but I'm probably an exception here with my skin being rather moody.

I always powder up overnight, and almost never wake up dry. Some mornings I can sleep in, and spend 8+ hours in a wet diaper. My skin WILL start getting irritated from wetness by morning if I'm wearing a lower sap diaper or am especially wet, but I have yet to require lotion to prevent skin problems from developing from that, which actually surprises me. In those cases, my skin's usually back to happy within an hour of my morning change and powder-up which soothes and dries my skin. Otherwise a quick wash and change into a dry diaper and my skin's none the wiser.

If you can't shower after a diaper change, at least wash up with warm water and a facecloth to get your skin completely clean. Or use baby wiped etc if you're on the go. NorthShore often includes sample wipes with larger orders, and those short packs are really handy for cleanup on the go if you find yourself unexpectedly needing to change. You can toss them in on top of that spare diaper in your bag with no noticeable increase in size or shape.

Last edited:
I seldom, if ever, use powder any more. I used to, but my skin adapted and I no longer need it.

I personally use them both for wearing nappies 24/7 and the cream helps towards nappy/diaper rash especially if you mess ! and I love the powder smell to feel more like a Little/Toddler that I am :)

I use cream regularly, but not with every change and I powder all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back