Is it possible to become so used to being incontinent that you forget to use discretion?

After starting to wear diapers 24/7 I've become less and less concerned about being discrete. I used to wear baggy pants and shirts that covered well past my waist so my diaper would not be noticed. After a while I stopped worrying became completely comfortable and stopped stressing about it . If my waistband is showing or the bulge is obvious who really cares. I need to wear for my urinary incontinence, it's just part of me and my diapers are just part of my wardrobe. No more being embarrassed buying diapers at the store or talking about it with others. I not only need to wear but I love to wear as well and becoming comfortable with that has made my life so much more comfortable.

Reactions: Diprs2, incontinente, SDB2014 and 2 others
I try not to expose my diaper in public ( I wear a onesie to keep it hidden when I bend or stretch ) but recent I will wear gym shorts and a top when I go to the laundry room or a quick run to the store and they do not hide the fact Im diapered as you can see the bulge . It doesn’t bother me any more and no one has said anything.

I guess I am getting to comfortable in my not caring if some one notices

Reactions: Diprs2
I mean no disrespect but I wonder where you say you were an abdl prior to being ic if it has a part in it. It does seem in alot of stories or posts of those who are an ab or dl some don't have discretion and part of their lifestyle choices or the potential shame is part of it. There has been post I have seen on this page where people where some purposely do it which to me and it's my personal thoughts is it part of not pushing a kink like you can do whatever you want but purposely trying to get a reaction or purposely doing something should be avoided.

I will say from my own experiences and many that I have read of those that are just IC and those that were IC and because of that are now an ab/dl alot of people try to be very discreet and do what they can to hide the fact they need whatever absorbent products or aid to manage IC, like not everyone with iC wears a diaper/nappy I think because this page also has people who are ab/do it may seem like every does but it's a common item(me.personally even though not an abdl I have got great information on various things) . But it would be like if a person had a foley Cath or condom Cath some wear leg bags in which alot don't wear shorts so the pee bag isn't exposed and they sell covers for bags. I just think it mainly what came first though and where you are in life. I for most part have accepted having dual ic diapers are part of my wardrobe but I still do what I can to make sure before Ieave the house nothing is showing and ya in the summer if hanging around the house(I have blinds) and it's hot it might be a tee shirt and diaper day but I always keep a pair of shorts or track pants handy if something arises that I need to go outside. I am more confident than I was but still try to be discreet. There has been few times where I been super sick in a hospital setting where diapers were the least of my worry's if they showed they showed and in same.token because of my disability many healthcare providers have seen them and have had many test where they were exposed or showing because of what was being done and never really heard anyone say anything but it's not done on purpose. But for most part my hospital bag usually has short or pants and adaptive shirts(some have button sleeves for iv access)but one point I used to get alot of care through the VA and when your in patient at the VA they have PJ's(or scrubs) for patients if they want to wear them vs a gown because they understand people are modest and some are more comfortable being covered up I honestly wished more hospitals offered them because when sick is usually when leaks happen and rather their clothes vs mine ha. But in a hospital setting even if not super sick I try to be discreet but there is just some situations where it's not possible like I get a biannual spinal cord assessment and there are times during test I might be in just a tee shirt and diaper but they get it and try to minimize it but have had times other providers walk in and it not faze them.

I think even once a person accepts them alot try to be discreet but also don't stress as much. It's almost like a thing called tradecraft where when you go out you try to blend in and become almost invisible to others and how you dress a d how you act can change that. But even before I was paralyzed when I went out unless it was somewhere I been or felt comfortable in I did best to blend in and no one knew from way I dressed what I did or my background vs going to say memorial day or veterans day event I might dress differently, it's almost like stickers or decals on a vehicle it wasn't till few years ago I never put a sticker on my vehicle because the amount of Intel you can get about someone just from stickers. So if you dress undescriptive clothing most wouldn't know but if your rocking say abdl merch someone may notice but also alot of people are so focused on their lives they don't notice things around them like those that legit walk into traffic staring at their phones. it's like just as an adventure I did look at a few different types of Con conventions more curious than anything but some have on their sites even though event is private because you have to go through public spaces something to effect of being discreet..

Reactions: Diprs2
Mathew said:
After starting to wear diapers 24/7 I've become less and less concerned about being discrete. I used to wear baggy pants and shirts that covered well past my waist so my diaper would not be noticed. After a while I stopped worrying became completely comfortable and stopped stressing about it . If my waistband is showing or the bulge is obvious who really cares. I need to wear for my urinary incontinence, it's just part of me and my diapers are just part of my wardrobe. No more being embarrassed buying diapers at the store or talking about it with others. I not only need to wear but I love to wear as well and becoming comfortable with that has made my life so much more comfortable.
I am comfortable wearing all the time but I will always wear the baggy jeans and extra large shirts. That is just part of who I am, But I also wear a hip brace a lot of times under my pants or shorts. It also helps to have baggy close for that or when your joints are tight and sucks like mine do too. But I do still try hard not to show my diaper to anyone but at the same time I do not loose sleep over worrying about it either. It is what it is. This is who I am.
I am proud of myself, you and anyone else that has the confidence to be themselves and not worry what others think. I mean this day and age there are a lot more stranger things that you can see people wear than diapers. People just do not care what we wear.
WE ALWAYS JUDGE OUR SELVES THE HARDEST. Life is so much better when we just live it and stop worrying about what others think. Good for you!😍

Reactions: Diprs2 and Mathew
Teddy02 said:
As a child I forgot to go for a wee if I was playing, ending up with wet pants, and it is the same as an (near) adult. I have to wear nappies but often forget that I have had one on for several hours and it should be changed. No absolute disasters yet but it will only be a matter of time. I find them very comfortable and reliable and have worn them for over fifty years so have become habituated.
I was just the same as a kid often just being too absorbed in what I was doing I just wet my self I am very similar with nappies. I change when they get noticably heavy.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Teddy02
It has changed over the years for me as well. Diaper wearing and changes is the norm for me, and I no longer obsess over hiding them as much as I used to. That doesn't mean exposing myself intentionally in public, but not in a constant state of panic if my shirt goes untucked or there's some diaper peekage - I have other things I'm more interested in, like having fun and enjoying life! People's underwear is often exposed in public in various mundane ways, such as bending over at the grocery or intentionally such as wearing your pants below your butt as a fashion / counter culture statement, or in locker rooms at gyms. I just sport my diaper instead, aspire to change when needed and live a full and meaningful life.

I totally get the stigma many of us were indoctrinated with about diapers and how mentally taxing it can be to be in a constant state of doing everything you can to hide it, but with time, practice, experience and perhaps some intentional self reflection, you can move beyond it and live your best life without unnecessarily dragging yourself down worried about what everyone else may see or think.

Back