Is it just me or Rearz reviews seem fabricated/sketchy?

When it comes to advertising, more people should approach the matter with a healthy dose of skepticism. Not pessimism, mind you, because skepticism is more open-minded than pessimism.

We're all familiar with the ultimate goal of advertising: to sell and move product. The more cynical view would say the goal is to separate a person from their money by deceit but again, that's pessimism. One has to be wise, think, don't let the frill and thrill influence them. Bearing that in mind...

A diaper's basic job is to contain urine and feces. That's the bottom line, so to speak. Everything else is frill. Diapers can only control one mess before various factors scream for a changing...but diapers can contain multiple wettings. This is nothing nobody already knows but it's the big thing to consider here.

Four selling points, in order of importance, regarding AB/DL diapers are: performance, comfort, price and "frill". Performance-wise...the two big things are how much urine a diaper absorbs and how well the diaper contains it. But let's focus on absorption: it's a big seller (depending on a given person's priority "sliders") and most AB/DL diaper vendors focus heavily on that. It's amazing that a certain diaper vendor states their diaper can hold almost two full gallons of urine, but can you see yourself waddling in a very swollen diaper that's stressing its own tapes' holding power as they weigh on your hips to the tune of up to 16 pounds? That's how much water weighs...urine, a little more so. And with movement, there's going to be leaking, squeeze-out. And definite tattle-tale wet-diaper marks on your clothes' bottom. So, we'll say the diaper will hold that much when laying flat on a table and not taped onto or bunched around your bottom. That is what we'll call static capacity...what vendors may call "holds up to".

But the reality is: we move about, sit, walk, run, jump and so on, so static capacity won't work. We're not bedridden, we gotta live, right? Okay. So there's a more-acceptable capacity that applies, for sake of discretion in-public, for sake of comfort, for sake of not getting a rather nasty, stinging diaper rash or lugging that heavy, soggy mass around all day. Depending on activity level and discretion & comfort needed, a diaper's maximum capacity is limited, lest the wearer be more limited by increasing the diaper's condition. Let's call this dynamic capacity.

Depending on the particular diaper you wear, your activity, how fast your body processes fluids, your level of continence, etc., different diapers will have different dynamic capacities. Padding is only one factor; diaper integrity (tapes, gathers, outer shell permeability, etc.), body shape, activity level and so on are others. So, depending on all these, a diaper's dynamic capacity can range from, let's say, 40 to 65% of its static capacity. That's just fact. It's one big fact, though, before you then settle on other deciding factors, like taping system, gathers, cute look on your bum or a cute color/design (or vintage white look). Besides, as far as dynamic capacity goes, your clothes, skin and hips will thank you tremendously.

Then comes...wait for it...affordability. How well a diaper's price can fit into your "budget vs. need".

I am impressed with Rearz' InControl Elites and Northshore's MegaMax, based on overall performance, comfort and various features. Bearing in mind what we just covered, I set the dynamic capacity slider to between 50 and 60 percent for these diapers. I've seen diapers just as thick, maybe even thicker (and maybe even pricier) that can't hold a candle to them. And they're softer, more comfy for extended/overnight wear, making them "bang-for-buck". Remember most of the AB/DL diapers we had 10-12 years back, when AB/DL specific diapers were just emerging? Not as comfy, only marginally better than the medical diapers we were relegated to wearing before them.

Other diapers try to compete, and it's a very competitive field. When performance doesn't quite match the best, other vendors rely on other things: cuteness, a storyline or diversion. Yes...hype, another factor. I've been taken in by cute or misrepresented stats/image...thankfully, only by the cost of samples. But again, to be fair, some perform adequately and can fit into a given budget, whether diapers are an occasional luxury or a 24/7 lifestyle.

But all things considered, it comes down to whittling down: sampling, living & learning, settling. Because no one given diaper works for everyone. The bottom line (I love saying that in diaper talk! 🤭 ): play the field, go with what works best for you. That's what makes the market what it is. So, soak 'em if ya got 'em, mess 'em if ya must! 🥳

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerDL and neophyte
neophyte said:
@RearzJacob I have my cart (rearz.ca) ready to go with my usual products, but I cannot add the elite hybrid; are they exclusive to this other site? I ship using flex delivery (P.O. box) so I dont get free shipping and I don't want to place two different orders.

Are there any options where we can order the elite via rearz.ca?
Currently, the Elite's are only available at InControlDiapers.com except for sample packs.

Reactions: Angelapinks, BobbiSueEllen and neophyte
RearzJacob said:
Currently, the Elite's are only available at InControlDiapers.com except for sample packs.
Great to see you on this forum Jacob! I have only used the Rebel (which because of the skull / cross bones it should be called Rearz Pirate instead IMO, ha). I compared it with an M4 I wore the earlier day. The absorbency was great but the wicking ability was not as fast as the M4, IMO. Not a big deal, it did the job when I was travelling perfectly - NO LEAKS. I suppose price and the ease of ordering / customer service comes into play after this.

Since I only use disposables for long flights or skiing I only buy sample packs from a store. Rearz will not please every diaper buyer for whatever reason and these folks may have good cause for their statements. Keep hanging with us!

Reactions: TigerDL, Angelapinks and neophyte
Rearz has a new diaper company that deals with their new plain white medical diapers, I just placed my third order yesterday for my Dad and I have to say they work great and are comfortable and absorbent.

I have allways had good service from both Rearz and the new company, I think a lot of customers dealing with incontinence had issues seeing printed diapers and other ABDL products on the rearz site so they decided create a medical only site.

Reactions: Angelapinks and neophyte
Rob110 said:
Rearz has a new diaper company that deals with their new plain white medical diapers, I just placed my third order yesterday for my Dad and I have to say they work great and are comfortable and absorbent.

I have allways had good service from both Rearz and the new company, I think a lot of customers dealing with incontinence had issues seeing printed diapers and other ABDL products on the rearz site so they decided create a medical only site.

Yes I have tried them and I do love their performance but I do find the prices a bit high unless on sale I have met with Laurie a few times in the past and she has a great company and good products and does her research well. I also find the service is amazing for speed and accuracy. I am not far from her warehouse location so I may try picking up product to save shipping costs.

Reactions: AndyPandy
RearzJacob said:

Thanks for letting me know, I like the hook and loop as I find they are a bit quieter than the plastic landing pad diapers. I was really hoping to order a pack of the Elites, I'll stick with Barnyards for now! Incoming order!

P.S. Foresite dropped the markings/logo on their all white AM:pM diaper last year'ish; I understand the Elite's are for a different audience than us, so they have the size and numbers printed on the landing zone to help care takers, but I would love an all white hybrid Rearz diaper! Barnyard is the most comfortable diaper I've found.

Fingers crossed you add the Elites to rearz!

Thanks Jacob/Rearz, have a great Friday and weekend.

I have tried many of Rearz products and they have always been exactly as they were advertised. They do care about quality and do listen to customers. I am fortunate to live close to them and have been in the store (which I miss since they moved) and talked to them personally and can vouch for their dedication. There are lots of wonderful products available from different companies as well, and it is a good thing to have variety since there are so many of us out there with different expectations. I will definitely stand by Rearz though as their products are wonderful and their staff are fantastic.

Reactions: AndyPandy, neophyte and surprise35
^ Also their order fulfillment and shipping has always been sameday for me, if I order during business hours.

Speaking of which, here they are picking orders! Awesome video and fun to see how it all happens, looks like fun!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Don't know much about Rearz conduct manners. I get the Rearz i want from Amazon. Almost only option. There is also a new website. Cooshie Toosgie. Have not ordered from them yet.
Amazon price is fair for Rearz. I myself get the Lll Squirts and Monsters . I use a Northshore lg booster with them

Back