Incontrol vs betterdry

xux

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Anyone have any comparisons between the incontrol eassential or originals vs the better dry and better dry day diapers? Preferences for day or night?

Reactions: Neroforte
The incontrol hybrid is my new favorite.

You can trust it,
it's hook and loop
Soft outer plastic
It feels so soft I wake up and have to remember I am wearing one.
Also did I say you can trust them?

My only experience with better drys are crinklz. They felt amazing. Can hold a pee, but they would fall apart if you moved around in them. My wife won't let me wear my remaining ones because they leave the floof around

Reactions: Prillprillprill and xux
Hahaha she has a good reason ! Appreciate the reply thankyou.

Reactions: Pizzanque
I’d second the recommendation for InControl Essentials. I do wear BetterDry Day when I want to wear out and about … they’re the most discrete disposable I’ve found. At home, however, I’d much rather wear the InControl.

Reactions: HalMidLife and xux
I agree with the discretion of betterdry days and their ability based on what they are. I haven't tried my standard betterdry yet. The crinklz I've noticed are pretty awesome for my use overnight. Havent tried incontrol yet. Cost is more concerning at this point. Well see

Reactions: Subtlerustle
I got a free sample of the BeDrys on their website. Also got one for the nighttime ones too. So I'll see which is best before buying a pack or case.

I've heard the originals were better than the new ones here more than once. Why is that?

Pizzanque said:
The incontrol hybrid is my new favorite.

You can trust it,
it's hook and loop
Soft outer plastic
It feels so soft I wake up and have to remember I am wearing one.
Also did I say you can trust them?

My only experience with better drys are crinklz. They felt amazing. Can hold a pee, but they would fall apart if you moved around in them. My wife won't let me wear my remaining ones because they leave the floof around
You got a bad batch. I never have worn Crinklz but Betterdry are identical and I don't have any issues with them falling apart.

Reactions: JoeMusic1976 and xux
I've tried both in the past and was overly impressed. Sadly haven't had both at the same time to do a decent comparison. Betterdry day does seem popular tho. I guess each would fit a person differently. The betterdry day diapers do seem priced better too.

I have never had much luck with Betterdry. I seem to always have issues with the tapes sticking or ripping and like @Pizzanque said, I too find they tear and fall apart easily. Other than the fact that the outer plastic is nice and soft I have no use for Betterdry. I would have to say InControl are much better. I like the InControl Essential and I have also tried the older InControl Inspire+ and I like those. I also have a bag of Mega Inspire+ but haven't tried them yet. I do also want to check out the new InControl BeDry Premium. In summary I find all the InControl diapers comfortable, the tapes are really good and they have good absorbency.

Reactions: Seasblewin
Personally love betterdry and I move a lot had no problem with them so far

Reactions: NappiedTruckDriver
I do wear both, i do like both, for me Betterdry is only half the price so it is first choice. The Incontrol Essentials i use are great for nighttime, or in my case "crash-time" in bed. The InControl are louder by far, but can keep you dry for longer.

I do use Betterdry Day sometimes, too. They are very discrete and an alternative to my Attends Active 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neroforte and xux
The Incontrol is a great diaper but one must also take into consideration that it also costs considerably more than the BetterDry.

Reactions: slimjiminy, Jonnythepony and xux
CptKirk said:
You got a bad batch. I never have worn Crinklz but Betterdry are identical and I don't have any issues with them falling apart.
I’ve actually had the same exact problem with BetterDrys, for years. If you get up and down a lot, go for a long walk, or anything where you move your butt, the plastic will get thin in the back and eventually split. It doesn’t happen all the time, but occasionally you’ll end up with a suddenly lighter diaper and smelly SAP beads down your pant leg. Plastic pants would delay the issue until change time ;)

Still my favorite all-around diaper though.

• Wow
Reactions: JoeMusic1976
CptKirk said:
Same here. BetterDry are my go-to for night time and I never had any fall apart

Reactions: CLPP and BuffedBaby
growlycub said:
I’ve actually had the same exact problem with BetterDrys, for years. If you get up and down a lot, go for a long walk, or anything where you move your butt, the plastic will get thin in the back and eventually split. It doesn’t happen all the time, but occasionally you’ll end up with a suddenly lighter diaper and smelly SAP beads down your pant leg. Plastic pants would delay the issue until change time ;)

Still my favorite all-around diaper though.
I can't say that I have experienced this.
I have been using BD for years for nights predominantly.
Even on long transatlantic flights I wear the BD for convenience
and I have never ever had one split, let alone come apart.

I have used Better Dry diapers for years and never have had a BetterDry split on me. Note that it fits me well and that is my highest priority in selecting a diaper. If you are having recurring splits it is likely that it is not well sized for you or you are overly tightening the tapes.

Reactions: Jonnythepony, TexasDiaperLover and NappiedTruckDriver
I’ve never had BetterDry split for me. Abena and XP 5000 I have, though XP was a while back. Incontrol cost too much and are louder compared to BetterDry, so can’t by a daily driver but once in a while at night or weekend wearing.

Reactions: Neroforte
Amazing how there are so many opposite views on the same product. I wonder if it's difference in the small vs large size production?

Reactions: diaperwoody and NappiedTruckDriver
jdinvirginia said:
I have used Better Dry diapers for years and never have had a BetterDry split on me. Note that it fits me well and that is my highest priority in selecting a diaper. If you are having recurring splits it is likely that it is not well sized for you or you are overly tightening the tapes.
Yep same here they’re my night time nappy at work/home and trips out over 3 hours and never had one split
I also wear large with booster

theancientmariner said:
I got a free sample of the BeDrys on their website. Also got one for the nighttime ones too. So I'll see which is best before buying a pack or case.

I've heard the originals were better than the new ones here more than once. Why is that?
How did you get free samples?

Back