I'm idiot of the day

Sissyleslie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
I nominate myself as Idiot of the day. After lunch, I decided to watch some television.

I pressed the TV remote control, but nothing happened. I tried several more times, but still the same result. I came to the conclusion that the batteries had expired. The idea came to me that I could take the batteries out of the other remote control and use those instead. Wrong size! I needed AAA - sized batteries, not AA.

Looking at where the TV was plugged in, it finally dawned on me what had happened. I had turned on the socket into which the Blu-Ray player was plugged in, but NOT the one for the TV. Doh!

Mind you, this is not the most stupid thing that I've done in the past couple of years - I once turned up at work, forgetting that I was supposed to be on holiday!

I also once convinced myself that I was late for my lift to work at 8:50am. However, when I turned up at my work colleague's, who was going to give me my lift into work, he answered the door in his pyjamas. It was only 8:00am!

I'm just wondering what other stupid things I will end up doing...

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Edgewater and KBoy
I really want to respond to this, but baby I have all of that beat consistently and thoroughly. I simply don't know where to begin. If those things make you the idiot of the week, then I deserve the noble prize for idiocy. I could go on and on and on. I feed my dog cat food and my cat dog food. I get on a elevator and tell the elevator operator " I'll take it from here"

Reactions: Edgewater
KBoy said:
I really want to respond to this, but baby I have all of that beat consistently and thoroughly. I simply don't know where to begin. If those things make you the idiot of the week, then I deserve the noble prize for idiocy. I could go on and on and on. I feed my dog cat food and my cat dog food. I get on a elevator and tell the elevator operator " I'll take it from here"

No disrespect but are you the late, great Rodney Dangerfield? I have borderline aphantasia and I still can't read this out of his voice!

• Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Sissyleslie, KBoy and 1 other person
Today I despaired after breaking a nail when jabbing the screen of my phone whilst throwing a tantrum at a piece of software with a rubbish UX.

That was pretty idiotic but moreso given as the exact same thing happened yesterday (looking at my right hand makes me quite sad right now)

It's been a tough few days...

Reactions: KBoy and Edgewater
Welcome to the Wonderful World of being Human!! The more precise we become with support systems for support systems, the more that they fail us.

Remember that for each dangerous piece of equipment there is an OSHA safety manual to assure that an idiot doesn't screw-it-up. But, then two idiots get together and create a new form of double idiot.

Let not your heart be broken - as there is someone out there that is having an even worst moment!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, KBoy and Anemone
KBoy said:
Take it from here? Hahaha!

• Haha
Reactions: GabyinPurple and KBoy
My sister once had a boss whose wife bought bread, saw it was squished when she got home. Photocopied each slice to send to the bakery that "made it wrong" !! D'oh! My mom, as secretary in cardiology dpt, once typed a notice of a " staph meeting" ( not staff).

• Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and KBoy
My head often stays in bed a little while longer than my body...... sometimes, all day long! 🤭

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and KBoy
Thanks everyone. I think that one of my biggest problems is that I tend to rush things. One of the most common of my mistakes is when I go to the petrol station shop in my village. I will often return to the house and discover that the thing I was planning to get is the one thing that I'd forgotten. I guess that I should take a more measured approach to things, calm down, not rush and plan ahead.

• Love
Reactions: KBoy, BobbiSueEllen and Edgewater
Sissyleslie said:
Thanks everyone. I think that one of my biggest problems is that I tend to rush things. One of the most common of my mistakes is when I go to the petrol station shop in my village. I will often return to the house and discover that the thing I was planning to get is the one thing that I'd forgotten. I guess that I should take a more measured approach to things, calm down, not rush and plan ahead.
And, as you get older you will find that making a list helps greatly, until you forget and leave it at home!!

• Haha
Reactions: Sissyleslie, chamberpot and NappiedTruckDriver
Edgewater said:
And, as you get older you will find that making a list helps greatly, until you forget and leave it at home!!
Or leave your glasses at home and can’t read the list

• Haha
Reactions: KBoy and Edgewater
My mom calls it, having a senior moment.

Reactions: KBoy and NappiedTruckDriver
Back