If you wake do you get up at night!

I get up. My wife does not like me diapered in the bed. At the moment this is not a real problem, it was worse before.

I rarely wet the bed, so i do not wear. But to be honest, if not for my wife, i would wear and use a diaper at night perhaps as a convenience solution, i need to get up at least once, but up to five times a night.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater
If I’m awaken by my bladder which is very rare, it’s a lost battle anyhow as my bladder just releases regardless of what I want, so I don’t bother getting out of bed.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Wetshisbed
I don’t bother to get up. I just lay there and use my diaper.

Reactions: Diprs2, chamberpot and Wetshisbed
Well,
three things might happen.
I wake up already peeing - I usually just let it continue to happen...
I wake up a little - I Realize the urge - But get back to sleep (and probably wet the bed in my sleep, a few moments later.)
I wake up and go to the toilet - I can't initiate a stream without sitting on the toilet or on the ground :(

Reactions: Diprs2
if I wake up I slide up a bit do my thing then back to bed. Walking would be too painful so rather use it when having a bad night.

I will get up and go not only does it keep the diaper dry but it keeps your skin happy.

CrossfireHurricane said:
I'm just wondering why you're so interested in this here at the IC forum? If you are, perhaps you could have posted on the abdl forum. If you do have an intelligent IC question, no foul.
Beyond wondering about your interest, I hope your difficulties get better. Some people have trouble getting to sleep. Others awake several times during the night. I don't really have any difficulty for sleeping. Even though I have BM's while in bed almost daily. It's rare to awake while having one. I think I only went to the bathroom like once when I had a diarrhea accident. Never used the toilet. It was only to change my diaper.

As for your interests, since you're wearing a diaper every night, I wouldn't be worrying about being a bedwetter. It's fairly common. Waking up and not getting to the bathroom, why the question? Most IC members don't worry as long we have sufficient protection. I might be thinking that you're just trying to make IC people post for DL questions.

PTSDSurvivor413 said:
Try a Tykable. Those things don’t ever leak
I can make a Trest leak

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Diprs2 and JeriHfoley18
I can’t pee laying down so I get up and stretch and pee.

Pantyman said:
I wear diapers every night to bed because of occasional bedwetting. There are times where I will wake up having to go to the bathroom but choose instead to lay there and wet myself laying down in my nice diaper. If you wake up and have to go, do you get up and go or do you just use your diaper for which intended purposes. I will say that when I was staying at a relative's house just because of the fact I didn't want a possible leak. When I did wake up I did get up and use the bathroom.
I only wake up if its almost time too. maybe a few hours before 7am but any earlier and I'm asleep subconsciously wetting my self.

I have been a long time 24/7, U-IC and at night, I sleep commonly thru the night. If I wake, it is commonly because I need to reposition myself an return quickly to sleep. Always been a restless sleeper and shifting position is fairly common. I wear a NorthShore MEGAMAX with their Trifecta diaper cover and never place any thought to whether, I am wet or not as leaks are very rare. On those rare events, the washable bed pad I sleep on catches those tiny amounts.

During the day, I try to use the toilet when I am at home or have a toilet near by, as I see it as preserving what little control I have, which isn't very much!

If you can safely make it to the toilet, I would recommend that you try as one 'can' lose ability to hold volume.

Reactions: Canadianfalls, Diprs2 and newt
detectiveblutomindpretzel said:
I can make a Trest leak
And those are freaking elite

Get up to pee? Oh, Hell no. That is why I wear diapers to bed.

• Love
Reactions: Diprs2, chamberpot and ryan8710
No I just wet my diaper

Reactions: TenaciousDL, Diprs2 and chamberpot
"I just wet my diaper"?

I just don't get it, is this an ability that most of you are born with?
I can't lie in my bed when I need to go, and just wee on demand, even if I wanted to (to be honest that is rare, but I sometimes wish that I could). I could maybe squeeze out a few drops, but that would be very uncomfortable. Is this just me having a hard time?
When I'm sleeping though, there is no problem at all, since my bedwetting seems to be thriving right now, more than ever...

Reactions: mirrored22, AUG168 and Diprs2
i'm usually a deep sleeper but if I wake up due to my bladdler
1. I will most likely be already wet before my body eventhinks about waking up to needing a pee
2. I will just stay in bed and wet my diaper

Reactions: TenaciousDL, Diprs2 and chamberpot
well, I use a segufix when sleeping, and also wear pjs like a lKS or a suit like preventawear one.

i'm also IC and diabled.

So, if i wake up at night and/or are still awake and ahvent fallen asleep yet (happens a lot due to pain and spasms). I will just use the diaper as its there and for me to contact the pca and then get out of the segufix and then out of the pjs and then to the bathroom there is not much chance i'd make it that long and use the diaper anyhow as i may get a min or so before my bladder will spasm or cramp and then not a choice.

So, i just let it go and dont worry about it. and just try to get some sleep as it's har enough for me to get sleep as it is, let alone if i was to get up and undressed and then back in bed again....not worth the trouble IMHO

Now if i was to need to do a BM which in my case i usually need help going so its really scheduled most the time, but in the times when i need toi do that i will go through the effort to get up and use the loo as it's in the end easier and i do get rashes from that, but not so much from urine.

I do however still try to hold on to the urine to keep what little control i have, i dont just let go at any notice and "try" to hold on till i cant, wether that helps i can really say, but i figure it cant hurt to keep what little control i still have.

But, it is what it is and there is no sense in getting my pca to do more work than necessary especially as it will end up in the diaper almost all the time anyhow.

There is no point in my getting up to pee at night as my bladder would let go before I even got to the toilet door 😨

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Bigbabybret
I now just go without getting up. When I was really spending a lot of time and effort with pelvic floor therapy I was starting to wake up with the urge instead of just sleeping through it. I was so excited since it seemed like progress. Sure, I might have not made it to the bathroom a few times anyway, but progress was progress.

But eventually, months went by and nothing was changing. And I have a horrible time falling asleep, especially if I wake up in the middle of the night. So, it became more of a burden as I wasn't making progress. At some point I decided it was actually causing more problems than it was worth and gave up trying to rush to the bathroom. I'll still wake up every once in a while, but its starting to recede. It's disappointing letting the progress go, but the cost of not sleeping well was too high for the progress I had made, but wasn't improving.

Reactions: JeriHfoley18, Diprs2 and Edgewater
newt said:
I now just go without getting up. When I was really spending a lot of time and effort with pelvic floor therapy I was starting to wake up with the urge instead of just sleeping through it. I was so excited since it seemed like progress. Sure, I might have not made it to the bathroom a few times anyway, but progress was progress.

But eventually, months went by and nothing was changing. And I have a horrible time falling asleep, especially if I wake up in the middle of the night. So, it became more of a burden as I wasn't making progress. At some point I decided it was actually causing more problems than it was worth and gave up trying to rush to the bathroom. I'll still wake up every once in a while, but its starting to recede. It's disappointing letting the progress go, but the cost of not sleeping well was too high for the progress I had made, but wasn't improving.
Sorry to heard that, my problem is actually the opposite.

I almost never wake up in time. But if I do, then my mental block kicks in and hinders me from wetting my nighttime nappies while awake.

It mostly ends with me just getting up and to do it in the toilet like a big girl...

But sometimes I get back to sleep, wetting myself the old fashioned way; in my sleep...

Reactions: newt and Diprs2
Back