If you wake do you get up at night!

Pantyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I wear diapers every night to bed because of occasional bedwetting. There are times where I will wake up having to go to the bathroom but choose instead to lay there and wet myself laying down in my nice diaper. If you wake up and have to go, do you get up and go or do you just use your diaper for which intended purposes. I will say that when I was staying at a relative's house just because of the fact I didn't want a possible leak. When I did wake up I did get up and use the bathroom.

Reactions: DLPeakOut, Diaperpee8, Diprs2 and 3 others
I will just pee my nappy

Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude, Seabear, Diprs2 and 2 others
I won't even bother getting-up because i will not make-it to the toilet.

Reactions: Diprs2, PadPhilosopher and NappiedTruckDriver
I have a hard time getting to sleep, getting up and walking just wakes me up more ...if on the off chance I did wake up ....you can bet I'd not be getting out of bed ...

Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2, Mickeymic and 3 others
Yes, I definitely get up

Reactions: Pino and PadPhilosopher
That's why I'm wearing it....not getting up. I get precious little sleep as it is.

Reactions: NorthwestDiaperDude, TenaciousDL, Edgewater and 2 others
As like the incontinence forum says, I'm IC. Not like yourself (you classified as dl). So as an IC member, I think most IC people understand that often we don't even know what happens when we sleep. The rare time that I might awake and realize that I was feeling the urge, and knowing that the release will happen, I simply go back to sleep. I might feel the wetting but I'm probably half asleep anyway. Being fully IC, I often have BM's while I'm in bed (sleeping). Sometime the urgency is so strong that I awake. Not completely awake but I know (and feel) that the BM is coming. There's no reason to hit for the bathroom. Why? When it occurs, it's fairly sudden (~10 to 20 seconds). I've never tried to go for a toilet. All it would do is alert my brain and suffer what ever sleep I need. When I awake in the early morning and starting to feel the urge, I might get myself in a comfortable position and simply relax. Then in seconds...boom. Now I know that there is a load in my diaper To be honest, this happens everyday. Or perhaps when I'm in bed. It doesn't really matter. I suppose we have IC members who actually have the time to visit the bathroom. If I was one of these, I admit that I'd probably be just lazy.

I'm just wondering why you're so interested in this here at the IC forum? If you are, perhaps you could have posted on the abdl forum. If you do have an intelligent IC question, no foul.

• Love
Reactions: newt, moorey, JeriHfoley18 and 7 others
Well personally, since I continuously leak, I never wake up with a full bladder. But if I wake up and need to go #2, I get up.

But I had a friend in HS who was a late bedwetter and she wore Goodnites. She never woke up in the night. But she admitted that sometimes on weekend mornings, she would wake up in the morning but choose to sleep in. She would just go in her pullup. One time, she woke up pretty wet from the night before and still chose to pee. She ended up leaking and she had to change her sheets. Her mother thought she had just forgotten to put her night diaper on, but later saw the completely soaked diaper in the bathroom trash and questioned her about it lol.

*Also she said that on most weekdays, unless she woke up dry, she wouldn't change until she showered after breakfast. She would usually just have her morning pee in her Goodnite while brushing her teeth, then hop in the shower. She does NOT have a diaper kink, which always made her stories interesting to me.

Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2, gobphus and 2 others
I use to have to wake once or twice a night to use the washroom but since I've got my own place I've started wearing every night now I don't even wake at all till the morning will rest and wet 😅 I'm happy to trade bedwetting for sleep anyday of the year especially when it comes with cute comfy diapers and pajamas

Reactions: flybaby, DLPeakOut, Diprs2 and 2 others
The last few years I have just used my diaper. I’m not a bedwetter so I didn’t need a diaper at night, but as I got older, the need to pee during night has increased, along with my wife’s intolerance to be woken up several times by my trips to the bathroom ;)
She told me it was better if I wore my diaper and just used it, if that ment she could sleep through the night.
I didn’t mind, I was already diapered during day time.
Anyway, I had a real problem to get all the way to the toilet before the bladder released itself (urge), so, not fun to wipe and wash pee off the floor at night :(
This means I get better sleep too.

• Love
Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2, Floodingpants and 1 other person
OnePiece said:
The last few years I have just used my diaper. I’m not a bedwetter so I didn’t need a diaper at night, but as I got older, the need to pee during night has increased, along with my wife’s intolerance to be woken up several times by my trips to the bathroom ;)
She told me it was better if I wore my diaper and just used it, if that ment she could sleep through the night.
I didn’t mind, I was already diapered during day time.
Anyway, I had a real problem to get all the way to the toilet before the bladder released itself (urge), so, not fun to wipe and wash pee off the floor at night :(
This means I get better sleep too.
Happy wife, happy life! I'm glad yours is practical and supportive.

Reactions: Edgewater, OnePiece and Diprs2
I wet the bed every night and very rarely wake up so will always have a wet nappy in the morning. On the odd occasion I do wake up I just use my nappy. Sometimes I will wake up around 4/5am because my nappy is really wet and I will change into a dry nappy only to generally be wet again by 7:30am.

• Wow
Reactions: Wetshisbed, Edgewater, OnePiece and 2 others
Tenaman said:
I wet the bed every night and very rarely wake up so will always have a wet nappy in the morning. On the odd occasion I do wake up I just use my nappy. Sometimes I will wake up around 4/5am because my nappy is really wet and I will change into a dry nappy only to generally be wet again by 7:30am.
Can you not find a product that saves you from having to get out of bed anyway? Maybe a booster for night time?

Last edited:
Reactions: Edgewater and Diprs2
As I’m learning, since I get very little sleep as it is. And sharing my story with others. You have it on, don’t risk waking up more, just go and fall back to sleep.

I understand why you asked. I believe I asked @PadPhilosopher this question a couple days ago :) I’m still in the accepting phase of diapers for IC. So some things you just want to know what others do

Reactions: Josephine, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Most of the time I do not know I have wet my diaper. There are occasions that I have woken up needing to go pee and would attempt to go to the toilet.🫠 This usually did not work out as I would wet my diaper while getting up or on the way to the toilet 15 feet away. :oops:So now I just go in my diaper with plastic pants isn't that why you are wearing it to bed, so you do not wet the bed? :rolleyes:🫠

Reactions: Edgewater, OnePiece, Diprs2 and 2 others
I can't... I tried it... But my brain won't let me... It would be good because I would stay asleep

• Sad
Reactions: Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
Pantyman said:
I wear diapers every night to bed because of occasional bedwetting. There are times where I will wake up having to go to the bathroom but choose instead to lay there and wet myself laying down in my nice diaper. If you wake up and have to go, do you get up and go or do you just use your diaper for which intended purposes. I will say that when I was staying at a relative's house just because of the fact I didn't want a possible leak. When I did wake up I did get up and use the bathroom.
I've always used bed pads at home, and when I travel, in case of leaks.
Although I have moderate to severe urge urinary IC, I will try to get to the bathroom most times at home if needed. But yet, there are times I'm in my little space and I choose to wet, even if it is possible to get to the bathroom.
I'm not a bedwetter, and I always feel the need to go just before I am unable to stop the flow. I was an AB, or headed that way at four years of age, but in 1999 I had major lumbar fusion reconstruction that left me with a strong urge IC. It was a mixed bag at first, sorting out my AB side with all of a sudden having to need diapers.

Reactions: Edgewater, Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
UnderTheRadar said:
I can't... I tried it... But my brain won't let me... It would be good because I would stay asleep
Me either. I think it's because I'm afraid of leaking. If I really concentrate I can pee a little at a time so I don't leak, but that will cause me to wake up even more than just getting out of bed and going to pee in the bathroom. I rarely go to sleep in a diaper, but when I do, I usually wake up in the middle of the night and just take it off and go to the bathroom.

• Thinking
Reactions: flybaby, Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
detectiveblutomindpretzel said:
Me either. I think it's because I'm afraid of leaking. If I really concentrate I can pee a little at a time so I don't leak, but that will cause me to wake up even more than just getting out of bed and going to pee in the bathroom. I rarely go to sleep in a diaper, but when I do, I usually wake up in the middle of the night and just take it off and go to the bathroom.
Try a Tykable. Those things don’t ever leak

Reactions: Edgewater and PadPhilosopher
If I am in my own bed and wake up needing to pee then I would just let it flow and drift back off to sleep.

Reactions: chamberpot, Diprs2 and PadPhilosopher
Back